Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark shannon

Surround Encap
« on: May 27, 2011, 07:47:45 pm »
This stuff is fantastic for LM best product I have ever used, jaw dropping results. Mixed up stronger makes an extremely effective spotter shifts tea and draught marks.

Got me wondering if encaping could be the future of CC.

Aint cheap but worth every penny.

http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/0006l

Simon Gerrard

Re: Surround Encap
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 09:54:06 pm »
Dave,

Too late, I'm on it ;D

Mark,
You said' jaw dropping' results, how did you use it? Also, tell us about getting tea, coffee and draft marks out.

Simon

mark shannon

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 10:20:31 pm »
Simon as a conventional HWE spotter it is extremely effective but not of course foolproof. Spray dwell rinse.

Cleaning  carpet tiles, very low profile carpet, vav, prespray, brush in,  jaw dropping results, even better when dry.

Never tried it on normal carpet but will test it on a rental  brushed in with envirodry next week.

mark

[/quote]

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 11:09:54 pm »
I like it albeit a little expensive, I cleaned an old cotton print the other day must have been 25 years old the one with the peacocks on anyway after cleaning and drying it needed a little bit extra so I applied it and toweled must admit it did look good wish I'd have had this stuff in the late 80's.

Shaun

creighton foyle

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 11:37:10 pm »
a guy who came all the way from the north east to buy my aridex fetched me a sample and i have to say i was very impressed. he is a bone dry franchise and seemed to know his stuff. i like it

wynne jones

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 09:18:58 am »
Love the marketing blurb suggesting other similar products may produce airborne hazards.  ::)

I think I'll stick to the cheap stuff that does the same job but without the hype.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 09:42:44 am »
How does it compare with Procaps as that was supposed to be one of the best?

Simon

davep

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 09:56:56 am »
It's hardly expensive, I used it few days back on £280 job, cost maybe £5 in product.

John Kelly

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 10:57:49 am »
Love the marketing blurb suggesting other similar products may produce airborne hazards.  ::)

I think I'll stick to the cheap stuff that does the same job but without the hype.

You are so quick to come on here and criticise products from various manufacturers. At least be a man and have some balls and do it under your real name.

andrew christopher

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 12:13:33 pm »
The no rinse spotter is really good.

Will try some surround for padding, have always found rotobrite II good. Anynone compared the two?

Mark can you use it on upholstery  ;D

wynne jones

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 01:53:18 pm »
Love the marketing blurb suggesting other similar products may produce airborne hazards.  ::)

You are so quick to come on here and criticise products from various manufacturers. At least be a man and have some balls and do it under your real name.

I will do what I want thank you very much. And I think you will find that on many occasions on here I have recommended Craftex products. I also point out when other suppliers take the mick with pricing items where Restoremate is generally reasonable.

gwrightson

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 02:46:50 pm »

Surround is the best encap product i have used, by far expensive !! not at all considering the dilution ratess, and , I cleaned a chinese restraunt cple weeks ago, minging started with h/w/e  owner wanted me to use the encap which i had used the previous week at their other restraunt lin Leeds, results excellent £20 tip and a bottle of glenmorangie. thank you very much mrs wong  ;D

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

wynne jones

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 03:07:29 pm »
Pretty much any chemical used is a relatively small expense in comparison to the potential job profit.

Ease of use and results is more important to me. This product seems to be intimating though that there may be issues with other products where the encapsulate becomes airborne. I've never heard of a problem and sounds like it's a creative idea to knock the competition.

Maybe John will send me a sample to try.  ;D 

C A Payne

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 03:44:54 pm »
just a bit of a daft question; can you use this product in conjuction with the bonnet cleaning method anyone? if so, how does it measure up to catalyst & the likes, please? charlie.

wynne jones

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 03:57:28 pm »
The idea with encap is you work it into the carpet and the foam encapsulates the dirt which is hoovered up when dry. You can use your rotary with a shampoo brush or something like a red or white pad. Youtube it or do a search on encap man.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 04:25:19 pm »
just a bit of a daft question; can you use this product in conjuction with the bonnet cleaning method anyone? if so, how does it measure up to catalyst & the likes, please? charlie.

Yes you can use it as a bonnet cleaning product as well daily vacuuming by cleaners if used in commercial property will get residue up.Personally I think its on par with roto brite but rotobrite offers stainshield.Depends what you want

C A Payne

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 04:34:54 pm »
yep! just looked at the link for restormate...... doooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... thanx topman!