Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard 01903

Trigger
« on: August 16, 2011, 09:09:35 pm »
Hi where can I buy a new trigger for my pole ? anyone please ???
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

Nameless Drudge

Re: Trigger
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:14:03 pm »
Do you mean one of these?

EandM

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:22:56 pm »
Cedric sells a couple at Cleaning Spot. I bought the dear one for my 30 foot pole but the cheap one (17-25 foot) is much better.

http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000002.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ecleaningspot%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2fMicroboe_fittings%2ehtml&WD=trigger&PN=Pole_accessories%2ehtml%23a532TV#a532TV

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 09:41:28 pm »
Are they not the same trigger with a different clamp?

Richard 01903

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 09:44:24 pm »
Sean that way to big sorry and thanks for trying :(

EandM

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 09:47:34 pm »
Are they not the same trigger with a different clamp?

No. The dearer one has a dual body section that means you have to physically hold the thing up.
The cheaper one folds flat against the pole which is much better to use.

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 10:49:00 pm »
richard why dont you buy an aquadapter, they are brilliant,  it will save you time in the end, this is  modern water flow switch, i have not been on this forum for near 6 months, and no one has said to you to go for the easiest option, those other triggers are caveman stuff in the wfp world, 

Richard 01903

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 08:37:09 am »
Wot I dont gat with one of those is how do  you take one hand off your pole to pull hose when pole fully exstended??
With a trigger I dont have to let go!!

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 10:04:02 am »
Hi Richard,

Wot I dont gat with one of those is how do  you take one hand off your pole to pull hose when pole fully exstended??
With a trigger I dont have to let go!!

When the brush is on the glass, it isn't an issue.  The operation is very quick and easy.

You could also put a foot on the hose and move the pole up to switch on and off - this is why we recommend holding the hose at or against the base of the pole when walking between windows so that the water isn't accidentally switched on if the hose snags.

Paul

Pro-Poler

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 09:43:48 am »
You could do what I did and get a tap, they are £10 and you can fix it to the pole

EandM

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 10:31:03 am »
I went down the tap route as I refused to by a trigger. Set it up for a tenner but found that I just couldn't be bothered to keep turning it on and off. If you extend the pole for the top windows I found it was then difficult to balance it to turn the tap on and found it easier to turn the water on first then extend the pole. All this time my two mates were telling me to stop messing about and just buy a trigger. Eventually, to shut them up, I bought a trigger and finally got the point. The tap is a fine idea but the point of the trigger is - The water stops instantly when you let go of it. Very simple idea that I'd just overlooked. If you extend the pole and then hold it as you would, the trigger is in exactly the right place. Found as well that if on monthly cleans and if the glass isn't too grubby that on large panes you only need the water on for the top half. If you scrub the lower half with the run down water and then rinse, not only is the glass perfectly clean but you can cut your water consumption in half. I've found this is only possible by being able to stop the water flow dead by simply releasing the trigger. Personally that is why I feel it's a more useable device than an aquadapter but I stress this is only MY opinion and I'm sure others have experienced other issues that I haven't.

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 01:10:34 pm »
Hi EandM,

Yes, I think of a trigger as the next best thing to an Aqua-dapter, some people may prefer a trigger.  The main points where we feel the Aqua-dapter has the advantage are:

• no loop of hose
  • you can hold the pole anywhere you want while working, no continual pressure on trigger
  • water can be controlled at the top or bottom of the pole (just turn the wheel when working on ground floor windows)

http://blog.aqua-dapter.co.uk/tag/trigger/

Paul

Scrimble

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 02:35:04 pm »
buy an aqua dapter far better than any tap/trigger