This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mobile valeting & Power wash Services

Chewing gum removal black spots
« on: October 22, 2005, 07:10:35 pm »
Hi all.
I have sourced a chewing gum removal machine at a very reasonable cost, lifts the gum ok, but I am having trouble removing the black spots underneath, anyone any ideas.
The machine is from Tech clean think it's called a Gum tech it's on their site at the moment for 2 grand any help would be very grateful.
Malky :'( :'(
Power Wash,polish & shine

Paul Forster

Re: Chewing gum removal black spots
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 08:17:42 pm »
I think the black spots are from were the oils in the gum have soaked in. Is the machine putting out enough chemical. Most of the units seem to use steam to losen the gum with a chemical additive to shift the residue.

Regards Paul

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 08:42:22 pm »
I will use more chemical tomorrow and see if that shifts it, if not will try power washer on hot seems a waste of a machine if it won't shift the residue customer was still happy with the differance but I was not thanks Paul
Malky

tech-clean

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 09:34:01 pm »
 :)Hi give us a call, let's see if we can't rectify you're situation
regards
jan

preston powerblast

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 10:34:30 pm »
I dont seem to have that problem with the steam.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 11:04:03 pm »
Re-Tech clean, I will be calling re-ordering some more tech 96 later on in the week as I suspect the batch I have may have been diluted by the previous owner of the machine, In mean time I will go over work done so far with my HDS1000 if that doesn't shift it nothing will.
I have an option of a contract for a council doing a large main street over xmass so realy need to get it right
Gary what machine do you use? ???
Malky

preston powerblast

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 10:36:31 am »
Its a Karcher HDS801B.

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 01:01:26 pm »
Cheers Gary,I was just being nosey, went up the main street and gave the pavement a quick blast with the washer on hot, big improvement clearly visable to the eye, rained off now due to weather, will be contacting Tech clean shortly for more chemicals hopefully that will solve the problem will let you know, thanks for everyones imput
Malky