This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

battery life?
« on: July 15, 2011, 02:29:27 pm »
How long do yours last?
I had two 85ah leisure batteries and they were shot in nine months, I had a 110ah car battery and that lasted a year. I currently have a 110ah leisure battery that is just over a year old so I'm wondering if it's time to change soon?
I charge every night with a smart charger.

dave.e

Re: battery life?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 03:18:24 pm »
Why don.t you run of the van battery then you would not have to charge a battery ever again. i have been running of mine for the last 2 months now and its the best move i have ever made and most of my work is less than 10 miles from my home so it dose work and never out of power

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 03:29:16 pm »
My van has two batteries anyway (Hiace) so it could be possible I suppose. Just rather worried in case I drain the system too much and can't start the van in cold weather.

dave.e

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:46:32 pm »
My van has two batteries anyway (Hiace) so it could be possible I suppose. Just rather worried in case I drain the system too much and can't start the van in cold weather.

mate your van battery would have to be knackered for it not to start the van. i was the same as you no matter how many times my mate told me to try it until one day i got piXXed of and since then i have not looked back the best thing to do is just try it  and trust me once you have just think of never charging another battery again

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 03:53:13 pm »
Do you run yours from the cigarette lighter with a fuse of some kind?

dave.e

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 04:08:09 pm »
Do you run yours from the cigarette lighter with a fuse of some kind?

mine is run with a 27.5 amp cable straight off the battery with a in-line fuse at 10amp

i have been on a job for 2/1/2 hours and start the van no problem went down the road about 1 mile and the battery is charged back up ace

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 05:10:45 pm »
mines the leisure battery i got with the pure freedom trolley.had it 14 months and ive never had any problems with it.mind you i only run it on one pump.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

ronnie paton

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 07:54:18 pm »
used to run mine fom van battery boy was that a mistake......great at first untill it killed at 60 miles from home

Sean Dyer

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 08:41:19 pm »
Ronnie , of subject

When you lost your details for debt etc,  how did you manage as i have had same thing on a small scale

Did yo just ask the custies if they owed 2ce etc?

My wc pro died and wont work so going back to george but have no info in it yet

Sean