This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

Re: your reply would be?
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 05:49:26 pm »
Its not that you can ever run out of new customers but you can run out of a "good name"

People and customers are people, people do talk to other people and they love to spread bad news a lot quicker and further than good

Word of mouth recommendations are worth their weight in gold, your reputation which is afterall a persons opinion of you and the service you deliver is something advertising  and door knocking can't beat

When a persons good reputation grows things like attracting new customers is easy they find you and then when you price you charge quality prices and nobody bats an eyelid

Don't be too quick to see "custies" as the enemy and drop them as you please because it might just come back to haunt you

How many times do we read on here that doing one house leads to the persons sisters house who just happens to own a large office etc etc

Gordon

Good point mate, I don't think it applies in this case though. She sounded like a prat who thinks we should be happy to have her as a custy. I can't fart loud enough to express my opinion of people like that.

I agree. She basically accused him of lying and then got all huffy and threatening when he defended himself.  I really do give customers the benefit of the doubt, because word of mouth is important but there are limits. What's the point of being self employed and putting up with people like that!

Perfect Windows

Re: your reply would be?
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 06:04:01 pm »
Its not that you can ever run out of new customers but you can run out of a "good name"

People and customers are people, people do talk to other people and they love to spread bad news a lot quicker and further than good

Word of mouth recommendations are worth their weight in gold, your reputation which is afterall a persons opinion of you and the service you deliver is something advertising  and door knocking can't beat

When a persons good reputation grows things like attracting new customers is easy they find you and then when you price you charge quality prices and nobody bats an eyelid

Don't be too quick to see "custies" as the enemy and drop them as you please because it might just come back to haunt you

How many times do we read on here that doing one house leads to the persons sisters house who just happens to own a large office etc etc

Gordon

Hea, hear.  Not an incorrect word in there.

Vin