Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Re: Surround Encap
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 08:53:22 am »
Got some surround encap yesterday so I'm going to try it on a job at the weekend.
 :o

Simon

gwrightson

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 07:35:05 pm »
would be interesting to know of your thoughts on it simon ? I dont htink you will be dissapointed.,
What sytem /method will you be using .

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Simon Gerrard

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 03:56:26 pm »
Just done a big office job over the weekend so a good place to give Encap a try. I was using the TM with RX and it produced a fantastic result but did one small office with encap and padded it and to be fair it looked the same as two similar sized offices I RX'd.
Then tried a small section of the main reception area which was quite dirty and stained (pale green carpet tiles) and that came up surprisingly well as did another section in the main office area. So I can't say it doesn't work because it does but it is very disconcerting when you empty the recovery tank and see all the dirty water, wich then begs the question, 'what happened to all that dirt from the encapped areas?' Well we all know barring the dirt on the pad, it's still in there, but you can't see it.  :-\
Encapped the main reception area after RX and it looked fantastic.

Simon

Robert Watson

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2011, 04:54:23 pm »
Hi Guys,
I used it last weekend in an office, the carpets weren't too bad apart from the entrance where there were some black marks which I thought would need spotting even with HWE.

Used a flex 5 to pile lift and padded. The entrance came up really well, no need to spot. I was impressed and looking forward to pushing it on a few bad ones.

I do think using a pile lifter would make a big difference.

The Kitchen Door Centre

gwrightson

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2011, 05:00:18 pm »
Just done a big office job over the weekend so a good place to give Encap a try. I was using the TM with RX and it produced a fantastic result but did one small office with encap and padded it and to be fair it looked the same as two similar sized offices I RX'd.
Then tried a small section of the main reception area which was quite dirty and stained (pale green carpet tiles) and that came up surprisingly well as did another section in the main office area. So I can't say it doesn't work because it does but it is very disconcerting when you empty the recovery tank and see all the dirty water, wich then begs the question, 'what happened to all that dirt from the encapped areas?' Well we all know barring the dirt on the pad, it's still in there, but you can't see it.  :-\
Encapped the main reception area after RX and it looked fantastic.

Simon

Simon ,
That is the whole point of encap, the encapapsulation properties surrounding and trapping the dirt, which is simply vacuumed up the following day.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2011, 08:29:19 pm »
Next time I'm going to pre-vac with the Flexi 5 andthen  Encap with it and see what happens.

Simon

mark shannon

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2011, 09:19:37 pm »
Sounds like the perfect combination.

John Klucznik

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 06:50:32 pm »
As far as Stainsheild gores consider this:
 Several manufacturers claim to have a carpet protector built into their product. I have a problem with this. Some protectors come pre-mixed but most mix 1:1 or 1: 3. That’s one gallon of concentrate at a cost of $40 to $50 dollars per gallon of concentrate on average.

Now a cleaning product manufacturer wants you to believe that their $30 dollar a gallon product, that mixes only 6 ounces of concentrate into a gallon of water, has enough chemical protector in it to be effective. Don’t forget they also need room for the polymers, detergents, surfactants and so on. Even the straight six ounces of concentrate would not be enough, let alone reducing it further by adding the other ingredients and water that’s already in the encaps formula before it is diluted into the gallon of water. The math simply does not support this if you think about it.

John Klucznik

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 07:34:27 pm »
When I first started encapping I thought it would be obvious there were all these shampoo crystals to vac up but once dry there appeared to be nothing there.

I also thought that my vacuum bag would fill up with all this encaspulate when dry but to be honest don't notice much different. So where does it go, or is it a very slow process over time? This has been the case with several different products.

Did you know that the coating on a carpet fiber of encap polymer is under 1 micron thick? To put this into perspective, a pin head is 2 millimeters. A drop of water on a microscope slide is approximately one millimeter. A micron is 1,000 times smaller than 1 millimeter. We're talking about a coating on the surface of a filament of carpet fiber that measures about 50 microns (40xs smaller than a pinhead) or a third the diameter of a human hair

So to answer your question the amount of encap on the fibers is a very small amount. The soil/encap will come out over time. If you ran your vac before the you did the job, how much was in the bag from the first vacuuming? I realize that you may not know this. A good amount of the soil ( if the chemical worked) will go into the bonnet. The evidence of that is not only the color of the bonnet but the soil it releases into the washing machine water. The amount left behind both soil and poly will/ should be a very small amount.