This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

snide comments from an old windy
« on: May 13, 2011, 02:09:42 pm »
seen a windy ive known for years this morning.he s 65 now.still working on ladders.ever since i went wfp and got a sign written van he s been "off" with me!

first thing he said to me is"the best thing you can do is get rid of that stupid pole thing and get back to the ladders!"

then he said "i bet you ve only earned a tenner this morning as your that slow with that pole!"(11am id already earned £75 fascia clean).

for some reason he s dead against me using "that crap pole thingy!"

he drives about in an old car/dirty rags and does a crap job most of the time.i have picked  up the odd job off him as customers were not impressed with him but he s been going 47 years!!!

any of you guys seem to cause friction since you went wfp? ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Tom White

Re: snide comments from an old windy
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:20:08 pm »
Just smile sweetly at the old dear and help him across roads.

Pope vader

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 02:27:21 pm »
it is becasue you are showing them up,  a lot of windies dont want to move with the time,  they want patches,  working off ladders, earnign 60 a day then going home to walk there whippet

as a lot use to view this as a skill and any one can use a pole, so in there eyes you are just a unskilled worker who is out to make him look bad, probabaly steal him custy  lol

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 03:40:05 pm »
i have had the odd windy tell me wfp is crap and does'nt do a good as good a job and they have never used or seen the end results dont let it bother you mate

mci services

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:24:37 pm »
a couple of old timers have commented on it being slow ??? I think they see someone setting up and doing one house and not when you are doing lots of compact stuff

H S and Son

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 04:33:12 pm »
I had some old boy come up to me today and say 'Now THATS what I call Window Cleaning'. Might be your technique Daz  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 04:45:48 pm »
another guy who ive not bumped into for a while is a really bad window cleaner!he s missing windows all over the place according to a few of his ex customers and putting tickets in saying he s done them!he s also been going 20+ years!

what is it?do they end up not giving a flying f*** after all the years in the job?

i have picked a few up off him this week and the customers are glad to see the back of him!!some are reluctant to tell him to pee off even though he does a really bad job.i think they feel sorry for him more than anything!
price higher/work harder!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 04:53:19 pm »
glad you have finally seen trippy now daz. ;D ;D

Panorama

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 06:14:58 pm »
i had a guy approach me about a month ago, told him how it works , the technique and the benefits ie not climbing ladders anymore, his retort was " ye but your only going to fall 20ft"  :o

Pure Glass

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 06:53:20 pm »
Had a classic this week-in a cul d sac and working my way out I sees and old trad windy who I know does a fair bit around bas vegas.

Anyways, I try to get eye contact to say "owdooo" - nothing!! Not a glance, no recognition that I was there

Even when I was working next door, no more than 15 ft away.

You have to chuckle

dave0123

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 06:58:14 pm »
Had a classic this week-in a cul d sac and working my way out I sees and old trad windy who I know does a fair bit around bas vegas.

Anyways, I try to get eye contact to say "owdooo" - nothing!! Not a glance, no recognition that I was there

You have to chuckle

You wanna try working round here!! that's a god send... all you get from other window cleaners here is a mouth full of abuse or your on my patch boll*ks
Dave.

DaveG

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 07:17:13 pm »
My step dad started his own cleaning business back in 1966 and was cleaning a window with his squeegee, when the lady of the house said she didnt like that "new fangled" way of cleaning windows and ask him to use a shammy instead!

How times change :)

Hes always saying that if wfp was about in those days, he would be a millionaire!!!
You can't polish a turd

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 07:55:12 pm »
all you get from other window cleaners here is a mouth full of abuse or your on my patch boll*ks

Thats the way it should be, to put off all these flippin newbies!!!!  >:(

EandM

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 08:23:47 pm »
I work in a radius of 30 miles.

My locality supports at least 10 window cleaners - 7 of whom are my friends.

There will always be an infinite number of windows and a finite number of window cleaners.

Johnny B

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 09:00:14 pm »

You have to chuckle

I have experienced exactly the same, only I am trad and it was the wfp'er who ignored me!
Yes, I always have a chuckle to myself!

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

BORBRYCE

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 09:24:22 pm »
I work next door to some guy who cleans trad with a lad. I don't know if the guy know's or not but his lad has phoned me twice in 3 months asking if any jobs are going.
My very very good friend is also trad. He has took all my trolley stuff to practice on his own and friend's houses but just can't get to grips with it all, he genuinely much prefers to work off ladders. Diff strokes for diff folks.
Personally I blether to everyone who will listen, but I never tell a windy who is competing on the same run just how good and fast the pole system really is, if anything I will play it down a bit. If they are half as smart as they believe, they will suss it out eventually. Then throw their ladders away.

mci services

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 09:31:27 pm »
my brother only uses wfp for things that can't de done from a ladder, or if the contract insists, I was talking to my dad about it and he said son, me and you have did other jobs and our minds are open to new ideas, your brother has been on the ladder since he was 14 and is now 48 ;) he doesn't want to change simple

Londoner

Re: snide comments from an old windy New
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 09:50:33 pm »
Who cares? I don't. I do my job my way and go home. Get drunk, shag the wife and go to sleep. Life is what you make it *

*Im joking but the point I am making is who really cares?

mci services

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 09:54:58 pm »
Who cares? I don't. I do my job my way and go home. Get drunk, shag the wife and go to sleep. Life is what you make it   
very true vince ;D

Dougaldum

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 10:17:24 pm »
i am wfp and i dont care how you clean window's  at's when they go out and start taking your work  as if they's not enough windows >:(