Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Barry Livingstone

Royal Mail!!!
« on: June 26, 2011, 01:47:08 pm »
Why wont the tell me how many houses in a street, they say they only go by postcode area's!

I only want half of one area, they say the two area's have 41K houses....

where can i find the info am looking for??
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Jim_77

Re: Royal Mail!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 01:19:55 am »
If this is for walk-sort delivery of leaflets, run for the feckin hills mate.  DO NOT pay these nimrods one single penny to deliver leaflets for you, it has a very very very small chance of working.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 09:47:00 am »
I dont want royal mail to do the delivery, I just need the number of houses!
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:57:38 pm »
Just call up Google Maps and count them  :P

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 02:42:42 pm »
Why didn't you say what you wanted in the first place!!

Go on this maps website...

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Maps

if you zoom right in to street level it tells you the house number of the house on every corner or end of road.  Not 100% accurate but gives a very good idea how many houses in the street in total!

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 07:52:04 pm »
@ Jim TOP MAN cheers @ Jammie you got far too much time on your hands... Oh and i need seals for my wand...the three at the bottom....
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 10:52:45 pm »
Will these ones do?

:D

Sarah Kirby

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 11:16:33 pm »
 ;D  ;D

benny d

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 07:54:34 am »
@ Jim,
Why are Royal mail no good for leaflet deliveries, as I am thinking of using them for delivering for me?
Thanks
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

davep

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 08:52:26 am »
I was a postman for 13 years and trust me a lot of them get dumped. They also took a one off bonus and now have 5 different lots a week to deliver for peanuts.

clinton

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 08:56:01 am »
Caint get better info than what dave has posted and he told me a long time ago the same thing too..

Jim_77

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 07:21:16 pm »
Even IF they get delivered, you have to view it as you react yourself when you go to the front door and look down at that pile of stuff the ppostman has just shoved through the letterbox.  It contains:

A) Your "proper" mail, stuff actually addressed to you from companies you deal with, or personal corrpondance etc etc.

B) All the other "cr@p"

Most of us pick up everything that comes through the door and sort it into 'A' pile and 'B' pile.  Guess how much notice the customer is taking of your leaflet, in the 'B' pile along with the 6 other pieces of advertising?  None, because it all gets shoved in the recycling box and they open their 'A' pile letters instead!

Now, consider you come home, the door mat is clear and there is ONE leaflet left trapped in the flap of your letterbox.  You're at least going to have a quick glance over it as you walk to the bin, aren't you? ;) ;)

I shelled out on a pre-Xmas Royal Mail door drop.  I knew it wouldn't work and it didn't.  I took one booking for January, which she then cancelled a few days later.  But I can now say with confidence do not waste your money on it.  I didn't lose a fortune, but it would have been a nice weekend away.