This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

blacksheep

call backs
« on: October 19, 2005, 08:52:46 pm »
hi well my quote went vey badly i think a bit p****d off with myself but i am not going to let it get the better of me,so i need to do quite a few call backs i dont know where/how  to start the phone call, i want to ask when their current contract is up then i can call them back that month. the letters i sent out were an introduction letters ,letting people  know i am out here ,a new company.any ideas on what to ask becides *

*why do you want to change
* when is your contract up on your current contractor

DP

Re: call backs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 12:41:32 pm »
 Not sure if I can add anything specifically.

Sympathise about the bad day thing, guess we all have them.

Also never sure if the new company bit works, I have always leant on the side of stability rather then possible instability that could be viewed with a new company.

However that’s just an opinion, never actually monitored it.

Re date of call back, always better to call back month before, have lost a couple like this maybe thats what you meant.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

garyj

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 04:21:35 pm »
Blacksheep was advised a month or two back not to advertise the fact she's a new business but went ahead and did it anyway. Knowing she was a new starter put her in a very weak position to start with and I should think given how nervous she appeared to be I would have thought it went worse then we can imagine.
The newbies can learn a hell of a lot on here, often mistakes that I made can be eliminated with just a couple of questions on here, but if you're not smart enough to follow the advice then theres nothing anyone can do.
Sorry, no sympathy from me.

dustdees

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 04:41:11 pm »
Garyj, you go boy!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Denise

blacksheep

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 05:39:08 pm »
hi garyj . i have learnt the hardway,instead of saying i am a new company starting .I should have said i am a new company in the area. " the very young dont always listen" and i was not looking for the sympathy vote .i  am not one of those , i take responsabilty for all my actions wheather right or wrong.and dustdees well !!!

CMS

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 05:58:10 pm »
Blacksheep was advised a month or two back not to advertise the fact she's a new business but went ahead and did it anyway. Knowing she was a new starter put her in a very weak position to start with and I should think given how nervous she appeared to be I would have thought it went worse then we can imagine.
The newbies can learn a hell of a lot on here, often mistakes that I made can be eliminated with just a couple of questions on here, but if you're not smart enough to follow the advice then theres nothing anyone can do.
Sorry, no sympathy from me.

I think I said that last week to a couple of folks on here.

Nice one Gary

blacksheep

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 06:26:59 pm »
calm down dears ;D

dustdees

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 06:28:00 pm »
He heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Pristine_Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 10:19:41 am »
Hi Blacksheep,

I had posted before on your startup plan.

My advice would be to print off the CMS post  and learn it in detail.  Then do it!

I have said this befoe but will repeat it. 

Make a PLAN, 
Plan the number of calls you are going to make.  (In person)
Plan the areas you want to target
Plan how you are going to record the details you collect
Plan when you are going to follow up each call (in a diary)
Plan the number of clients you want in the next 12 months.

If you set yoursel targest and work towards them, I guarantee you will be suprised by the results you can acheive.  The CMS post is perfectly correct, keep collecting compliment slips and keep following them up.

Yes your plan will take hard work and dicipline, but you wouldnt be working for yourself if you didnt think you had either or both.  The old saying applies "you only get out what you put in" this is a FACT!

Start to Plan it and it will begin to happen for you!

Regards and Good Luck,

John
John Byrne
Pristine Cleaning