Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

terrymaloy

How strange ?
« on: May 09, 2011, 11:05:07 am »
Just received a call from a customer. She wants a couple of bedroom carpets cleaned.
She asked if I wouldnt mind taking my shoes off as she has a new H/S/L carpet ?

She had just rang a guy before me and he said he WOULD'NT   ???

His loss, my gain I guess...I have plastic overshoes or I'll clean em in my socks...and I'll leave my porty outside !!

;D

Jim_77

Re: How strange ?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 12:16:25 pm »
... or just put plenty of sheets down on the new carpet ???

Some people are ridiculous, you can't clean carpets in your socks.  But then some carpet cleaners are ridiculous for losing a job, all for the sake of a little reassurance and professionalism!

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 12:26:27 pm »
Get a pair of crocks.
I have 2 pairs - change into an "outdoor" pair when I get to the job, another "indoor" pair that used ....erm... indoors. Just keep changing at the door.

cleanability

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 01:33:49 pm »
Joe are you saying you change into a different pairs of socks every time you get to a job???????????

Chris

ally75

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 01:58:42 pm »
I got a pair of white soled trainers from asda, only wear them when in the customers house (I leave my smelly normal shoes on the doorstep) £9.99, problem solved!

M.Acorn

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 02:45:24 pm »
I sometimes clean wearing my socks,normally overshoes though,find they rip pretty easy though,want some of the stronger ones and not the thin blue ones
What goes around comes around

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 03:03:22 pm »
Joe are you saying you change into a different pairs of socks every time you get to a job???????????

Chris

Dont change socks - they last a year without getting washed.  ;D

2 pairs of crocks (brand name for sandels type footwear).
Go in normal shoes, change to crocks at the door - one pair for in, one pair for out. They just slip on and off so easy if going back to van for anything.

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 03:05:18 pm »
cant believe ppl are going in without changing there shoes... its all about the service and that doesn't look very professional

Adam P

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 03:32:03 pm »
but crocs? they're brightly coloured kids shoes!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=crocks&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1209&bih=989

i just put the blue socks on over my shoes or take my shoes off altogether and wear socks whilst quoting.

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 03:49:43 pm »
but crocs? they're brightly coloured kids shoes!

They would be fine if they were my size but alas, I am size 10 (adult)

They are about £30 a pair, but I got a pair fro £5 and a pair for £15 - at that price not too fussed about the colour, but one pair dark green, the other dark purple

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 04:06:05 pm »
my size 8 ones are black for outside and dark blue for in the house.

My wifes are black for outside and white for in the house.

been using them for a few years now, work well don't they Joe?

clinton

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 04:26:33 pm »
Dont think i would clean carpets in just my socks mind...

Overshoes or as someone else posted a spare pair of clean trainers maybe..

Dennis

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 05:15:26 pm »
Dont think i would clean carpets in just my socks mind...

Overshoes or as someone else posted a spare pair of clean trainers maybe..

Same here.
When I first started, 20 odd years ago, I was asked to take my shoes off during a quote. Being new and obliging I did, and stood on a fecking drawing pin, went right in the bottom of my foot, never again!  :o ;D

wayne zabel

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 05:29:17 pm »
I find that the blue over shoes rip very easily and dont see me through a job most times,I had thought about buying a load of cheap white sports socks from Primark and putting them on over my shoes.

Do you think its feasible,I know I'd look a plonker but they wouldnt rip after 10 minutes.

Colin Day

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 05:32:50 pm »
I wear steel toe capped shoes after I learnt the hard way after I dropped my dip tank on my toes... Ouch! Taking them on and off would be a bit of a hassle, so I wear the blue over-shoes in customer's houses, which usually get some form of positive comment. I do get through a few pairs, but they are cheap enough.....

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 05:38:46 pm »
i wear Crocs out side with blue over shoes inside, but when i run out of the over shoes I always lay  a dustsheet down the hallway so can keep my Crocs on, I just make a big effort of wiping my feet as i walk across the dustsheet.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

colin thomas

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 06:51:01 pm »
i wouldn't want somebody in my house wearing socks and no shoes. how does the customer know that you have clean socks or clean feet for that matter, it's bad manners,

colin
colin thomas

mark joyce

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 06:58:22 pm »
if I make a mess I clean it simples

no way would I quote without footwear  we have all seen them houses yuck plus they are having it cleaned anyway

Adam P

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 07:22:15 pm »
they aren't having the HSL cleaned i guess as it's new. the customer is only getting a quote so if you make a mess you may not be the one to clean it either, now they have to pay the person who did take their shoes off to clean it.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 09:30:41 pm »
Like Colin I wear safety boots and the blue covers do rip and then found there are 2 sizes, 14" and 16" The 16's don't rip so easily as they don's streatch as tight. Browsing around I did find thesehttp://www.elite-supplies.com/proddetail.asp?prod=0144 Just going to order some see how they work out.