Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

moaning custys
« on: May 11, 2011, 09:52:27 pm »
ive been doing a customers house for some time then started doing wfp for a good while then today he comes out saying i dont realy like this method why i ask? all the water driping so spent 10 mins explaining  again all igot was ill see how it gose ??? i just said it will be the same think hes just waiting for some other windy to come along .i said wot do you do when it rains then oh thats different. twat >:(

steven ainger

Re: moaning custys
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 10:05:31 pm »
Move on and replace  you can't please everyone

Handyman Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:07:24 pm »
i have a custy like that, the husband dont care less but the wife said the water dries in the same way its left there  :o

i just said phone me if it really does happen and ill come house (i said it more profesionally at the time tho) she never phoned i saw the husband asked him if the window dried. he said i dont care just leave it to the women.
Stephen C Brophy

steve123

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 10:23:01 pm »
i have a custy like that, the husband dont care less but the wife said the water dries in the same way its left there  :o

i just said phone me if it really does happen and ill come house (i said it more profesionally at the time tho) she never phoned i saw the husband asked him if the window dried. he said i dont care just leave it to the women.

Eh????

Dave66

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 10:27:01 pm »
just dont go back
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 11:19:28 pm »
Blokes can be funny especially if they havent seen how wfp works.

I had one guy tell me to dry them off.... told him they will dry off themselves and to speak to his wife as its all through her.

He must have had a right ear bashing off her for mentioning i didnt dry the windows off as he's nice as pie when she's home, but ignores me when she's not ;D
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 07:00:48 am »
i dont generally get many problems.the ones that didnt like it are ex customers now!most just need educating about wfp.make sure you do a top notch job.if their still not happy then its time to walk away gracefully unless you fancy getting the ladders out!!i will not though! ;D ;D

price higher/work harder!

bobby p

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 07:07:43 am »
i find moaners can drag me down and i find myself saying "what  am i doing this godforsaken job for", so  i tend to cast them adrift now. one old major kept trying to persuade me to cut my price by climbing out his attic to do his windows(3rd floor by jings ) rather than use my ladder, he was moaning by email , which was new to me

i have one street filled with curtain twitching moaners and the only reason i still go there is one old lady was very kind to me. luckily i now have a helper and the moaners are on his back now while im up on the ladder,listening ! only yesterday we started cleaning the street from the opposite direction from usual and boy were they moaning "yoooHOOO youve missed me out, etc etc "

Tom White

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 08:49:31 am »
I try not to let moaners get me down and try to adopt the attitude of 'Well, if I lose 'em I lose 'em, so I may as well just get on with it'.  I'm firm but friendly with them, and I can't think of many moaners that trouble me these days.

I've recently converted all my work to 100% WFP, and mostly they don't seem to care, but I've the odd one whom I suspect don't like it.  It looks to easy to work properly doesn't it?  ;D

My current line is to give it three cleans, and if they're still not happy we'll discuss the situation; I've implied we will go back to cleaning the old way (WFP tops, squeegie ground floor); but in reality, if they're not happy, I'll ask them to find another window cleaner (and they'll struggle to get a trad cleaner around here; trad cleaners are a minority around Chepstow).

And for the other odd 'funny burger' we may have, well, as long as I do a good job, they can moan all they like; it's only words and only affects me if I let it.