Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CLEANCARE WC

Re: HELP, dont know what to do!
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2011, 10:14:19 pm »
GB I’m new to this game and use Trad so have no experience regarding WFP but looking at this from from a different standpoint I have to say if I read on here you have given up ill find you and beat the p*** out of you pal!

Let me explain you’re clearly a decent bloke as you getting annoyed which shows you care not only about the job your doing but other people’s property Id be exactly the same as I’m the worrying sort.

I got in to this game for two reason one of which was I got fed up with idiots taking liberties not cleaning my parents house properly, one time I caught this clown pi**ing down the side of my Mum's house! Don’t worry he can’t do that anymore : ) Anyhow If a needed a window cleaner id ask you because I know you’d do a proper job and that’s key to keeping customers rather than just saying if they don’t complain don’t worry! Having said that I’m not knocking anyone on here for that, it’s good advice as its clearly upsetting you, so trying to switch off is a very good idea. But if you’re like me and you can’t switch off just wait until you collect and ask your custeys are they happy with the work your doing? Rest assured they will tell you, and if they say no say ill do them again free of charge that way you don’t lose anyone and they realise you have a good work ethic. Honestly mate if I was the head of a big company and read your post Id hire you. Keep at it mate please as this business needs people like you. Let us know when you have found out what the problem is?

Take care mate : )  

beat the p out of you...did you not notice he is a jiu jitsu master?  :-X
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2011, 10:18:19 pm »
GB I’m new to this game and use Trad so have no experience regarding WFP but looking at this from from a different standpoint I have to say if I read on here you have given up ill find you and beat the p*** out of you pal!

Let me explain you’re clearly a decent bloke as you getting annoyed which shows you care not only about the job your doing but other people’s property Id be exactly the same as I’m the worrying sort.

I got in to this game for two reason one of which was I got fed up with idiots taking liberties not cleaning my parents house properly, one time I caught this clown pi**ing down the side of my Mum's house! Don’t worry he can’t do that anymore : ) Anyhow If a needed a window cleaner id ask you because I know you’d do a proper job and that’s key to keeping customers rather than just saying if they don’t complain don’t worry! Having said that I’m not knocking anyone on here for that, it’s good advice as its clearly upsetting you, so trying to switch off is a very good idea. But if you’re like me and you can’t switch off just wait until you collect and ask your custeys are they happy with the work your doing? Rest assured they will tell you, and if they say no say ill do them again free of charge that way you don’t lose anyone and they realise you have a good work ethic. Honestly mate if I was the head of a big company and read your post Id hire you. Keep at it mate please as this business needs people like you. Let us know when you have found out what the problem is?

Take care mate : )  

thanks andy. that made me feel better mate!  ;)

Craig 72

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2011, 10:19:46 pm »
GB I know exactly what you mean mate.I still get plenty of these white dots on windows at the tops regardless of whether the frames are clean or how much I rinse.Like you say they look great from a cursory glance but on closer inspection or if viewed from the inside they become apparent.Having said that I have only ever had one complaint from wfp in 2 years and that was with very old leaded windows.I will give the windows a quick wipe at the top with a scrim on the ones I know this is prone to but only on the ground floor as it only takes a minute or two.I think what is obvious to a window cleaner is not noticable to virtually all customers so I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2011, 10:19:57 pm »
^ ;D

maybe the dirts coming of the top frame..

as said buy a new tds meter just incase  ;)

had my tds checked today from the shop i bought it from! they said its perfect!!!

tar  ;)

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2011, 10:22:41 pm »
Have you thought of going trad till you get it sorted?

yeah i have to be honest! i thought i can do one housea day trad till i get them perfect again using mdr to get the marks off or maybe 1 or 2 houses a day, god knows maybe a should just go back traf till there all sorted again then start afresh with wfp

suppose its better this happened now than in a years time when ive got even more custys windows to eff up!  ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 10:24:46 pm »
GB I know exactly what you mean mate.I still get plenty of these white dots on windows at the tops regardless of whether the frames are clean or how much I rinse.Like you say they look great from a cursory glance but on closer inspection or if viewed from the inside they become apparent.Having said that I have only ever had one complaint from wfp in 2 years and that was with very old leaded windows.I will give the windows a quick wipe at the top with a scrim on the ones I know this is prone to but only on the ground floor as it only takes a minute or two.I think what is obvious to a window cleaner is not noticable to virtually all customers so I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it.

