This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

Going from 5 weeks to 4 weeks
« on: August 18, 2011, 06:55:51 pm »
Anyone had experience of changing work from 5 weeks to 4 weeks?

Been offered some work, but it's being cleaned on a 5 week basis, and I work on 4 weeks basis, how do you think they will take it?

Coupled with the fact that it will be changed from trad to wfp ???

lee_dewing

Re: Going from 5 weeks to 4 weeks
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:42:31 pm »
I don't like the sound of that Lee, especially if your gonna pay x3 the value.

I did buy some work off a windy friend of mine i was still ladders and was monthly, he took 5-6 weeks to get round :(

soon converted to wfp.

If it wasn't the frequency or the fact i didn't collect and wanted payment posted, then it was the pole that finished em off.

within 6 months i'd either lost or dumped custy's, lucky for me i picked up new work.

but i shelled out about £300 for about £150 worth of work  :'(

I decided never to buy work again and have mainly l/let'd or sometimes door knocked, or natural growth.

ps. if the guy you know takes 5 weeks then that probably means nearer 6 weeks, longer in winter.

I'd only take work if he gives it to you for  free, i bet you'd lose 2 thirds of the work.

sorry to be negative, but honest imo.

lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

bobby p

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:46 pm »
id not dare come a week early . even a day or 2  early is asking for to get cancelled IMO

Pope vader

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 08:00:24 pm »
how many custys is it

Lee GLS

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:18:19 pm »
80 customers £1000 worth of work

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 08:20:28 pm »
lee if its enough work to create an extra weeks work with say 25% more than what you do now and top up your other work 25% a week it might be worth doing?
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Pope vader

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 08:23:49 pm »
just add a extra week on to your month,  can u fit it in,  or are you full

Lee GLS

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 08:25:52 pm »
There's no point adding an extra week because I won't benefit from the work I'm buying.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 08:28:12 pm »
do it lets say you lose £200 thats a nice weekly £200 on the round if you manage to get them 4 weekly. JUST WOKE UP! yes lee bought £2000 2 yrs ago on 5-6 weekly my mate was doing it ALOT of his custys were pleased to go 4 wkly as he was very relaxed about the whole thing and just got round to them on his own time. Anway long story short yes i have done it and got alot on my 4 wkly schedule. the grumblers went on 8 wkly or as said before create a 5 wkly round perhaps?

Lee GLS

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 08:32:00 pm »
Cheers dan, I'm not going to go 5 weekly because I have the room to fit the work in on my 4 week rota, so it wouldnt add any value to my work doing that.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 08:37:41 pm »
defo buy the work whatever

Pope vader

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 08:38:53 pm »
just buy it and fit it in,  you are going to lose weeks any way, over xmas, 

Pope vader

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 08:40:07 pm »
just tell them that rather than put up prices you are going to maximise the working week and you might get around to them afew days earlier than normal

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 10:03:37 pm »
Lee,

I would just do it. Once you draw their attention to a change, you will make a rod for your own back. For those who notice there attention will be focused on the change of cleaning method rather than the cycle.
I only ever had one lady who wrote the cleans down on her calendar, but she's no longer with us. The rest have no idea when you last called. Chancers are you will very really be exactly on time and if someone questions it just tell them the date you were last there.
I wouldn't mention a change of window cleaning cycle. You might find a smart Alec but then you will probably loose a couple anyway.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Lee GLS

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 10:07:42 pm »
Lee,

I would just do it. Once you draw their attention to a change, you will make a rod for your own back. For those who notice there attention will be focused on the change of cleaning method rather than the cycle.
I only ever had one lady who wrote the cleans down on her calendar, but she's no longer with us. The rest have no idea when you last called. Chancers are you will very really be exactly on time and if someone questions it just tell them the date you were last there.
I wouldn't mention a change of window cleaning cycle. You might find a smart Alec but then you will probably loose a couple anyway.

Spruce

Good advice, thanks spruce,  :)

cozy

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 10:13:55 pm »
Lee,

Spruce

I'd go with that Lee. I did the same. Worked out in the end. I've gone from 6 to 5 weekly and in the end it was a great move. I didn't advertise it, just did it.

spudd

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 10:31:19 pm »
converted about 20 houses over from trad to wfp AND went from 5 weekly to 4 lee and didnt have a single prob... bet half of them dont even no what rota there on...

Worst comes to worst tell the your meet them half way at 4 and half weeks and fit it in towards the end of the week??? ???

cozy

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 10:48:43 pm »
will you be dropping the prices,as they wont  be as dirty

Stan, I have to climb a ladder like you. If I go up for a window that's got 4 weeks dirt or 5  weeks dirt, it don't matter, I still have to go up and clean it. That costs the same mate.

Same as when custies have mozzi nets on one side of a double set window. I still have to go up and clean the other, so it's the same work mate. If they don't like it, they can get another windy, I'll get another custy. No harm done, everyones happy.

Dave66

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 11:20:42 pm »
buy it, its always good to have "too much" work in these climates
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!