Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Your Choice w/c

squeegy blades
« on: October 02, 2011, 04:48:41 pm »
Always used Ettore but thinking of changing to another type ie Unger due to cost. What do you guys recommend? and whats the difference between HARD and SOFT rubbers?Is one supposed to be superior to the other?Thanks in advance

bobby p

Re: squeegy blades
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 05:01:24 pm »
i have been using Unger soft for a few months now. its okay but its Definitely thinner than Ettore or Pulex which was what i used before

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 05:07:33 pm »
I was taught by bwca to use hard in summer and soft in winrter

cozy

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 05:21:35 pm »

Correct. Been using Unger for over 20 years. Get through about 1 every 7 working days depending wat sort of work. On domestic, about 5 to 7 days. Cost about 1.50 a blade.

Steve_c

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 08:57:14 pm »
 I brought a load of hard Pulex rubber so i could cut it down to size as required. I carnt get it to last more than one job???? I only trad on internal cleans. As i blade off it leaves tiny lines on the glass, turn the rubber OK for a few window then back to lines again. Returning to Unger

Avo

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 09:20:34 pm »
I also have used the ettore rubbers the last few years but always change to ungers soft in the colder months but you will burn the tips out twice as fast using softer blades "ain't no big deal thou".. Infact I've had the unger soft blades on the last 2 weeks and enjoying the change

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 09:48:37 pm »

Correct. Been using Unger for over 20 years. Get through about 1 every 7 working days depending wat sort of work. On domestic, about 5 to 7 days. Cost about 1.50 a blade.
cozy could you explain more as to why this is correct ?
where theres muck theres money

cozy

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 09:51:11 pm »
As far as I know mate, if we use hard in the winter, we get blade judder, we don't get it when using soft. In summer, I find hard glides better. I think it's the same principal as winter tyres. If I was clever enough, I wouldn't be cleanin windows!! ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 09:57:35 pm »

cozy could you explain more as to why this is correct ?

The cold makes hard rubber, stiffer and less pliable; so, it doesn't glide as well.  
If you're wfp, think how the cold affects hoses (or used to).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

cozy

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 10:03:25 pm »
My Mrs just told me she uses soft all the time.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 10:12:41 pm »
Just bought some cheap stuff from a place i was passing whilst out with the family .... lovely stuff ... will have to go back and get some more - not branded so i dont have a clue what it it, but did the isides at home on friday and it was honestly a real joy
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

cozy

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 10:16:17 pm »
Get a name for us Froggy

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 07:30:37 am »
Will do Cozy .... it really is lovely stuff and i'd be happy to have it among my other kit  ;D
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

cozy

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 09:01:13 am »
Will do Cozy .... it really is lovely stuff and i'd be happy to have it among my other kit  ;D

;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 06:47:40 pm »
unger soft all year round.i buy them in packs of 25 pre cut(14 in).they last anything between a month and 2 months before i need to change one in my channel.im mainly wfp so they dont get as much use these days.

i get mine from the windowcleancentre.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 10:26:36 pm »
All about hillbrush... Great new techno..rubbers are as good as ettore.