This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gaza

HOW MUCH CAN YOU CHARGE
« on: October 14, 2005, 10:01:35 pm »
HOW MUCH CAN YOU CHARGE PER HR?for domestic cleaning,what % do you pay your staff?

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

BSF

Re: HOW MUCH CAN YOU CHARGE
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 11:39:33 pm »
£12.50 - £16.00 per hour inc vat, good reliable domestic cleaners are hard to find, pay £5.50 - £6.50 per hour, I know some posters on this forum have said charge per visit, but none of my clients would go for it, they want to know how many hours they will get for the price, we wont work for less than three hrs per visit.

I could earn a fortune from this side of my business, but! staffing is hard....

regards

paul

Regards

BSF

domestic bliss

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 10:46:12 am »
I charge £30-£40 per visit and i work on my own.
That way i don't get watched like a hawk by the client and they are happy in the knowledge that the job they requested has been well done no matter how long or little time it took.
However i had to quote for a job yesterday and the women couldn't grasp why i didn't charge per hour but her previous cleaner was an illegal immigrant who worked  for £5 an hour
Bet she didn't have tax to pay or insurance to buy.

gaza

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 09:59:59 pm »
Thanks for your replies but were are you in the country no need for towns just to see if there is a divide in prices Im in the Midlands

gaza [looking ahead a few yrs]
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

domestic bliss

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 08:45:22 pm »
I am in oxfordshire

dustdees

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 07:47:18 am »
Domestic Bliss,

Whereabouts are you in Oxfordshire, you may border me, which I could refer enquires that we don't cover?

Cheers

Denisexxx

domestic bliss

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 06:26:01 pm »
dustdees i am in Witney.  Perhaps i could do the same.  We could help each other out

dustdees

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 06:57:30 pm »
Yeap, not a problem!!

Can you give me your telephone number, and details of the areas you services then I can reply with my details.

My e-mail address is dustdees@yahoo.co.uk

Look forward to your reply

Love

Denise

BSF

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 09:44:27 pm »
I charge £30-£40 per visit and i work on my own.
That way i don't get watched like a hawk by the client and they are happy in the knowledge that the job they requested has been well done no matter how long or little time it took.
However i had to quote for a job yesterday and the women couldn't grasp why i didn't charge per hour but her previous cleaner was an illegal immigrant who worked  for £5 an hour
Bet she didn't have tax to pay or insurance to buy.

Hi

If you were to quote me per visit, I would want to know how long I was going to get for my £30-£40, if you couldn’t tell me then I wouldn’t use you.

How do you know what sort of state the job is going to be in when you arrive? How can you plan your day, if you know a job is going to take 3hrs and your being paid for those 3hrs, you can plan turnover, staff wages etc.

The way you do it you can’t.

Sorry I’m not convinced.  If it works for you then good luck to you, but you will find when you employ staff to do this work for you…..   you will wish you charged per hour and you will regret it.

Regards

Paul

Regards

BSF

domestic bliss

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 10:08:17 pm »
Pfwest i guess you don't agree then.
When i price up a job i have a rough idea of how long it will take me and i also provide a list of exactly what is done for the £30.
As you obviously charge per hour what is your hourly rate??
I haven't taken on staff as yet so i guess this is an issue i will have to look into,  if and when i decide to take on staff.  Thanks for your opinion i need all the help i can get.

domestic bliss

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 10:09:40 pm »
OOps i should read thread more closely as you have already said how much you charge ???

Sarah S & P Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 11:03:22 am »
I personally feel as an experienced cleaner that pay per hour is a joke, i have worked alongside many a cleaner who is not half as efficient or organised as i am and they recieve the same hourly rate. I now own my own Office contract cleaning business and find that domestic households normally want as much as possible for as little as possible and £40 is a fair charge for a full basic house clean no matter how long it takes. As i said ive moved on from house cleaning and if a client wishes to pay less than £35-£40 then let them do it themselves or hire an immigrant.
Cleaning gets me hot !!!

BSF

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 01:49:47 pm »
Hi,

If you can get away with charging by the hour, why not?

All customers want value for money, do you not pay your office cleaners by the hour?

regards

Paul

Regards

BSF