Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Davis

Re: Surround Encap
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 05:39:26 pm »
Go to www.carpetmax.co.uk and click video on encap and the video shows exactly how to
clean a carpet using Surround Ultra and the bonnet system..

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 05:59:06 pm »
watched the video and it is the most ridiculous carpet cleaning video I've ever seen, the comparison was stupid..... of course the double headed machine would be faster not because it has 2 heads but the guy using it was almost running,  if the carpet had been dirty it would have been completely useless moving that fast

at least the rotary guy was working at a speed that would have a cleaning effect. its no good going fast if the you aren't actually cleaning the carpet
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

John Kelly

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 06:19:22 pm »
Think you've missed the point Mike. The speed is the idea behind the concept. The machine is motorised which is how it moves so fast. It was developed to clean very large areas of carpet in a short time. It has re-chargable batteries and only lasts 4 hours on a full charge but in that time can clean an immense area.

Dean Davis

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2011, 06:46:48 pm »
Mike you have watched the wrong video,,sorry go to www.carpetmax.co.uk on the home page
where the arrows point to WATCH THIS VIDEO NOW WITH THE POWER OF SURROUND,click on this
and you shall be able to watch the correct video to educate yourself with the Surround Ultra product.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 07:03:39 pm »
Dean, that video is a lot better, at least you can see the cleaning taking place, the first video i watched you could see no difference

Dean Davis

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2011, 07:11:47 pm »
Yes the first video you watched is promoting the meterage that can be covered with the
fastest carpet cleaning machine in the world,that machine is used on conference centres,hotels
and football grounds etc as John Kelly rightly pointed out.

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2011, 07:21:07 pm »
Er, is it just me but why is he 'bonnetting' with an encap - as opposed to scrubbing in and leaving? By absorbing the encap, not so much will be left behind to do its job? Then he goes on to show the pad 'dirty' when thats not how its supposed to be used? Strange.

Also why is he bonnetting anyway with the pressure of the brushes (used for scrubbing/agitating other surfaces!) on top the bonnett? Do they not have proper drive boards to give better weight distribution and grip?

I like the sprayer on the front though.

Mark

alan lewis

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2011, 08:06:46 pm »
Some good points there Mark, i was just about to type....can you use a contra rotating brush machine with encap? like you i would have thought the idea of encap products was to leave the solution in the carpet to encapsulate the soil to be removed when dry with a vacuum.

Alan

Dean Davis

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2011, 08:16:22 pm »
Yes we use a Host freestyle machine to beat the encap into the carpet.Oxymagic also use the same system in the States.This system with the encap mixed with Oxygen is huge in the States.Zerodrytime in the UK use this method too.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2011, 08:32:31 pm »
So in reality does the client in a large commercial office vacuum the carpet the after it has been encapped, or is that just wishful thinking?

Simon

mark shannon

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2011, 08:36:29 pm »
Can I use any oxidiser in the encap product?

Found I get good results brushing it in with my rotary brush.

Drys in under an hour so postvac myself if its necessary.

gwrightson

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2011, 09:30:20 pm »
Simon, i have never had any objection to the client vaccing after the use of encap,and as most of the larger businesses have in house cleaner themselves they simply make sure that the vaccing is a priority, I do how ever ensure that they are aware of the neccesity of post vaccing, never had an objection yet.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

wynne jones

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2011, 09:39:36 pm »
When I first started encapping I thought it would be obvious there were all these shampoo crystals to vac up but once dry there appeared to be nothing there.

I also thought that my vacuum bag would fill up with all this encaspulate when dry but to be honest don't notice much different. So where does it go, or is it a very slow process over time? This has been the case with several different products.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2011, 09:58:19 pm »
So in reality does the client in a large commercial office vacuum the carpet the after it has been encapped, or is that just wishful thinking?

I also find it strange that you can walk away having (and in effect) not completed the job, with leaving the client to finish off the job for you.

mark shannon

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2011, 10:15:46 pm »
Simple really wait for it to dry, maybe an hour on LP, or go back and vac.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2011, 10:24:38 pm »
So what's the going rate for encap in comparison to hwe?

gwrightson

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2011, 06:21:28 pm »

I also find it strange that you can walk away having (and in effect) not completed the job, with leaving the client to finish off the job for you.

Well neil, I was expecting a reply along the lines of your reply, exactly the same has happened on past posts discussing encap, 2 ways of looking at it really , 1. ensure you go back 24 hrs later and vac adding expense to the final bill, as waiting an hour as suggested is not the answer. 2. ensure you agree the vacuuming is done by the client keeping the cost down, I know what i prefer to do, suggesting the job is not completed is twaddle. but each to his own.
Simon, I charge around £1 per sq mtre using cimex, this is pre vac and application, slight adjustment made for certain factors,ie.size furniture etc.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 08:21:38 pm »
here's an interesting article on encapsulation cleaning

http://www.cleanfax.com/carpet-cleaning/article/encapsulation-solutions

steven Banks

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2011, 08:35:50 pm »
It's hardly expensive, I used it few days back on £280 job, cost maybe £5 in product.

Thats the way i look at it too!

andrew christopher

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2011, 08:59:47 pm »
Can I use any oxidiser in the encap product?

Mark

I use chemspec energiser with rotobrite on dirty low profiles, hard to tell how much difference it makes as not done any real tests but for what it costs i use it.

Andy