Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

How many on the forum are NCCA members

I am a member
Never Been a member
Used to be a member

clinton

Re: How many NCCA members poll
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 05:59:33 pm »
Thats a name from the past raymondo..alan Gilligan as he used to sell machines too if am right ..

garybristow

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 06:13:26 pm »
Thet get paid for doing training ,but they would earm more if they went to work as they normally do
they give up their time because they are passionate about the business
Gary Bristowclean

Joe H

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 06:16:06 pm »
Ian £30

Neil £30

Derek £29  ;D

Maybe food for thought for the NCCA

Colin Day

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 06:52:19 pm »
As C/C's, (individuals) we all push and pull in different directions. Until a compulsory governing body is born, these arguments, along with the NCCA, are pretty pointless.....

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 10:06:39 pm »
Associate Member

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2011, 09:27:51 am »
Ian £30

Neil £30

Derek £29  ;D

Maybe food for thought for the NCCA

Joe  I think I am correct in saying if you have a current IIRC or what ever it is called in Carpet Cleaning , or Upholstery   and you take exam in one you have not got it is Free

Joe H

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 10:16:25 am »

Joe  I think I am correct in saying if you have a current IIRC or what ever it is called in Carpet Cleaning , or Upholstery   and you take exam in one you have not got it is Free

Ian - info on the ncca website

http://ncca.co.uk/joining_the_ncca.php

derek west

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 11:59:10 am »
quote from the site

If you have completed both Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning training through the IICRC you can then bypass the NCCA Course and Exam and join directly.

and yet the other way round doesn't apply. madness on the directors part sheer madness.

IICRC "you can clean my carpets for free but if i clean yours i'll have to charge".
NCCA, "errrr okay sounds like a good deal" ;D ;D ;D

really don't understand the logic in that setup.

Joe H

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 01:36:34 pm »
I understand the quote from NCCA, Derek

but can you explain your bit please, dont understand

Raymondo

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 02:33:29 pm »
The Course with the NCCA is over 2 days to cover carpets and upholstery.

But the course for the IICRC is over 4 days and you learn so much more overall the course is a lot tougher.

I have done the NCCA course 2 times now and the IICRC course only ones.

As the course and exam is harder with the IICRC then the NCCA except that as a means to become a member.

Ray

derek west

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2011, 04:09:41 pm »
I understand the quote from NCCA, Derek

but can you explain your bit please, dont understand

basically jo it means you scratch my back but i won't scratch yours so whoever negotiated that deal wants sacking, unless its paul then he's forgiven ;D

Paul Evans

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2011, 08:40:06 am »
Anyway decided to join and pay my couple of hundred quid.
I did enjoy the course and learnt things from it.

After reading the replys on here who call the NCCA. Only to use it in there marketing websites.
 NCCA trained etc without using the logo
IF there is no value to the NCCA why advertise NCCA trained.

I would sooner pay me money and be a member for what it costs, rather than slag em off then use NCCA trained in my marketing  ???

Paul

Joe H

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2011, 10:19:37 am »
Good choice Paul.
Now use the fact you are a current member of the NCCA to YOUR advantage.
"Sell" it to your customers in advertising, on your website, in your talking to them.
Use it as a unique selling point, like Simon uses the fact he has an all singing and dancing truckmount, or like someone wold if they only use environmentally friendly fluids, or the latest portable machine that out performs others etc. etc.
It does work.

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2011, 07:48:52 pm »
Anyway decided to join and pay my couple of hundred quid.
I did enjoy the course and learnt things from it.

After reading the replys on here who call the NCCA. Only to use it in there marketing websites.
 NCCA trained etc without using the logo
IF there is no value to the NCCA why advertise NCCA trained.

I would sooner pay me money and be a member for what it costs, rather than slag em off then use NCCA trained in my marketing  ???

Paul

This is my point exactly, but unfortunately some people will do anything to save a few quid, why try and start a new association when their is a well established one (the NCCA) already in place  ???

derek west

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2011, 07:58:55 pm »
your just after an agruement paul, and i can't understand why, thought we were okay with each other.

gonna leave ya too it mate.

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2011, 08:23:15 pm »
your just after an agruement paul, and i can't understand why, thought we were okay with each other.

gonna leave ya too it mate.

Not after any argument Derek, Paul Evans posted this morning, as you must have read?

I have just seen it now and agree with him 100%, thats all, my thoughts are.... to make any association successful and work, everyone should be able to join it, so the ncca are doing nothing wrong, I think the ncca is and can be good for all genuine carpet cleaners, for the small price to be a member it is worth it.   

derek west

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2011, 08:45:49 pm »
i did read pauls post but i decided ive given all my reasonings for why i aint joined and why i advertise as trained by, but theres only so many times you can put your own reasoning before you realise its falling on deaf ears.

as for slaggin the ncca off, not sure i have, all though its how you read it i suppose, i'd prefer to call it constructive critisism. but thats perception for ya.

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2011, 09:29:58 pm »
Like I said Derek, not after any argument with your good self or anyone else. Paul Evans did make a very good point, "if the ncca has no value" why would you or anyone advertise you are trained by them and include a link to the website?

All I am saying is:

Some customers could think you are a member when they visit the site from your link, even though I do understand that it actually means nothing and they wont get a better clean, but, big but, you are not doing the ncca and the 600 ish paying members any favours at all.

BTW imo the ncca are not doing anything wrong in allowing novices to the industry in joining because as I have said before, passing an exam and having the best and most powerful equipment doesnt always mean you would do the best job possible.

Billy Russell

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2011, 10:33:24 am »
Could you say it again Derek, i didn't hear you!!!!  ;D