This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JJdomestics

STAFF
« on: October 05, 2005, 07:10:52 pm »
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else has trouble finding staff? We have one little gem who works for us and doesn't cause us any trouble and one other cleaner who has just started. We recently had a cleaner leave and I am wondering if it is worth all the bother. They all seem to want the money but don't want to do the work. I just want some honest people to clean a few houses without any bother, IS THIS REALLY TOO MUCH TO ASK? We have tried the local job centre and ads in shops and in the local paper. The work is coming in thick and fast but no cleaners to do it.

The cleaners that we have had in the past seem to want a friendship aswell as a job and to be quite honest I haven't got time to pop round for coffees and then they get upset when I don't . Sorry just need to clear my head of horrible thoughts before I have to face anymore >:(. Perhaps I am too nice to them initially?

Any respoce from this post would be good just so I know I'm not the only one that struggles with staff.

Prestige1

Re: STAFF
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 07:28:50 pm »
No your not on your own, I have tried being Mr Nice guy and Mr angry I might as well talk to a brick wall!! I hold a Certificate In Management CIM and years of managing people, but I have never encounted such a set of losers as some of the staff that come for jobs. I too have 3 gems but the rest are hard work, not commited to anything or anyone, you give them a bonus and it just goes over their heads. if I could have had the right staff from the begining my business would be 3 times the size it is now!
you have just got to keep looking, don't stop when you have all the staff you need cos you never know who will leave next.
good luck you will need it!
kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

*Chris Browne

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:53:10 pm »
You have got to remember that cleaners are not in it for a career ;D

Prestige1

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 10:45:50 pm »
No True, but what gets me is the lack of ambition in life generally. and I really do beleive the bennefit system provides such a safty net for them why not turn up late, not come in, and give it up without any notice? I am wrong to generalise some cleaners are worth their weight in gold but these are an exemption.
Who Dares Wins

dustdees

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 07:02:36 am »
My cleaners are really good.

One of them is willing to run the biz when I am called away or goaway on hols.

She's a very good team member, we all look after each other and she does some marketing for me as well.

So yes you can find find the right people and when you do look after them.They don't come along very often!

Denisex

Jan K

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 07:32:54 am »
I have the same problems, in fact mine have just got worse as my best cleaner has just been signed off long term sick with a shoulder injury (not caused at work I might add, but work just antagonises the problem), so I have been frantically trying to place her 6 Clients with my other girls.

I have a mum and daughter who both work for me......the daughter is great, she works hard and always lets me know if she can't make a clean.....the mother works hard-ish, but is very unreliable! I also have 2/3 other ladies on the books waiting for work, but they only want the odd day here and there, which doesn't really work for me!

I also wonder if it is worth it sometimes, but again have tried the Jobcentre, local paper etc with no joy. I am even paying the top end wages for cleaners down here, but that doesn't seem to attract anyone!

I just keep it ticking over and have to turn Clients away.............don't like doing that, but I am more selective now!
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

JJdomestics

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 04:25:02 pm »
Thank you all. I will just plod on then like usual.I have just found out today that an ex employee of ours is being investigated for fraud. Can things get any worse!!! Anyway it's a good job I keep all my records up to date.

Its nice to know that I'm not the only person who struggles where staff are concerned.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 04:30:26 pm »
I love em.....but i couldn't eat a whole one ;)

preston powerblast

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 05:31:12 pm »
I have only got one employee and he is diamond, he will work long days or nights, even comes in when he's not well.
He loves the job as much as I, he only works for me when needed, in return for being so good i set him up in window cleaning round and I still get more windows when i can for him.