Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

How many on the forum are NCCA members

I am a member
Never Been a member
Used to be a member

derek west

Re: How many NCCA members poll
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 06:28:56 pm »
Hi

Ask 10 people not associated with carpet cleaning what the NCCA stands for?

Then ask 10 what Corgi stands for, even thought they no longer exist.

I bet more have heard of corgi.

Dave

PS I am an Ncca member.

think it would be stalemate if everyone you asked were members of the royal family. ;D

David_Annable

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 06:33:00 pm »
Hi

Woof Woof

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Paul Evans

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 06:51:37 pm »
Hi

Woof Woof

Dave

David i am not far from you.

I have given recomedations to contact you to clients
with probs i cant sort, I have at the times said your the top man in the area, But come at a expensise.
Hope for the return one day. I dont operate in your market im cheepish

Paul

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 06:51:49 pm »
Re Trained By

As far as I recall the NCCA course is not cheap

Do you only get certificate if you join

If you cannot use trained by the certificate is worthless.

I suggest the NCCA call their Training Schools by a different name.

Such as UK Academy of carpet and upholstery cleaning

If not people are not getting a good deal

jim mca

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 07:07:12 pm »
If the ncca want to improve and grow IMO they should allow carpet cleaners
who have done other training to join having done 3 days with derek bolton
at cleansmart I dont see why I am not allowed to take the exam and join.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 07:19:23 pm »
If you want the general public to ask for NCCA approved or member to clean their carpet I would be very surprised but if you were to say that you are a carpet cleaner and also a member of a professional body called the NCCA it would add to your sales pitch.

Shaun

PS As Frank Carson used to say, "it's how you tell em"

richy27

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 07:27:20 pm »
i did the ncca course and although theory based was very good . i became a member but decided not to continue being a member as i did not see any benefit to my business.

if the ncca are so concerned with the term  " trained by " why dont they make the course inclusive of the first years membership of say £500 quid. and then you pay monthly during the first year for the next . therefore a member would have to give a years notice to leave.

i personally think all that i have met involved in the ncca a top people paul powlo etc i just never could see any benefit to my business.

the only person who has ever asked me am i a member of the ncca is yell trying to get me in there advert. joe public has never heard of them because they dont give a monkeys and however many members there are it simply wont change

Joe H

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 09:12:33 pm »
For those that can not see what benefit their business will get by joining the NCCA...........

can I ask.....   what benefits would you like to see for the £220 (or so) annual membership fee?

wynne jones

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 09:37:32 pm »
I'm not a member but perfectly understand why for some people it's a good idea.

However if I had £200 spare and I wanted to turn it into £2000 in a short time I would get myself up to north wales and spend a day with Paul Moss, Dave l, and Dave Igram. They will even save you a couple of hundred in a week or two. The NCCA won't do that I'm pretty confident.  ;)
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

jim mca

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 10:22:50 pm »
Joe for £220 I would join no problem but it is not £220 to join
as they are taking the pxxs by not recognising other basic training
providers yet allowing them to be associate members no doubt for
a payment

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 10:40:34 pm »
The training is expensive and that's where they get a lot of money I believe that they need this money to continue, I think that something needs to be done to move things on.

It would be interesting to see some stats based on % new starters joining, % members of 10 years or more, % of cleaners who have been cleaning and then decided to join.

I believe the latter of the 3 will be the lowest by far, once you are a member you tend to stay in but the money gained is from new starts being trained £330 per delegate.

We've had these debates before I guess the best thing would be to ask the NCCA where their direction is?

Shaun

Jim_77

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 01:12:23 am »
What we need is for Derek to re-kindle TACCA and take over the world!!!!

I honestly couldn't give a rat's ar$e about being a member of a body that it isn't compulsory to be a member of in order to carry out my trade.

Being a SM franchisee I'm an affiliate member anyway, so I suppose some of my franchise fees goes towards that... don't know how it works to be honest and couldn't care less!!

I think that "publicly available standard" thing a couple of years ago was a step in the right direction, and who knows it might pave the way for a compulsory body like Gas Safe for plumbers.  I'd happily pay for membership if the general public perceived that you were a cowboy if not a member.

So for the time being the status quo remains the same.  And apathy reigns supreme in our trade, as always :)

David_Annable

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 09:46:46 am »
Paul

Thanks for reffering me, i have seen you advert in the local paper, the guy who was in hyde with the Blazer used to advertise in there, think hes packed it in now.

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 11:46:59 am »
If the ncca want to improve and grow IMO they should allow carpet cleaners
who have done other training to join having done 3 days with derek bolton
at cleansmart I dont see why I am not allowed to take the exam and join.

2 years ago I contacted NCCA with a view to joining.
I was more than happy to take the exam but didn't want to do the course before hand. (I've seen some of the muppets who have done this course and I like to think I'm way above what they have got). The answer was that you HAVE to do the course first. WHY exactly???
Does the course carry some marks towards the end exam like a GCSE split 60/40% To the best of my knowledge it doesn't.

Let people with experience just do the exam and they may well find that membership numbers increase.

Joe H

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 01:11:55 pm »
Neil

If you were allowed just to take the exam...... how much would you pay - just for the exam (joining fee extra)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 01:12:47 pm »
I am wondering how many people trained by Prochem , Ashbys, Solutions Restomate Amtex Cleansmart Extracta and Alltec would jin if they were allowed  Obviosly an exam would be required plus proof of attending two days training .

Would this exceed revenue from NCCA training

Would training revenue dropped

Joe £30

Can you still pay monthly

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 02:20:54 pm »
Neil
If you were allowed just to take the exam...... how much would you pay - just for the exam (joining fee extra)

£30

derek west

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 02:39:17 pm »
£29

Raymondo

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 03:02:43 pm »
The first course I did was in Manchester with Alan Gilligan who has sinced passed away.

Then did a 2 day prochem course when we bought a new machine in 2001.

We were then able to join the NCCA on the back of doing the Prochem course after passing a written exam from the NCCA.

This exam was a lot tougher than doing the multiple choice of the NCCA exam now.

The NCCA now will only except the IICRC course as a way to becomong a member of the NCCA.

Then I decided that we would do the NCCA course anyway and also took the exam which we did not need to as was already a member.

Then did the spot and  stain course which I want to redo in the near future.

Also did the IICRC course at Hydramaster and took that exam which was the hardest course I have done.

Last year I redid did the NCCA course again with my daughter who has joined us in the business sh did the exam and passed.

The NCCA have a 1 to 1 rule where everyone in the business has to be trained that is why our daughter did the course.

So over the years I have done a number of the course and spent a lot of money most of the courses I did not need to do.

But I feel I have benefitted from them listening to an instructor who is passionate about our industry whether it be Paul Pearce or Steve Poulous and on every course I have been I have benefitted from and learned something new.

Ray

creighton foyle

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 04:28:41 pm »
ncca course is almost identical to the cleansmart course so why can't you do the ncca exam without the course ? maybe it is because no one would do the ncca course if that was the case i certainly would'nt have as i got a free course when i bought my airflex and if i was paying the cleansmart one is cheaper.

another reason may be that pav and paul as directors do not get paid but i think i am correct in saying they do get paid for instructing on the courses (as they should) but why would they allow you to get trained elsewhere if it was going to impact on the ncca revenue and their wages ?.