This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

REVIVE-A-DRIVE

tennis court
« on: October 31, 2005, 04:06:04 pm »
i've got to go and price up a tennis court on wednesday,
anyone done one before and at what price did u charge?

preston powerblast

Re: tennis court
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 04:58:19 pm »
Not done one before, but sounds like good work if you can get it,
I would tell them if they wanted it done on a regular basis then they could have it done at a discounted price and then it'll get some work in the diary for next year.

Paul Forster

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 05:41:42 pm »
If the surface is tarmac then I would think twice before using a pressure washer. If tarmac I would scrape the surface with a sharp shovel, brush area with a stiff yard broom folowed up by treatment  with an algacide. Price wise about £250

Paul

Chris Bailey

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 08:00:08 pm »
not into pressure washing, but i did get someone to pressure wash a carpark for me and remember him saying the same, can't pressure wash as it blasts the tarmac away.

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester

mr hewett

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 11:31:16 pm »
revive a drive, be carefull on this one buddy i myself went to look at a tennis court recently it was about 800 square meters the company who wanted the job done wanted me to remove some gum and then a clean, however when i went to area in question to do a quick demo before metting the client at the location as i wasant sure what the out come was going to be and didint want to make my self look silly i found were id tryed to remove the gum small pot holes were starting to form so that was a no go, on just the cleaning front just using 40 degreses on half pressere this also was a non starter as it to seam to be lifting the tarmac,still not sure if this could of had something to do with the way it was layed however what ever the case may be decided to give it a wide birth as the company wanted a garantee that i wouldnt damage the tarmac witch i couldnt give made my exsceses and gave it a miss but dont let me put you of try and have a little practice  if poss why no ones about in a small area and see how you get on best of luck me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

preston powerblast

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 09:22:13 am »
Ive done many tarmac areas, I use a fan nozzle.
But the thing is you have to watch is that you dont use very hot water, watch what chemicals you use as chemicals affect the binding agent in the tarmac, dont use a turbo nozzle or a pencil jet.
Just use a standard run of the mill patio/ tarmac cleaner.
You usually find that areas like this have had a proper tarmac job done two or three coats unlike the usual cowboy jobs like you find on driveways.
What i would do personally is meet the client at the job and do a tester say a sq metre.
If you are then both happy then go ahead with the job.
But if you are in any serious doubt, then leave it alone.

Chris Bailey

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 02:03:42 pm »
anyone tried using a liability waiver with this sort of work, where the custards insist the work is done etc..
Carpet Care

Leicester

Paul Forster

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 03:51:56 pm »
Gary,
Do you not find the  losend dirt 'sticks' to the surface of the tarmac leaving agreagate particles and when dry a thin overall coating of dirt.

I have tried  test cleaning tarmac before resulting in the above, but  now turn this work down - if it can be cleaned sucessful using a pw then decent money to be made.

Regards Paul

Ged

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 05:59:12 pm »
ive done tarmac with my flat surface cleaner with no problemas but having said that  i only do tarmac that is in really good nick.

in my experience you don't get a great result on tarmac and clients seem to think it's going to come out nice and black like it was when put down, but it dun't.

Ged

REVIVE-A-DRIVE

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 06:04:17 pm »
cheers for the reply's,i've ben advised by hydrotech to use the hot pan at 70 c and half the pressure
they say they do these all the time and charge 400 pounds?
what do u lot think?

preston powerblast

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 07:04:29 pm »
I think 400 may be a bit excessive, but what the hell, if they are willing to pay it go for it.
I normally find on places like tennis courts 5 a side pitches the particles used in it are much smaller than normal tarmac and it always seems to be compacted better.
After I have cleaned it I always wash down with just normal cold water once or twice and this seems to remove this scummy sandy staining.
But anything is worth a try.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Paul Forster

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 07:05:47 pm »
Price seems about right but not sure about the heat.

Paul

riverside

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 11:03:44 pm »
I would take anything hydrotech says with a pinch of salt!!

mr hewett

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 08:35:53 pm »
riverside, sounds like you've wised up to hydrotech i  agree with you totaly you cant beleive a word they say ive got a bit of gossip you might want to read about  them i will email it to you in due course let me know what you think!!!!!

REVIVE-A-DRIVE

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 08:37:35 pm »
hi mr hewtt
any thing i should no about!!

tech-clean

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 07:28:17 pm »
Gossip! :D Now that made my ears prick up, hey i'm female!
 Let's share, l'll tell you mine if you tell me your's ;D
I have noticed he doesn't post like he used to when he first started in this game (sorry l forgot he's been in this game for years ???)
Happy cleaning everyone
regards
Jan

preston powerblast

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 07:36:14 pm »
Been to look at a tennis court today, which they want doing in feb.
I though about this post and went straight in with the 400 quid quote?
But to my suprise I was the only company to turn up.
Dont know if Ive got the job yet but it looks hopeful.

tech-clean

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 07:38:26 pm »
Sorry Revi-A Drive
what l meant to say was, l'll have a word with the tennis court refurbishers who use our equipment see if l can't give you one of their numbers they might be worth talking to as they often have a lot on and need subbies, they do this kind of work all day everyday. repainting lines etc after cleaning.
All the major contracts are held by bigger companies who sub to people like yourself, they don't usually bother with the odd domestic customer. Whilst typing your post came thru, still maybe worthwhile talking to one of these guy's
regards
Jan

exoclean

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 08:34:00 pm »
Message for Jan,

When you demonstrated your flat surface cleaner it seemed to work fine on the tarmac.

Stephen if your worried about breaking up the tarmac just reduce the pressure after all moss isn't that difficult to wash off. Is it? I've never had any problems with it anyway.

Good Luck

Paul

mr hewett

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 03:53:23 pm »
Tech clean where are you based if you dont mind me asking? cant find any info on you.!!!!!