Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny_h

your reply would be?
« on: May 10, 2011, 07:24:01 pm »
cleaned a house recently underpriced and a 40 min round trip to do ontop of the job and the story goes like this ..
cleaned the house wfp i was putting the hose and trolly away when the lady comes out
her "i'll pay you now before you do the porch"
me "ive finished"
her "no you hav'nt the porch isnt wet"
me "no they have dried already"
her "oh well i dont think you have done them"
i could see her looking at a dried on mark which i proved was on the inside
me "thats on the inside and here look there are a few water spots still on the glass - here and here and here"
her "ok dont keep on at me"
me "sorry but im just pointing out i have cleaned them"
her "DO YOU WANT TO COME BACK OR NOT"?

and bretheren your answer would be?
AUDI VIDE TACE

Tom White

Re: your reply would be?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:25:32 pm »
"Ffffffff...... No, I don't think I will!"   ;D

JS_Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 07:25:49 pm »
no

LWC

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 07:25:57 pm »
Money...in van, never to return

Wc Solutions

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:42:35 pm »
no thank you!! i want my customers to be 100% happy and you dont seem to be happy with the clean.

colin purewater

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 07:48:24 pm »
as we all have bad days now and then id say

"of coures"

she might be ok next time she might not just wait and see.

if shes the same next time then bin

always good to give people secound chance plenty of people have done for me ;D
keep it simple

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 08:23:41 pm »
A big fat dump!!!
You can't polish a turd

cozy

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 08:51:30 pm »
Harder to find a windie than a new custy. That one has an attitude problem, needs to be educated. 8)

Mike_G

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 08:55:53 pm »
I think you already no the answer.................NO

bobplum

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 10:15:08 pm »
as we all have bad days now and then id say

"of coures"

she might be ok next time she might not just wait and see.

if shes the same next time then bin

always good to give people secound chance plenty of people have done for me ;D

i would normally go with this answer but i get the feeling she is almost looking down at you so if i had a full order book,been in the job a couple of years then my experience and gut feeling would  be to take the money anf just say no i wont be coming back

mikecam

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 10:55:20 pm »
cleaned a house recently underpriced and a 40 min round trip to do ontop of the job and the story goes like this ..
cleaned the house wfp i was putting the hose and trolly away when the lady comes out
me "ive finished"
me "thats on the inside and here look there are a few water spots still on the glass - here and here and here"

How would you have broached the situation if the job was well paid and did not involve so much travel? Did the woman actually say..."i dont think you have done them?" or "i didn't think you'd done them?"
Actually to be dead honest with you, it just sounds like you had/have a cob on because it was a long hike for an underpriced job.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 11:04:06 pm »
I'd tell her it was underpriced  and give her the new price... she can choose then ;D
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

mci services

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 11:12:53 pm »
I'd tell her it was underpriced  and give her the new price... she can choose then ;D

bang on ;D I would remain calm and say actually no I have under priced this job blah blah so if you want me to come back it will be this amount of £----------

well in hindsight I would, chances are I would get my money agree to return and never return, ;D but my first answer is what I should aim for ;) anyway as long as I got my money I wouldn't worry to much

G Griffin

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 08:12:00 am »
I`d apologise for "going on" at her and say, yes I want to come back, please. Get trolley and hose out again and re-do the porch and also offer to clean the inside, to remove those marks. Nay, I would insist on doing the inside- gratis- as an apology for "going on" at her.
But that`s just me  ;). Well, maybe not.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 08:55:58 am »
err.. no.

Craig 72

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 09:25:26 am »
I had a similar thing,a bloke said I was a bullpoopter after telling him I had done the side windows and they had already dried.Dislike being called a liar so told him I wouldn't be back.Had to suppress the urge to punch him frankly.Wound me up for the rest of the day but for every 1 idiot there are 99 good uns.

Helen

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 11:51:12 am »
me "ive finished"

How would you have broached the situation if the job was well paid and did not involve so much travel? Did the woman actually say..."i dont think you have done them?" or "i didn't think you'd done them?"
Actually to be dead honest with you, it just sounds like you had/have a cob on because it was a long hike for an underpriced job.

We've all been there, underpriced, done favours etc etc and 9 times out of 10 it will be for people who inhindsight, aren't the best custies to have, but that is our fault not the custies.

In all honesty if someone had been doing some work for me and I offered to pay before what I thought was completion of the job and I got a 2 word answer "i've finished", i wouldn't be particularly impressed either! If that really is the way the conversation went, I can quite understand that she may have felt uneasy about the service, therefore why she questioned if you wanted to return or not.
I think we can all jump too quickly, when someone questions us and our work.
If the custie is winding us up then equally we could have wound them up.
At the end of the day, we are being invited to provide a service to what is more often than not complete strangers. They have put their trust in us and we have to earn that, as do they with us.
In this instance I would have said, thanks for the payment. I have done the outsides of the porch area, but noticed whilst I was doing them you have some marks on the inside, did you want the insides cleaned next time, I could do it for............. therefore re-couping some of your underpricing :)

gordonswindows

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 05:19:43 pm »
Its not that you can ever run out of new customers but you can run out of a "good name"

People and customers are people, people do talk to other people and they love to spread bad news a lot quicker and further than good

Word of mouth recommendations are worth their weight in gold, your reputation which is afterall a persons opinion of you and the service you deliver is something advertising  and door knocking can't beat

When a persons good reputation grows things like attracting new customers is easy they find you and then when you price you charge quality prices and nobody bats an eyelid

Don't be too quick to see "custies" as the enemy and drop them as you please because it might just come back to haunt you

How many times do we read on here that doing one house leads to the persons sisters house who just happens to own a large office etc etc

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 05:37:52 pm »
If she's not close to any other customer I'd dump without a seconds hesitation.... ;D

cozy

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 05:41:56 pm »
Its not that you can ever run out of new customers but you can run out of a "good name"

People and customers are people, people do talk to other people and they love to spread bad news a lot quicker and further than good

Word of mouth recommendations are worth their weight in gold, your reputation which is afterall a persons opinion of you and the service you deliver is something advertising  and door knocking can't beat

When a persons good reputation grows things like attracting new customers is easy they find you and then when you price you charge quality prices and nobody bats an eyelid

Don't be too quick to see "custies" as the enemy and drop them as you please because it might just come back to haunt you

How many times do we read on here that doing one house leads to the persons sisters house who just happens to own a large office etc etc

Gordon

Good point mate, I don't think it applies in this case though. She sounded like a prat who thinks we should be happy to have her as a custy. I can't fart loud enough to express my opinion of people like that.