Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Evans

Airflex storm
« on: August 11, 2011, 03:44:33 pm »
Well,well,well
Seems like matt has come up with a new breed of machine. Anyone purchased, any thoughts on this ?

http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Airflex_Storm.html

Paul

ps I am in no way affiliated to cleansmart

M.Acorn

Re: Airflex storm
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 04:00:04 pm »
Like the look of that !!
What goes around comes around

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 04:07:20 pm »
For the cost of just one top-of-the-range fuel powered truck mount, you could purchase up to 6 Airflex Storm machines. Ask yourself; which has the potential to earn you more?

Simon's not going to be happy with that ;D

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 04:44:51 pm »
I know someone else that isn't going to be happy - it's a very similar spec to another recently launched porty.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 05:29:25 pm »
Hi guys

Yes the vacuum motors appear to be the latest lamb Ametek ones but this is only what you would expect.

If a manufacturer says they have developed a better motor and you trust that company, then you will use their new motors.

It will be interesting to see if the performance of the latest generation is any better.

Cheers

doug

Colin Day

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 05:30:59 pm »
"Imitation is the highest form of flattery!" ;)

Chris Hawkes

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 05:34:12 pm »
Yup, Matt seems to have done a decent job with his new machine and indeed, very similar in spec to Nick's Jag.

Guess we will have to see how it performs against both the Jag and its older counterpart.

Chris

Colin Day

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 05:38:41 pm »
I'll be getting my Jag with the next batch that arrive, I've heard nothing but praise for the machine by people who have bought one.... I can hardly wait.... :)

carpet_care

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 06:59:15 pm »
I knew of this machine at the start of june when i went to see the airflex turbo in action while we where staying up the road at center parcs.

I was getting the turbo as back up to my prowler but decided to hang fire when matt told me this was only a couple of months from production.

Got to say if it is the same spec as the jag which i believe it to be it also has the added benefit of looking far more impressive to the customer.

Andy Locke.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 07:05:41 pm »

Got to say if it is the same spec as the jag which i believe it to be it also has the added benefit of looking far more impressive to the customer.

Andy Locke.

I agree, I want one!!  ;D

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 07:36:43 pm »
Who cares what it looks like if it is basically built to hardly ever feel tarmac on it's wheels.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 07:43:03 pm »
Neil, the Storm is alot lighter than its older brother the Turbo. One less vaccum motor (and maybe other changes?) have made this possible.

I have an Airflex and its very easy to move about.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 08:05:45 pm »
I agree it looks nicer but as an educated guess is that the Scorpion will be lighter it's just a matter of who you want to buy from.

Shaun

Colin Day

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 08:43:56 pm »
I have felt the weight of the Jaguar and they are very light. I plan on leaving mine on the van and am looking to have a propane gas fuelled heat exchanger fitted too.

The Jaguar isn't an oil painting, granted, but I'm not planning on showing it in a 'Miss World' contest ;D

richy27

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 10:00:52 pm »
both good companies both nice guys to deal with  .

gees glad i am not in the market for a new porty would be getting sore head .    bit like walking into a lap dancing bar and trying to pick your female of choice prob go for the pretty one   so would get the jag i mean airflex  hiccup

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 10:27:31 pm »
The remote control sounds goods and the 'network of service engineers' is a good idea.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 10:53:14 pm »
The remote control sounds goods .

Alternatively a set of 3 remotes from B&Q cost about £15 so any portable can have this too.

jim mca

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 11:48:58 pm »
Colin
Where are you getting the heater from 

Colin Day

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 12:07:57 am »
Jim...

At the moment we're looking at getting one sent from America.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 12:31:04 am »
There are more 6.6ers on the horizon.

Some machine are requiring new waste tank designs and strengthening as they can't handle them.