This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobplum

fixed date cleaning or "cycle"
« on: September 29, 2011, 08:09:52 am »
i have noticed some people on here offer fixed date monthly cleaning as opposed to say 4 weekly cleaning,does it really work,whats the problems associated with this.
any views everybody

dazmond

Re: fixed date cleaning or "cycle"
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:23:05 am »
i have a few 8 weekly accounts that i phone/text the night before for access and also a few 4 weeklies but they are very few and far between.

the problem is the weather and unforseen emergencies.also sometimes ive had enough by a certain time the next day and come home.you also dont have the pressure that you have to get the work done so you dont let the customer down.

getting round roughly on time is fine for most customers.very rarely have any problems.very few "not todays" and generally less hassle and more flexible IMO.
price higher/work harder!

andyM

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:58:11 am »
I have a few special jobs every month that pay very well. Rich people with nice houses and security gates  ;D
So I make an exception with these few to clean at a specified date and time that suits them.
One of the Plebs

Dave Anderson

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 05:51:33 pm »
Bob my whole round is 'scheduled' it is based around a 8 weekly rotation and for me this way of working suits me fine.  I need a plan...so it works for me.

The trick to this type of working is not creating a round that is solid 5 or 6 days a week and 9 hours a day...so pricing well is key here...

Weather...yes it does affect working but to be honest...if weather is really bad I email the affected customer and give them another day....this works if you have free slots in your working week.

This way of working requires you to plan your round in fine detail and watch it like a hawk whilst your building it and maintaining it...

Sure turning up when I want would be cool but access would prove difficult and lots of people here have external shutters on their windows here so this again would prove difficult.

Horses for courses...it works for me and works well..

I ensure that I have each customers email address so when I cannot clean for any reason...they are contacted using email.

Cheers
Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:35:54 pm »
we clean on 5 or 10 weekly basis, I text or ring on average 4 customers per working day for access, etc. we only work 3 days a week on windows which gives flexibility. 10 weekers get moved a week or so either way if behind with weather etc.

customers get confused easily, with the whole 4 or 5 weeks/calendar month business, keep it simple and have room for flexibility, then  can move work around if needs be for weather/holidays/sickies (what are they?!)

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 08:25:39 am »
I can help u Bob by you giving me all your Huntinton customes (for free) then u can go back to your 3 weekly cycle  ;D

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 09:58:24 am »
I can help u Bob by you giving me all your Huntinton customes (for free) then u can go back to your 3 weekly cycle  ;D
i am knot gifing eway mi custumors 2 sume one who kant spel HUNTINGTION
how did you get on with the Punjab people ???

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 10:06:15 am »

HuntingDON.  There, do i qualify for free customers?!  As a side point, i wasnt expecting a spelling lesson there either ;D  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 10:08:38 am »

yup got em to pay 3 in advance well now 2 in advance cos cleaned em other day ..... theyre on MY side our estate in HUNTINGTON  ;)

Ian101

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 10:09:57 am »
not seen isparkle on there for a while .... do u think he will give me his customers  :o :o

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 02:26:28 pm »

yup got em to pay 3 in advance well now 2 in advance cos cleaned em other day ..... theyre on MY side our estate in HUNTINGTON  ;)

i must be doing the indigenous population side

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 02:31:08 pm »
My customers are in WCP on a fixed 6 weeks/8 weeks ect,.. but I explain to them when they sigh up that weather etc causes delays & I'll visit at the first opportunity AFTER they become due, but will never call early unless the specifically request it.

StockClean

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 04:17:20 pm »
All our cleans are on a fixed date system. We run our calendar on a fixed 4 week month, with jobs either booked, weekly, bi weekly, monthly, bi monthly and quarterly.

We work 5 Days a week 8 am till 5 pm, all weathers.

All customer bills have their next clean date clearly printed on the bill, its down to the customer to add this to their calendar, as we do stick to these dates no matter what. If the customer fails to leave access on the due date, we are not obligated to go back, and we still expect payment in full. Of course we use this rule with discresion, but it does work and saves alot of hassel.

Payment must be made within 5 days or the database sends out a payment reminder letter.

bobplum

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 07:28:25 pm »
i suppose having a fixed date system rules out "are you sure its been 4 weeks" etc still not sure if its for me maybe if i was starting a new i would try it as i know a couple of WCS use this system and it seems to work for them and i guess it gives you a good excuse to clean in all weathers because of the fixed date

any more views

lee_dewing

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 09:18:18 pm »
Marc, how do you get on with the all weathers policy?

I work in drizzle but not much else.

What would you do to a custy if they refused a clean due to the weather? drop em?

Just curious.

thanks lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

KS Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 10:32:46 pm »
All our cleans are on a fixed date system. We run our calendar on a fixed 4 week month, with jobs either booked, weekly, bi weekly, monthly, bi monthly and quarterly.

We work 5 Days a week 8 am till 5 pm, all weathers.

All customer bills have their next clean date clearly printed on the bill, its down to the customer to add this to their calendar, as we do stick to these dates no matter what. If the customer fails to leave access on the due date, we are not obligated to go back, and we still expect payment in full. Of course we use this rule with discresion, but it does work and saves alot of hassel.

Payment must be made within 5 days or the database sends out a payment reminder letter.

Wouldn't work for me for the following reasons...employee throwing a sickie,possible vehicle problems,possible equipment problems,freezing temperatures....any of these things happen and the dates would be Pete Tong.

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 10:43:16 pm »

What would you do to a custy if they refused a clean due to the weather? drop em?

Just curious.

thanks lee

Me personally, i am at the point where i can be picky and choosy, and "drop" customers who mess me about.  I normally give them a chance first, I ask them what they, or their son or daughter would do if they went to work and their boss said that he had no work for them that day and that they wouldnt get paid.  They get the idea pretty quick then when you liken it to us being told not to bother cleaning windows on the day, especially when it doesnt make a difference to the clean itself.  I also tell them that if i were to only clean when the weather is perfect, i would have to charge twice the amount to be able to stay in business!

Then if they still turn me down, i tend to drop them and move on.  Cant be doing with "its going to rain this afternoon,", or even had some say its gonna rain in 3 days time!!!  :o  I mean, seriously?::!!

It helps having a any problems and we will come back and reclean affected windows for free too.......extremely rarely gets used, but its a comfort to the customer knowing we have confidence in ability to work regardless of weather etc

StockClean

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 09:30:13 pm »

Just curious.

thanks lee

Hi Lee,

I have waterproofs for rain and wind, since every customer gets a cleaning date, and we stick to it, that forms a contract. If they want a clean skipped we need 24 hours notice before the next clean date, and it works fantasticly well. No notice, no cancel, full payment please. No access? full payment please. all it takes is for them to note down when we are coming. We even time the jobs so I know on the database just how many i can get in on any one day.

I have never had someone refuse me working due to the weather, cos every customer knows that our dates are not depedning on the weather. We do our best to stick to the schedual.

I cant understand how people cant have a schedual in place, for me its needed and it adds more value to the business. I can look up the databse, and know exacly how much money is due to come in from work ready to be cleaned on the system.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 10:50:35 pm »
id hate a schedule i had to stick to esp during bad weather!!might as well work for someone else IMO!!for me the great thing about window cleaning is flexibilty and freedom so if i want a break from the daily grind I CAN!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i earn plenty and i like to have a bit of a life away from window cleaning sometimes!! ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 01:04:19 am »
id hate a schedule i had to stick to esp during bad weather!!might as well work for someone else IMO!!for me the great thing about window cleaning is flexibilty and freedom so if i want a break from the daily grind I CAN!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i earn plenty and i like to have a bit of a life away from window cleaning sometimes!! ;D ;D ;D
Meat Loaf "you took the words right out of my mouth"