Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mikecam

Re: HELP, dont know what to do!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 08:46:44 pm »
I've had this stubborn spotting and staining. And in my experience it will not come off with your wfp. It needs a microfibre over it, either get up the ladder or drapse it over your tbar on a trad pole and rub it off, then clean again with the wfp. Usually happens on first cleans when the spotting has been missed for whatever reason, it does leave a residue. You should be able to tell if a window is going to spot by looking at the pattern of the water droplets on the window.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 08:59:14 pm »
Not rinsing frames? theres your anwer and a good rule to work by if your brush touches it you rinse it!

ok, will do!

lee_dewing

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 09:16:35 pm »
GB, sorry to hear your still having problems.

What perentage of your customers are complaining 1, 5 , 10%?

I had some custies who were dead against wfp and always had me nervous and deflated :(

they cancelled or i did.

Had one last month small front do upstairs wfp big downstairs window do trad.
started doing downstairs window wfp and all of a sudden all windows are streaky!

I notice your di in a hard water area, i think this must be making things harder, do you check ppm regular.

what brush are you using GB?
Is it a mono-filament (doesn't trap dirt in bristles, which can cause spotting)

Can you gt a few hours out with someone on here?
where do you live?

When i first started wfp, i put a couple of tiny drops of gg3 in each barrel i mean two tiny drops i'm sure this made life easier.
I remember justin ruggles on clean it up use to soak his brush in a bucket of pure water with tiny bit of gg3, and he was suprised at dirt particles in bucket at end of the day.
This was a few years ago and we have more brushes available and vikan make mono-filament brushes now to.

I hope somewhere in all these posts is your answer mate; keep going ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 09:54:10 pm »
Sorry to hear of your problems but don't get too disheartened.

Are you absolutely sure you are working with 000 water.  It sounds  like you might be rinsing with water with a high calcium content.  When that dries it can be quite difficult get off sometimes - but it WILL come off.

Keep persevering and it will come right for you.

John

thanks john, what do you mean by high calcium cotent? i thought if my water iss 000ppm thats all i need to worry about?!?!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 09:59:24 pm »
GB, sorry to hear your still having problems.

What perentage of your customers are complaining 1, 5 , 10%?

I had some custies who were dead against wfp and always had me nervous and deflated :(

they cancelled or i did.

Had one last month small front do upstairs wfp big downstairs window do trad.
started doing downstairs window wfp and all of a sudden all windows are streaky!

I notice your di in a hard water area, i think this must be making things harder, do you check ppm regular.

what brush are you using GB?
Is it a mono-filament (doesn't trap dirt in bristles, which can cause spotting)

Can you gt a few hours out with someone on here?
where do you live?

When i first started wfp, i put a couple of tiny drops of gg3 in each barrel i mean two tiny drops i'm sure this made life easier.
I remember justin ruggles on clean it up use to soak his brush in a bucket of pure water with tiny bit of gg3, and he was suprised at dirt particles in bucket at end of the day.
This was a few years ago and we have more brushes available and vikan make mono-filament brushes now to.

I hope somewhere in all these posts is your answer mate; keep going ;)

thats the funny thing hardly any custy complin  :o

i check my water very very regular! i might as well be a human in-line tds meter!  :)

my brush is an hunger flocked, square and green

id love to go out with another wfp windy if there are any offers! im in lincoln, east mids

you used soap in your pure water?  :o rather you than me!

thanks for your advice mate, keep it coming!

lee_dewing

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 10:41:49 pm »
sorry GB i live in essex, anyone else nearby to GB?

I wonder if it is your brush, don't know if you already know this so will bore you with it.

Flocked brushes say vikan brushes: are for use for washing car, trucks, trains etc.

The flocked brush means bristles on brush are split and have a fluffy feel, this is so they don't scratch bodywork on cars etc.

But the theory is they trap dirt particles in between bristles.

Mono-filament brushes are made for window cleaning and meant to not have this problem, that's the theory.
vikan make mono-filament brushes now and have red bristles.

I never had problem with gg3 in pure water and still do for some conny roofs.
gg3 and gg4 are a bit more advanced than soap and are claim to soften water for cleaning gg3 for tap water soft and gg4 for hard water areas.
when you read the instructions on the bottle it says you can leave on glass wet to dry.

I would notdo with tap water but have found fine with pure.

mikecam

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 10:49:12 pm »

I wonder if it is your brush, don't know if you already know this so will bore you with it.

Flocked brushes say vikan brushes: are for use for washing car, trucks, trains etc.

The flocked brush means bristles on brush are split and have a fluffy feel, this is so they don't scratch bodywork on cars etc.

Mono-filament brushes are made for window cleaning and meant to not have this problem, that's the theory.

gg3 and gg4 are a bit more advanced than soap and are claim to soften water for cleaning gg3 for tap water soft and gg4 for hard water areas.
when you read the instructions on the bottle it says you can leave on glass wet to dry.

I see me and you are like chalk and cheese. Flocked brushes are made for window cleaning. They brush the glass much better (IMO), especially at height when its harder to apply leverage. Monofilamets can leave you with a comb effect.True a monofilament does not hold dirt so easy, but if a flocked does hold dirt the by definition it wouldn't be dripping on to his windows !! What good a few drops of GG3 in your water does for a conny roof i've no idea, but each to their own, if it works for ya the keep doing it i suppose. And i do use tap water for conny roofs, takes allsorts i guess !!!

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 11:05:29 pm »
Are they sure its you and the seals are broken which get condensation in between double glazing if they are double glaze and some types of glass dont do well with wfp as they always spot.

The only way to check properly is get a ladder up there to give it the once over.

You mention about using di in hard water but do you use an ro too as for some dont use ro's.

Just trying to eliminate that might cause you problems... ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 11:11:30 pm »
If your custies ain't complaining don't worry!
It's a game of three halves!

Londoner

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 11:11:39 pm »
You say spots but you don't say where they are. Its very importantant to know, it can only be dirty water and it can only run down from above.

A row of spots coming down the glass getting smaller as they go down, thats dirty drips off the frame for example.

Calm down and start looking, the answer will be there and you will find it. Analyise the proplem and don't panic.

What jets are you using, are you spraying water onto the dirty frame when you rinse? All sorts of questions come to mind.

Describe the spots to us and we can help you but stop panicing and don't give up because there has to be a logical answer.

And yes clean your own windows and do some of the ground floor ones. They dry very quickly this time of year and you can see the results before you leave.

But my guess is its drips from the top of the frames so don't get them wet.    

spongebob

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 07:56:24 am »
It might seem obvious but have you tried another tds meter. i have two and always test them against each other on 000 and 360 tap water to make sure they are ok. You could be rinsing with higher tds than you think you are.
Andy

Mike #1

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2011, 08:13:17 am »
GB  it could be a combination of all these things mentioned but rinising could be one

For instance if the weather has been fairly dry and windy there is more dust and pollen settling on top of frames and sills,  so   you need to give a extra rinse on frames and glass a bit like an initial clean ,

also if you're containers have got some green in them it might be affecting you're water , tds in full  containers ,  Every 3 months i clean mine out with milton sterilising  fluid ,

And lastly mate i use a trolley and carry 10 containers 300ltrs water in the back of my 4wd and get a good days work , what motor are you using

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2011, 08:30:23 am »

thanks mate. if anyone is near me im willing to travel!!! i'd like to work with another well established wfp'er please get intouch

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2011, 08:33:51 am »
Are they sure its you and the seals are broken which get condensation in between double glazing if they are double glaze and some types of glass dont do well with wfp as they always spot.

The only way to check properly is get a ladder up there to give it the once over.

You mention about using di in hard water but do you use an ro too as for some dont use ro's.

Just trying to eliminate that might cause you problems... ;D ;D

its definatly not inbetween the pains of glass its on the outside!

im only twin di at the mo, but my dad is gonna loan me some money if i want to get set up propery! how much cash will i need for a good set up in a 300ppm area i have the van a pole and other stuff already!?

thankyou.

lee_dewing

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2011, 09:03:15 am »
mike, i have used all sorts of brushes.

with out sounding like doing a u-turn i think i said the theory is;

suppose i'm clutching at straws abit, but don't like hearing GB's suffering.

I have a bentley broom head i use on fish pole for town-houses.

technique and rinse, i think when i first swapped over to wfp, i expected it to be quicker and it wasn't, i was 40% down on my money first week, then crept back up to normal by week 3.

Now it's a lot better but i'm a trolley user so still not perfect.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2011, 04:55:51 pm »
been looking at more of the 1st floor windows i do wfp and MOST of them look very very spotted  :(
started doing the arkward ground floor window for an experiment! so i can see results close up

but its the same thing today really they look mint when the sun is not on them very strange!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2011, 04:59:56 pm »
You need to check the TDS of the water you're using.  Find another windy and ask to borrow his meter.

Vin

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 05:35:29 pm »
You need to check the TDS of the water you're using.  Find another windy and ask to borrow his meter.

Vin

yeah good idea, im thinking it must be a combination of poor technique (as im self tought) and maybe less then 100% pure water! but according to my tds meter ive worked with water over 12ppm!

i just cant believe more custys arnt complaining, thank god for that at least!

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 05:54:17 pm »
I really wouldn't worry too much if customers aren't complaining. Did a house today and we were doing some garden work so were there till the windows dried and there were a couple of windows with white marks down them. She's a good customer so I was just tradding them and she asked what I was doing because and I said there were just a few marks and she said they look fine to me leave them!!! I did them anyway but I reckon we're more obsessed with marks than customers are..
Only ones to worry about are the OCD ones with perfectly clean insides...... ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2011, 05:59:02 pm »
i think i might pick one house a day to do trad and get my mdr out to do hard water mark removal until ive got them all perfect again! sound good?
except for the ones i cant get like over conny roofs and stuff unless i can get them from the inside!

I dont recon i'd use trad pole to do hard water marks removal sounds dodgy to me! anyone else done hard water mark removal with trod pole?

thanks.