Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Len Gribble

Re: Bone-Dry Franchise
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2005, 09:50:05 pm »
Steve

Marks franchisor is selling one system only and he has brought into to it hook
Line and sinker the one and only one now that sad! One has only to look at the other franchisor net works the beginning what are they using now?

I may have a TM but also got a Ninja (great machine) also use the LM system more so now also great but need an upgrade to a more unique selling point! The snow drop method is at the bottom of my list though I do use the machine.

Never been able to define the so called cowboy! :(

Yes an opinion and never in stone!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Rousey

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2005, 10:08:49 am »
Hi Len, I have not bought the Bone-Dry system 'Hook line and sinker' as you put it.
When buying into a business you take great care and research in the business you are buying into.

I have known the franchisor for nearly 8 years and have another successful franchise with him, that compliments this latest franchise I have bought.

To say that my life has changed for the better over the last 8 years is a massive understatement, thanks to the franchisor. 8 years ago my salary was £18k per year, with a gorgeous wife and 3 kids, not alot of money, so getting a business was my answer to greater riches and a risk worth taking.
Last years accounts of my 'other' business saw me clear £53k profit!!

My wife and I still pinch ourselves, because we have had it tough, but we realise that we have to keep working hard to keep those yearly accounts worth waiting for!!!

So, not all franchisees are bad and neither are franchisors. Yes, there is a risk, but not if you do your homework first, study all the paperwork etc. Our franchisor has a small monthly fee that we all pay which is fixed, no matter how succesful you get or how many van's you have etc.

And to be honest, the very few people I have seen fail, basically don't stick to the blueprint (they think they know better) or they are not prepered to put in the hard work. (they think it is like a lottery ticket) so who is to blame there..certanley not the franchise or franchisor!

We all go ito business for different reasons and we all get different results because we are all different. At the end of the day it is the individual that makes the difference, it is the one that works smart and sometimes hard that gets the results, because they are pushing the correct buttons, and in a franchise (a succesfull one) those buttons are clearly marked.

Cheers
Mark.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2005, 10:46:06 am »
Mark,

Please do not think I am having a go.

I take it your other Franchise is in the Home Cleaning Market.

On the Contract Cleaning section there are several people trying to succeed in this market.

I do not know if you and your wife contribute to that section or not, but it would be good if you could help.

Lots of very sucessful carpet cleaners willing give advise on this section and  I believe have helped others achieve success.

Personally I see nothing wrong with being part of a Franchise Network. Some on Here l have a USP to offer their customers, and have mentioned it on Forums, because they are proud of what they do.

Steve,

Like Len I am never sure what a Cowboy was.  When I first started after a one day training course, my leaflet which was part of the package  had a section refering to Cowboys, my script  also refered to Cowboys. Yes it was The Rug Doctor Commercial Wide Track that I was using ;D ;D ;D

When I asked the person who sold me the package, he said some cleaners use Tide in their tank as an example.

John Kelly

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2005, 11:18:42 am »
In my view a cowboy is someone who carries out a service without caring about the consequences for the customer.
This can include blatant price rigging (charging for work not carried out i.e protector in the solution tank) carrying out work without any adequate training, using totally unapropriate equipment or products (Persil).
Anybody who tries to run a succesfull business, even though they may not be working to the highest standards is not necessarily a cowboy.
Just been told that some travellers down in the South West have been hiring rug doctors under false id's and are now touting a carpet cleaning service.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2005, 11:26:22 am »
Hi Guys,

I think Mark has the right idea , take a process and believe in it.

This way the customers gets a clear message rather than well it's O.K , but HWE is better and maybe a TM would be better.

Cheers,

Doug

Rousey

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2005, 01:29:53 pm »
Ian

No offence was taken. Was just putting the franchise opion across, that there are good ones out there and it does work.

Mark

stevegunn

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2005, 01:33:45 pm »
I used to sell my used sponge to a local garage too he used it to soak up oil spills cheaper than dress and dry ;)

Len Gribble

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2005, 07:36:30 pm »
Mark

So you are already a franchisee X 2 hope your new venture takes off! How much did it cost you! Think about it before replying! As I always come back with feasibility study!

I honesty feel you are wasting time trying to sell the franchise system here! Expressly the snow drops system as good as it is!

See you are green as grass, word of advice never tell any one how much you made they may believe you! With little or no competition, this really is your opportunity to build a genuine local business with a brilliant future

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Rousey

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2005, 09:29:00 am »
Hi Len,

I am certanly not trying to sell a carpet franchise on a forum with guys with 10+ years exp!!!!(Especially as you are all WET!!) My point was not all franchisees are bad and some do actually work( there are another 115 of me in the 'other' franchise all with different levels of success, some more, the same, and not so good as me!).

Anyway thanks for the encouragement, already I have had a fantastic start and long may it continue!

Mark.

cleaning co

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2005, 01:38:28 pm »
hi mr kelly,is NEW AND IMPROVED ARIEL COLOUR AND STYLE  OK ?  ;D also u telling me when i tell my custmers that after the water evapurates from carpet it will leave a seal on carpet is not so ?  mmm i better go on a refresher course ;D
gary( inventer of splash and dash  (trade mark pending )

garyj

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2005, 04:26:43 pm »
Love the idea of a couple of pikies turning up with a rug doctor to clean madam's carpets. But it goes to proove that if you leaflet and target your area, no matter what machine you've got its all down to marketing and price.

cleaning co

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2005, 06:35:57 pm »
garyj 100% correct   punters dont even understand the diff between a truckmount,portable,rug docter, persil ,crystal green etc etc they just want thier carpet cleaned  at a price they feel is right at a time and day that suits them  ,end of

mark_lane

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2005, 06:49:00 pm »
Hi mark iam not knocking the system that you use as it seems very successful and good luck to you,but have you used a top of the range H/W/E system? as most cc's on this forum would have a choice of 3 or 4 systems to choose from and 9/10 would go for H/w/E
                                 cheersmark

Rousey

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2005, 07:27:22 pm »
Hi, No I have not used a HWE. And I do realise that a top of the range one does a very good job, even better than Dry, but we are marketing (successfully) to a particular market, that Dry is probably the prefered option and it does the job. As I said there is enough work for ALL.

Regards
Mark

Len Gribble

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2005, 03:51:00 am »
Mark

May be damp but not behind the ears! As an existing franchisee within the cleaning industry one offer extra if quaffed or not to perform that task! why give the franchisor a licence fee of £xxxx plus over inflated price to buy machinery/cleaning agents and £xxx a mouth on top of what you already brought into, ones got to be brain dead! Don’t think they have the branding right! Not knocking the system it has a place in the market, but you need to get into the real world!

Epitaph I am the one yeh right! ;D

Len

Rousey

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2005, 07:48:42 am »
Len, you said it, it has a place in the market.

Look, some people are not brave enough/or do not know where to start when starting a business, so a franchise is an easy option.

You have the model that works
You have support 24/7 (well we do here)
You have a franchisor who is continually working for you, and re-investing the monthly fee back into the business
You have full support in setting up, from accounts to marketing

I could go on and on...........

I can take you to friends of mine who have a franchise (not this one) and it has changed there lives to the better.

I presume that you had a franchise that back fired on you, but don't blame all the other 'good' franchisees out there.

Cheers and get some sleep!!!!

Mark.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2005, 07:53:05 am »
Hi Mark

Can you tell me the place in the market for dry as I am struggling to find it and need all the help I can get.

Cheers

Neil