This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richie_tracey

Pressure washing help
« on: October 07, 2005, 07:24:15 am »
Hi all
I have been given a very decent pressure washer and wanted to use it for cleaning gutters as i seem to have loads of gutter cleaning jobs.
How would i do this? And what else would I need?
At present all i have is the pressure washer so i assume i would need a few more things like water tank, generator etc
any help would be great thanks

Richie

Jake

Re: Pressure washing help
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 07:28:52 pm »
Ritchie

It's your choice mate, but I wouldn't use a pressure washer to clean out gutters, the cr***p will be blasted everywhere!
Exeter, Devon

tech-clean

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 10:11:07 pm »
Hi
He's right it's a messy job, it is which ever way you tackle it, you can get special gutter attachments for an extension lance, but you would probably need an umberella hat. There's no other way it's a mucky job.
These attachments blow it out left & right, so in theory l guess if you stayed smack bang middle you'd miss it! in theory
regards
Jan

preston powerblast

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 08:46:50 am »
the only way to clean a gutter properly is the good old fashioned way.
Rubber gloves, trowel and a bucket and once all the moss, bits of slate, tennis balls etc are gone. then low pressure clean it.
This way you wont have to clean all the walls, windows and paths for nowt.

Paul Forster

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 07:03:14 pm »
i use a drain rods fited with a 3" drop scraper for gutter clearance from a secured ladder.

I would think twice about using a lance up high as the upper windows would probably need to be cleaned after  (ialways have to clean ground floor windows after patio cleaning operations).

Paul