This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

blacksheep

re call backs
« on: October 19, 2005, 08:56:32 pm »
i have looked through the search pages even through cms posts i thought i saw something on it from him,i was sure i saw something on it somewhere, but cant find anything

BSF

Re: re call backs
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 09:23:15 pm »
Hi Blacksheep,

is this what you meant?

CMS wrote an excellent piece on getting business.

For your benefit, I'll reprint it................

OK..........this is how I do it. Firstly, don't bother wasting your money advertising. In 24 years I have never won a contract through advertising. You MUST walk the streets and 'knock on doors' but I have a strict method of doing things.

1. I go to a reception and say this (word for word) "I work for a cleaning company and we'd like to do your daily cleaning. Is there anybody I can write to initially about this?"

Now then, let's look at what has happened here. Firstly, the receptionist would have been on her guard because she has to act as a 'goalkeeper' and keep the reps away from the decision maker. Then as soon as you say you want to write she starts to relax and you don't have to say any more than you have already said (don't spoil it by trying). I would stake my life on it that within thirty seconds she is offering you a compliment slip with the decision makers name on it. Put it in your pocket and move on. Total time less than a minute.

2. At the end of a day walking the streets you should have in excess of 100 compliment slips, in fact you can get that in 3 hours. Send an introductory letter to the decision maker on each compliment slip (a good mail merge/database manager like Act! can do this). You must keep it brief; just a short introduction, say why you are writing (that you would welcome the opportunity to quote) and, most importantly, that you will call him in a couple of days to make arrangements to visit. And make sure that you do.

From 100 compliment slips you should get the opportunity to quote for 10% of them. I can convert half of these into contracts but I've been doing it a lot of years. If you work on a conversion rate of 10% of your quotes you should get 1 new contract a week (100 compliment slips = 10 quotes = 1 contract).

You must keep collecting the compliment slips, maybe 200 a week then you will have a constant 'pipeline' of intro letters/quotes/new starts. But remember, as soon as you stop collecting compliment slips the pipeline will dry up!

Also, make sure you maintain your database properly. As has been said before, keep a record of 'renewal dates' etc.

Now I'm going to tell you about something that I do that I bet no-one else on here does.

I presume that like me you will keep your quotes on disk somewhere.

REQUOTE EVERY THREE MONTHS! - automatically whether they have asked for it or not. You can knock up a short covering letter to say that you are requoting incase the clients circumstances have changed.

You MUST maintain your collection of 100 compliment slips a week which will give you 10 quotes a week. After three months you will be sending out 10 new quotes a week PLUS 10 requotes that you did three months ago. After six months you will be sending out 10 new quotes a week, 10 three month old quotes a week and 10 six month old quotes a week.

The Conversion rate is less on requotes but it does happen. Your original quote may have been declined BUT three months later it could land on a guys desk when he's had a really crap day with his cleaners.

I used to convert 50% of new quotes and 10% of requotes.

BUT KEEP THAT PIPELINE OF COMPLIMENT SLIPS GOING - IT'S A NUMBERS GAME. IF YOU DON'T GET THE QUOTES IN YOU WILL NEVER GET THE BUSINESS IN.

Good luck.

regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

blacksheep

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 09:47:27 pm »
hi paul, i saw that one,i was more looking for any other questions you guys ask on a call back,not just when is your contract up for renewal, Mr G thanks for looking though, your a luv regards blacksheep

BSF

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 10:38:09 pm »
Blacksheep,

I don’t do it personally, but as far as I know my brilliant, ace, fantastic, superb sales person(s)…..  leave/s it a few days after the quote has gone in, then telephones this person to ask if they received the quote and was it satisfactory, most replies are yes but it wasn’t the lowest, then you give it all the c##p of  the cheapest isn’t always the best and all that…  then always offer a discount on the original price, whether it be a 2.5% - 5% early payment, or a straight discount, larger companies expect to get it cheaper than the original price, we always add a margin on the quote to allow for this discount.

If your talking about just trying to get your foot in the door to quote…. You need to catch the client at the right time (bad cleaning day/current company’s contract due for renewal)
Your best tool is your sales person/s, if the point of contact is a man, send in a good looking lady, if its a lady, send in a good looking man…..

This is the basics of sales….  if you build a rapport with the point of contact your half way there to that job/contract.

When you get the job/s keep that point of contact happy, pop in, telephone, stay in touch, show you care about the work being done, the majority of the major cleaning companies get the work signed up for a year, then forget about them, don’t get me wrong they do have the fantastic sales people that win clients, but its up to smaller cleaning companies like you and me to take the contracts from them.

Go for the large contracts where the staff are already there (tupe), most of the time they just need regular visits to keep them on their toes, if you have someone that can pop in unexpectedly to check on the work, they will do it to a good standard.

Sorry to waffle on

Best regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

blacksheep

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 07:06:18 am »
thanks for that paul.I have aimed for some with tupe like my bank,& others in the area  after all its in their intrest to see me do well,and some large factorys ,now when i say large i only mean about four -five cleaners.i did target local shops but they seem to be d.i.y people. i have decided to flood my area this week and in the paper also advertize for cleaners, that way i can compile a load of cleaners ready for the start.