Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sf

first time door knocking
« on: May 08, 2011, 08:06:22 pm »
Posted flyers on friday, followed up with 2 hours door knocking today. Picked up 15 new houses prices vary form £3 for front of terrace - £10 for 3 bed semi. Averages out at £6.20 per house. £93 every 4 weeks  £1183 extra a year  ;D well happy.

cozy

Re: first time door knocking New
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 08:15:26 pm »
Well done, fastest way to put custies into your business.

sf

Re: first time door knocking
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 08:17:15 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys ;D After the first couple of doors really stated to enjoy it. Be back out door knocking in 3 days.Cant wait ;D

cozy

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 08:18:47 pm »
That's how to do it mate. Watch how fast you grow your round then!! I used to hate knocking. Love it now. Let us know how you get on next week.

sf

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 08:23:23 pm »
I was always a doubter,not anymore.Found most people very friendly.Totally agree, probably only knocked 50 houses.Hopefully have a really compact round by september.

sf

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 08:27:12 pm »
 ;DAfter listening to the great advice from you guys. my advice to anyone whos never tried it.Is gor for it dont be shy just ask!

sf

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 08:30:39 pm »
Posted another 300 flyers this afternoon be following up on them every evening from wednesday.then schedule the new work from friday.Dont want to seem to desperate.

Harry Robins

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 06:57:05 pm »
Definitely the fastest way to build up a round, an added advantage being the work is close together. I just find it very stressful, and now I prefer to use google local.

bad trippy

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 07:46:29 pm »
well done that man, thats a decent return
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

groundhog

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 08:04:34 pm »
£3 for front of terrace

I'm not going to say a word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  :-X

paul saunders

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 08:49:47 pm »
Come back in 6 months and tell us how many of the 15 that you picked up today you still have !!!
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

cozy

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 08:55:01 pm »
´Why's that? What would you expect?

edward1

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 09:08:03 pm »

well done m8.
thats very good .the only thing i would say is that i think you are selling yourself a bit cheap .up your rate 30% at least.you will still get custys.
but well done

groundhog

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 09:23:50 pm »

well done m8.
thats very good .the only thing i would say is that i think you are selling yourself a bit cheap .up your rate 30% at least.you will still get custys.
but well done

What he said ^   and do yourself a favour... set a minimum price of at least £10, then you won't end up with loads of silly 3quid jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

paul saunders

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 10:03:03 pm »
What I'm saying is that, sometimes people will say "yes" because they don't like to say "no", also you get the ones that only want a one off clean and they know that if they say that they might not get them done. Then there's the "cast off's" that other window cleaners don't want because they're messers or bad payers or access problems or any other reason they were dumped.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they're all like this, but I will be surprised if he still has all 15 in 6 months. 

cozy

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 10:16:01 pm »
What I'm saying is that, sometimes people will say "yes" because they don't like to say "no", also you get the ones that only want a one off clean and they know that if they say that they might not get them done. Then there's the "cast off's" that other window cleaners don't want because they're messers or bad payers or access problems or any other reason they were dumped.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they're all like this, but I will be surprised if he still has all 15 in 6 months.  

I agree with some of that, I've had the impression that some people who answer the knock would say yes if I asked to marry their daughter!! I get nearly all my custies from knocking, very few from leaflets alone, and some from online ads.

I would expect after a year, I would have 13 of the 15 though. Don't forget, there aren't windies on every street here, so I do have that advantage.

What would you expect from the 15 in UK?

Viktor

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 10:19:16 pm »

Thats not the point, you should put yourself this way where you count what you have in hand today and replace it once it's gone to keep what you had in hand yesterday. NOTHING IS PERMANENT you just keep on going. I would suggest - calculate what you have and if tomorrow you lost 15%, go back and get another 20%

paul saunders

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 10:27:12 pm »

Thats not the point, you should put yourself this way where you count what you have in hand today and replace it once it's gone to keep what you had in hand yesterday. NOTHING IS PERMANENT you just keep on going. I would suggest - calculate what you have and if tomorrow you lost 15%, go back and get another 20%

What has any of that got to do with whether he will still have all 15 custies in 6 months.  ??? ???

paul saunders

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 10:32:36 pm »

I agree with some of that, I've had the impression that some people who answer the knock would say yes if I asked to marry their daughter!! I get nearly all my custies from knocking, very few from leaflets alone, and some from online ads.

I would expect after a year, I would have 13 of the 15 though. Don't forget, there aren't windies on every street here, so I do have that advantage.

What would you expect from the 15 in UK?

Probably about the same 12/13, even when they come to you it's not a guarantee that they will still be with you after 6 months, although there is more chance that they will because they came to you.

abilol

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 10:38:28 pm »
i find it to go the other way some times  end up getting loads more on  the street loads of times ive stared cleaning one new house and cant get away because keep haveing others asking to have theres done