This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

domestic bliss

How many do you do??
« on: October 04, 2005, 09:59:10 pm »
For those of you who clean houses by yourselves,  How many do you do a day??
Or do you all have staff??

Prestige1

Re: How many do you do??
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 10:52:09 pm »
2 girls between 3 and 4 houses a day some times 5 if they are small houses. I would be interested to know the average what do you do?
Kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

JJdomestics

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:41:45 am »
Hi

We have 3 members of staff and around 10 casual cleaners to help out with holidays etc. The ladies do roughly 2 houses a day which I think is ample work for one day. If they do too many they loose moral and end up loathing it. Mu business partner and myself also do about two houses a day and then any extra spring cleans we fit around them.  Hope this helps.

Debicj

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 01:57:33 pm »
I work alone and only work 2 days per week.  I usually do 3 houses per day because it fits in perfectly with school times.  I have occasionally squeezed in an extra one but it meant no lunch break and working until 5pm.  I don't think I would like to do more than 3 per day regularly because it would be too boring and too much like hard work!

Jan K

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 04:13:40 pm »
I don't clean the houses any more, unless its to stand in or a bif one-off with one of my other girls. I do all the ironing and I clean the one office contract I have, whixch I only took on board cos it's local. My girls work whatever hours they want to, but it can be up to 4 houses in a 9 - 5 period between a team of 2

Jan
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

mxg

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 05:01:54 am »
Most of our domestic rounds are done by people who have kids still at school so they like to start just after 9 and finish just before 3 to tie in with their other commitments.

So in a typical day they will visit 4-5 properties and clock up between 20-25 hours - our minimum visit is 2 people for 1 hour each but we do have one client that has 2 people for 3.5 hours each which distorts the averages a bit.

Mick

domestic bliss

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 01:31:57 pm »
Thanks everyone.  I do 2 jobs per day and the odd spring clean now and again. Trying to decide when to take on staff

REGINA

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 12:22:43 am »
Well we run a small family business but even then I find I am very particular. I am constantly checking the work is done to perfection or as close as can be. Funny how everyones standards are different. I suppose I am a bit of a control freak so I make sure even though my mum and family have done their bit I tend to look it over and add my own finishing touch.

I know shame on me...

CIAO! GINA
Ciao! GINA

Jan K

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 12:17:00 pm »
Hi Gina!

Good on you....makes no difference whether its family, friends or a complete stranger, it is always wise to check work......people close to you are more likely to try to take advantage....cheeky people that they are!!  ;D

Jan
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol