This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GB Window Cleaning

HELP, dont know what to do!
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:20:28 pm »
ok so ever since ive had a couple of complaints about wfp spotting ive been scrubbing and rinsing like mad and cchecking all windows after ive cleaned them.
today ive noticed alot of the windows i clean (im only wfp above ground floor by the way! trad ground floor) are very badly spotted  :o

trouble is you can only really see these spots when the sun is very bright and shining directly on the glass!!!  :o
im really dishartened with the whole thing now and seriously thinking of packing up all together! :( before i get sued for ruining all my custys glass  :-[
these spots are very bad!!! they will not clean off at all! no matter how much scrubbing and rinsing i do!

i think ive cuased the problem myself by not having a high enough flow rate and maybe not scrubbing the glass enough
im only di in a hard water area using a 35 ltr trolley, and i had my flow rate as low as it would go for for a long time when i first got my wfp set up!

ive recently uped the flow a bit and started scrubbing the glass twice but i think its too late for all my existing custys now!

im reall really p***ed off today now and i think i might have to jack in this window cleaning lark before the poop hits the fan!
also let this be a warning to everyone, your glass might look superb from the ground floor without direct sunlight on it but start looking at south facing glass for water marks when the sun is blazing on them!

ive never used water over 12 ppm and now i never use water over 000 ppm

HELP please  

Alistair@AWC

Re: HELP, dont know what to do!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 03:33:28 pm »
GB,

You now realise that a high flow rate is important so if you have caused hard water marks in the past you wont being making it worse from now on.

Also I doubt you wont be able to remove any marks you have left in the past with a bottle of Winsol 550 so I wouldn't worry too much.

Like you said in your OP you've only had a couple of complaints........ so chill man, chill!

Unless of course your near me and in that case you should run for the hills and sell me your work very very cheap.  ;)

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 03:37:20 pm »
AL S... is 2 ltrs per minute a high enough flow rate i was using about 1.3 ltr per min before?!?!

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 03:44:04 pm »
Sorry GB,

I wouldn't know I've never measured it, I have it set to the point where its at its highest flow without bouncing back off the windows too much when rinsing.

I tried the water saving method when I first started out but found by using a much higher flow rate it saves a lot of time and I barely use any more water because I don't spend as long rinsing.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 04:02:26 pm »
 :( im really disalusioned now!

i dont know what to do with myself! not felt like this since i was unemployed!  :'(

Steve Sed

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 04:17:08 pm »
I think it would hepl if you were WFP ground floor as well. You'd then see more clearly your results and the amount of brushing and rinsing required to get perfection.

I clean my own windows really quickly and they come up perfect every time. Also my mum's.

My first results were poor. I went back to basics. I first went around all the front tops concentrating mostly on frames. Then the same with the bottoms. Then I went back to the tops and scrubbed glass only then rinsed. Then the same with the bottoms. I now don't do that, becuase I believe that exercise taught me enough so that I don't need to.

I really think doing bottoms trad doesn't help you - especially if you are really quick as you will constantly be trying to maintain same speed on tops without mastering WFP properly.

Just my thoughts.

Tom White

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 04:19:43 pm »
Is this your first time around your customers?  I find first WFP cleans on windows that were previously done trad much more prone to spotting, but once you've done them twice, they're fine.

Lee GLS

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 04:31:25 pm »
have you tried it on your own windows? wfp shouldnt leave spots that you can't remove with a bit of scrubbing, are you sure the spotting wasnt already there, also have you got a decent tds meter as there are some cheap copies out there that dont work properly, are you sure your tds is 000?

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 04:32:55 pm »
How many times have they been done WFP?
You do need a good flow rate which is why most go for large tanks, its only after the initial few cleans that you can start to turn it down.

I work on the basis that for every 200L I use it earns me £100. I have no idea what flow rate is.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 05:15:03 pm »
the trouble is that with wfp is that you have to rinse three times per pane unit and a quick squirt with water aint goin to do a good job. how much water do you use on a frame and do you do the frames then wash down.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 08:10:31 pm »
I think it would hepl if you were WFP ground floor as well. You'd then see more clearly your results and the amount of brushing and rinsing required to get perfection.

I clean my own windows really quickly and they come up perfect every time. Also my mum's.

My first results were poor. I went back to basics. I first went around all the front tops concentrating mostly on frames. Then the same with the bottoms. Then I went back to the tops and scrubbed glass only then rinsed. Then the same with the bottoms. I now don't do that, becuase I believe that exercise taught me enough so that I don't need to.

I really think doing bottoms trad doesn't help you - especially if you are really quick as you will constantly be trying to maintain same speed on tops without mastering WFP properly.

Just my thoughts.

yeah i think im gonna have to get a van mount and start doing 100% wfp or something

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 08:11:31 pm »
Is this your first time around your customers?  I find first WFP cleans on windows that were previously done trad much more prone to spotting, but once you've done them twice, they're fine.

no tosh, ive been wfp for a while now!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 08:14:24 pm »
have you tried it on your own windows? wfp shouldnt leave spots that you can't remove with a bit of scrubbing, are you sure the spotting wasnt already there, also have you got a decent tds meter as there are some cheap copies out there that dont work properly, are you sure your tds is 000?

i cant be positive the spots wernt there before on all of then but they defo wernt there on some! i didnt think wfp coule leave hard water mark either! my tds meter is an "hm digital" as far as i know my water is 000ppm

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 08:16:22 pm »
How many times have they been done WFP?
You do need a good flow rate which is why most go for large tanks, its only after the initial few cleans that you can start to turn it down.

I work on the basis that for every 200L I use it earns me £100. I have no idea what flow rate is.

theyve been done wfp loads. some have only been done wfp, by me anyway!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 08:18:43 pm »
the trouble is that with wfp is that you have to rinse three times per pane unit and a quick squirt with water aint goin to do a good job. how much water do you use on a frame and do you do the frames then wash down.

i only rinse once. i go round frame once not much water i suppose but i dont really rinse the frame!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 08:22:12 pm »

I reckon that's the advice of the day.  Do a couple of houses like that and take a look when they are dry.

Do your own one at a time and take a look when dry.  Then rty something different on the next one.  Offer your neighbours a free clean provided you can check the results afterwards (I did this when I started and learned a lot).

Vin

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 08:23:31 pm »
 Not rinsing frames? theres your anwer and a good rule to work by... if your brush touches it you rinse it!
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 08:23:56 pm »

I've never done that and I've had two complaints (VERY minor spotting) in the past year.

If your flow rate is high enough you don't need to redo them.

Vin

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 08:31:30 pm »

i cant be positive the spots wernt there before on all of then but they defo wernt there on some! i didnt think wfp coule leave hard water mark either! my tds meter is an "hm digital" as far as i know my water is 000ppm

WFP doesn't leave hard water marks as such, it's just pure water which has got contaminated some how, probably with dirt or oxidisation of the top frame.

The best advise I can give you is to study how & where the contamination is coming about. In my experience it will be from the top frame & or vent. I rarely clean the top frame these days but I know which ones I can get away with & which I can't. Remember, even a little bit of dirt which isn't removed & flushed away from the top frame will stand out like a sore thumb on a perfectly clean window when it runs down.

John Walker

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 08:46:07 pm »
Sorry to hear of your problems but don't get too disheartened.

Are you absolutely sure you are working with 000 water.  It sounds  like you might be rinsing with water with a high calcium content.  When that dries it can be quite difficult get off sometimes - but it WILL come off.

Keep persevering and it will come right for you.

John
BaxWalker Window Cleaning