well said. this seems to be the case with the custy not noticing!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2011, 12:38:00 pm »
everyday i go out its just gets worse, effing spots all over the glass. im still really fustrated about the whole thing  :(
i jusy dont know how im gonna get them off, some windows that are spotted are not possible to get to with ladders to put them right either

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2011, 01:05:42 pm »
im seriously thinking of kacking on alltogether! this thought comes and goes but i dont know what else i can do if i jack the windows in?

but i think to be honest its only a matter of time till custy wake up and see these spots in the summer sun and then i'll either lose my custys or worse theyll try and get me to replace the spotted glass

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2011, 01:58:51 pm »
Could you take some pictures of these spotted windows for us to look at.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2011, 03:49:46 pm »
Could you take some pictures of these spotted windows for us to look at.

yeah i will do

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2011, 03:58:39 pm »
i think its safe to say there is major hard water marks/spotting on just about every single window i do wfp!

but like i say there only really visable in the sun or at least ive only just started to notice them this summer!

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2011, 08:22:38 pm »
Really feel for you GB, I've only been wfp 3 months after 27 yrs trad. It's a very different ball game and definately not without it's issues. But my advice is this: Don't give up. You have a good work ethic. Probably you have many appreciative custy's who value that. Know what you're going to say if any complain, and don't worry about glass replacement, that's very unlikely to be necessary.

Let us know when you solve it - as you will.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2011, 08:37:14 pm »
thanks peter,

i cant really let this beat me! i think when i get through this dilema i'll be a much better wfp'er at the end of it!

i'm jusy gonna have to do some hard water removal on my ladders and using trad pole!

so for my next boring topic  ;D i'll be asking about hard water removal!

thanks again

gb

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2011, 08:45:20 pm »
GB, interestingly, had job yesterday where wall has just been rendered (last week) custy cleaned off cement from french windows (2 sets). We went yesterday, both sets of windows were a real mess, runs from builders rendering. Thought about scraping but would of taken ages, then remembered, Evans Hi-Phos which I had. Popped some on micro-fibre cloth and wiped over glass. Easy as that, all gone. Then trad cleaned.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2011, 08:59:51 pm »
GB, interestingly, had job yesterday where wall has just been rendered (last week) custy cleaned off cement from french windows (2 sets). We went yesterday, both sets of windows were a real mess, runs from builders rendering. Thought about scraping but would of taken ages, then remembered, Evans Hi-Phos which I had. Popped some on micro-fibre cloth and wiped over glass. Easy as that, all gone. Then trad cleaned.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Evans Hi-Phos hey! i'll look into it, tar

Jonny 87

« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2014, 09:51:42 am »
Wow, sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

Was just reading through some old topics as I do.

Did you ever get this problem sorted? I honestly can't work it out, apart from the fact you were DI only in a hard water area, I can't think what you were doing wrong.

Really interested to get an update?

Jonny.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Spruce

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2014, 04:58:42 pm »
Wow, sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

Was just reading through some old topics as I do.

Did you ever get this problem sorted? I honestly can't work it out, apart from the fact you were DI only in a hard water area, I can't think what you were doing wrong.

Really interested to get an update?

Jonny.

He's still here so he didn't pack it in. I don't recall him referring to the issue since.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

ben M

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2014, 07:44:52 pm »
would be nice to have an update!

Jonny 87

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2014, 10:50:20 pm »
would be nice to have an update!

Definitely!

Don't think he has been back online yet.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2014, 04:54:45 pm »
Hi jonny,

well firstly let me just say, When youve been in the game for a while like i have now you tend to care less about such little problems. However i think that particular problem was down to the old glass being below a concrete lintel and therefore over the years the lintel had been dripping rain soaked with lime out of the concrete onto the glass... therefore staining the glass over years of so called hard water on it!

So in other words it wasnt my water at all!

Other problems ive had with spottin grange from the obvious, not rinsing enough, Perished leaching rubber seals on old units and enviroment, i.e rain and high wind blowing dust onto the droplets before they dry!

All the best pal, and don't worry too much about it!

George