This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pope vader

2 monthly windows spotty
« on: July 15, 2011, 08:52:25 pm »
do a house on a 2 monthly clean,  use to be on a monthly clean, went 2 monthly about 6 months ago, the problem is the windows keep coming up spotty, and i mean every windows,  i am rinsing with lots of water at 000, i am only getting this problem since moving over to 2 monthly,  the women wants me to squeege off the water as she thinks this might be the reason that that window is coming up spotty,  is this possible, what i mean is when the window is drying could it be absorbing dirt out of the air and making the window spotty,  or does she need it monthly

Jeff Brimble

Re: 2 monthly windows spotty
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 09:09:23 pm »
Give the woman what she wants and charge a couple o quid extra. its easier to keep a custy happy than fond another.
She and you have now found the spotty windows  that most deny:P

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:54:22 pm »
do a house on a 2 monthly clean,  use to be on a monthly clean, went 2 monthly about 6 months ago, the problem is the windows keep coming up spotty, and i mean every windows,  i am rinsing with lots of water at 000, i am only getting this problem since moving over to 2 monthly,  the women wants me to squeege off the water as she thinks this might be the reason that that window is coming up spotty,  is this possible, what i mean is when the window is drying could it be absorbing dirt out of the air and making the window spotty,  or does she need it monthly

What kind of frames?

What kind of environment?
It's a game of three halves!

mci services

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 10:01:58 pm »
If it didn't happen with the monthly clean, you can rule out environment, type of frames and anything else mentioned.

you say you rinse more but on an 8 weekly i would suggest spending more time brushing the glass and then just the usual rinse, the reason being is to disturb the build up of dirt more, you can rinse all day and the dirt won't go unless it is loose enough

Pope vader

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 07:23:46 am »
the frames are brown upvc, and it is on a dusty road,  after asking if the monthly came up fine, she said my daughter use to say they where spotty,

windiewasher

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 08:28:28 am »
More scrubbing and rinse with a faster flow rate.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

G Griffin

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 10:17:29 am »
Go 8 weekly; you`re leaving them too long between cleans.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

andyM

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 12:12:57 pm »
Im guessing these windows are probably hydrophobic aswell which won't help being near a dusty road.
Might be worth squeegeing off what you can otherwise do them Trad.
Or do them only when its raining  ;D

One of the Plebs