Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

danny mckim

accused of stealing.
« on: October 04, 2005, 11:18:31 pm »
Ive just returned from holiday and found out my worker has been accused of stealing from a customers house.Last week they were doing an estate when it started raining heavy. One guy sheltered in a doorway while the other got the van. during this the lady returned  home seeing her my worker came out the doorway and stood in nextdoors, When collecting at night this lady said 2 paintings were missing and said she saw my worker coming out her door.Ist up i know 100 per cent he wouldnt touch a thing.he has worked with me for 7 years and i totally trust him. Ive got to see this lady 2moro and would like some advice on what to say to her as i am feeling very let down by her accusations.

chris@c.m.s

Re: accused of stealing.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 11:28:02 pm »
how did they have access to inside? or was there signs of  a breakin?

Sussex by the sea

danny mckim

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:31:49 pm »
They had no access to inside and there was no sign of a break in

poleman

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 11:34:05 pm »
If you happy that your chaps did not do it, tell her to phone the police, as you have to be up front with it.

Andy

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 11:39:43 pm »
tell her your offended by her acussation, drop the job, and if your feeling really bad about it inform the law of what they  are accused of, and invite her to do the same, chances are she is a nutcase and has accussed others

Sussex by the sea

SWC_70

Re: accused of stealing. New
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 11:58:25 pm »
Offer to paint her a couple of new ones.  Who in their right mind is gonna steal a couple of paintings from anybodies house while theres a shed load of other tasty gear around plus a box full of cash under the mattress?
Seems like the old dears losing her marbles.

P.S. Your names not Thomas Crown is it?

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 12:02:06 am »
I think I'd also go down the local Police station and get the acusation logged.

Sounds a bit odd that your worker has been accused and you've not been contacted by the Police. Has she been and made a statement to the Police? I think not.

Standing in a dooway to shelter from the rain does not mean that the person stole anything.

Also, how did he break in? If he had broken in he'd hardly then stand in the doorway of the place to advertise it would he?

And why 2 paintings? What paintings of such extrodinary value did she have?

Also, having stolen 2 paintings just where was he hiding them when standing in the doorway?

Very strange? I'd go with the fact that you trust him completely and invite her to go down the Police station with you.

Other than that I'd tell her to go and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Cheers

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 12:17:42 am »
If the paintings were worht anything she'll have the police in, they'll do the rest.
Check your mate's dna, the lot.

whether she's right or wrong, she ain't got a windowcleaner anymore surely!
I wouldn't stand for being accused of stealing!
That's it finito

Pj

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 12:29:09 am »
All i can say is they must have been small paintings , if she walked past your man and did not see them right away , i reckon  he did it and hid them in his socks !
Joking aside , i would get it reported , just to cover yourself , she sounds like a loon to me .

Rich  P @ F 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 07:26:56 am »
Rosskesava is right - you make the complaint - it looks better and shows you are being up front - don't wait for a knock on the door -
it's probably her ex husband or son looking for some fix money wotdunnit ;)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 08:11:43 am »
 ;)I would say also take it to the police,can the woman prove he stolen them,did she see him with the pics,could be an Insurance job :oits the stigmarta again blame the cleaners ::)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 09:23:37 am »
;)I would say also take it to the police,can the woman prove he stolen them,did she see him with the pics,could be an Insurance job :oits the stigmarta again blame the cleaners ::)

I believe you mean STIGMA old bean!
Stigma: as in bad reputation.
Stigmata: as in  the holes left in the hands of Christ, from the nails the banged into him.

Mind, you may mean Stigmata! ;D
Sorry to correct the "Jesse James" of the squeegee gang.

Pj

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 01:16:58 pm »
 ;)yes your correct, ;D I kinda like the stigmarta,when I am with the women they keep saying to me o god ::) o god ;D anyway you forget the old bean bit ;) I fink
its always the do blame wc and cleaners,we are the first targets,
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 01:25:07 pm »
First thing to do is to clear your name ,you should go out of your way to get this cleared up and dont leave it hanging.

It is your reputation that is at stake and if word gets out ,you WILL start to lose customers,(give a dog a bad name).

Dave

Majestic

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 01:51:16 pm »
You have to go to the police, if it is left then it could come back to haunt you . Then they will say if he did not do it why didnt he  report it to the police.
I would also think about putting a claim in against the old dear, after all its your good name .
How many other people could she of told, when people start to cancel you know where it came from

dai

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 07:33:06 pm »
How many jewelery boxes left on open window sills has your guy seen over the years? Loads like the rest of us. Your integrity is sacrosanct in this business. Inform the police of her acusation and then let her know you have done so.
The ball is then in her court. The point raised about her not seeing the paintings at the time is a valid one, unless they were minitures. Dai

Dick

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 03:59:01 pm »
Don't drop the job yet until it's all cleared up, as that may indicate some sort of guilt.

I have an old lady who tells me every time I call to collect that she's had her purse stolen. She says she knows who it is, and I'm not one of them!! How long though until she thinks it is me.

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 04:52:14 pm »
(give a dog a bad name).

Dave

Mmm......Graham???

Pj

Londoner

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 05:05:06 pm »
Lets face it the world is full of strange people. It just so happens that you have found one.
I presume you have been to see her by now so how did it turn out?
Nobody needs this hassle.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005, 05:48:41 pm »