This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

domestic bliss

Services to flats
« on: October 23, 2005, 03:09:29 pm »
I have been asked to estimate the cost of cleaning communal corridors and areas in a recently built block of 10 flats.
As i have only cleaned peoples houses, I am not sure of what to charge as obviously i will be up against competitors.
I feel like the small fish in the big pond, However i would like to try and get this contract as it may(fingers crossed) open new doors for me.  I know i will need to see thease flats but i would like a rough idea of a price to aim for
Many thanks in advance

lisa123

Re: Services to flats
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 05:29:36 pm »
Hi
This is something i want to go into, communal area cleaning.
I think i would visit first to see what needs doing.
Have they said about the people who clean there now? or are they new flats.
How often do they want them doing? sounds like a 1 person job.
I would probably charge £10-15 p/h depending on location, staffing, duties, duration.
What are you thinking of offering?

domestic bliss

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 06:26:16 pm »
 The Price i was thinking off was about the same as you lisa.
I think the company did a mail shot on all local companys in my area.  I am going to find out all the details tomorrow as they have asked all interested companys to ring them for an informal discussion.  The flats are on a new housing estate that has just been built and is still being built on.

lisa123

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 07:19:49 pm »
sounds like a good opportunity. There are a lot of new housing and flats going up around me aswell. I think i'll try and find out who deals with the property maintenance and see if i can talk my way into a job.  :)
Good luck, let us know how it goes

REGINA

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 11:01:05 pm »
Hello there ladies. I am new to this and have started up my business in cleaning. Are there any forums besides this one that may focus on domestic and/or+ commercial cleaning? I tend to find that this site has a main audience of carpet cleaners or is there an area for house cleaning I am missing?

Thanks! GINA
Ciao! GINA

Jan K

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 12:14:29 pm »
I recently quoted £50.00 per week for 2 x 2 hour visits to clean communal areas in a block of flats.........I didn't get a reply either way!

Needless to say I wasn't overly disappointed......some people want something for nothing!

Jan
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

lisa123

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 05:14:35 pm »
Thats the trouble isn't it Jan. People want you to do a crackin job, with the best staff and supplies/equipment, but want to pay you £10 per week for 50 hours (slight exaggeration, but you see my point). total p*** take.

Don't people understand that pay crap. then the job will be done crap. How can we educated these people??

dustdees

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 05:19:47 pm »
Lisa,.

I second that!!

Well said!!

Love

Denise

lisa123

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 05:45:26 pm »
Hi Denise
 ;D
It's just one of these things that really annoys me. Just like when a customer says "yes we agree to all on the checklist and know that these are what you will be doing when you visit"
and then when you are there they say "could you just do this....and this..and this. You have plenty of time don't you love." ahhhhhhhhh
just makes me want to scream >:( ;D

Don't these people realise that we are juggling about 20 different jobs a day, with our own houses, children, husbands, the business, other work committments, staff etc etc etc and then you have to find time for yourself.
I'm wound up today can you tell  ;D ;D

domestic bliss

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 05:55:10 pm »
Welcome Regina
Lots of us do domestic/commercial cleaning including all of us on this paticular thread.
If theirs anything you want to know give us a shout someone will come along and be able to help

domestic bliss

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 05:58:45 pm »
Update!!!
I have phoned up the company today and i am to meet her on site on wednesday along with the other cleaning companys who want to quote.  I am bricking it!  Confidence is something i don't have.  if it was just me and the client i would be fine but going round with everyone else.  EEEEKKKK!!!

martin19842

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 06:02:58 pm »
hi there,

on core units or communal areas, we look at the site, and then look at the total amount oif time that this will take to do ie travel etc,

therefore if we had a crew of two going to do a communal area clean that would take a day we would  be looking at the £200 level,  we've actually got one contract which take two people one day, about 16 flights of stairs, all hard floor.,

and we invoice £340 per visit. client is happy and have another 4 sites to go and survey.

regards

martin

martin19842

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 06:09:26 pm »
hi there

dont worry about the other cleaning companies.

the biggest concern with a public viewing, is that the client is obviously looking for the best price.

do you know how many other cleaning companies are going as well as you.??

watch what the other cleaning companies are looking at, if you dont know what questions to ask, then listen to the questions that they ask. and write the answers down.

questions

frequency of clean?

are bin areas included?
if so what do you want doing to those? ie disinfect monthly?

excess rubbish in bin areas? cleared or left? priced on a removsal basis?

does the client want  you change the light bulbs in the core areas?

what are the access times for the cleaning to be done?

there you go, just a few ideas for questions.

regards

martin

brookie12

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2005, 06:38:34 pm »
hi all i work for one off the largest management companys in the country and the way i have found to price is to ask what their budget is and tell them if you can do it for that price or not some times you have to take the ruff with the smooth and you will loose money but it works for me as thay keep giving me sites all over the place amd i have made up the lost money
so what i am trying to say is dont turn down the gob cos its £80-120 quid under what you want as if you go the extra mile for them then the rewards are fantastic trust me..... :D

domestic bliss

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 09:31:59 pm »
Thanks Martin Your suggested questions to ask are a great help.

Thanks everyone who replied