Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Gunn

Mobile phone contracts
« on: May 08, 2011, 02:16:17 pm »
My contract was up and I wanted a iphone 4 they wanted £149 then £45 a month on orange sod that,3 seem to be the best at the moment £69 upfront for phone then £35 a month but reception is hit and miss up here.Was already paying £45 a month with orange.

Did a bit digging and found giff gaff runs on the back of O2 so now my old iphone is running on giff gaff £10 a month 250 minutes, unlimited texts,unlimited internet fantastic no contract that your tied into.Their goody bags are good value if you need more minutes.

Link to order sim cards
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/safcgun

garyj

Re: Mobile phone contracts
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 02:25:58 pm »
Is that a sneaky affiliate link in there Mr G  :P. Does seem a bloody good deal though so will check it out.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:33:41 pm »
Just a little sneaky one ;),you also get a link when you sign up to spread the word giff gaff to giff gaff calls are free too so the more friends you get on it the better,my employee is on it so when he rings in sick it doesn't cost him anything but a days wage ;D

Adam P

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 02:37:14 pm »
only good if you've got a phone and don't want an upgrade. it's also not unlimited either but i'm sure people know that.

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 03:31:11 pm »
Can you keep existing number???????

derek west

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 03:41:24 pm »
Just a little sneaky one ;),you also get a link when you sign up to spread the word giff gaff to giff gaff calls are free too so the more friends you get on it the better,my employee is on it so when he rings in sick it doesn't cost him anything but a days wage ;D

;D

Adam P

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 03:41:43 pm »
i'd imagine as long as you aren't already with o2 then you can, but even if you're currently with o2 then you can just port number to a new network provider e.g. orange on a free sim card which you can get in store or evne sent to you for free online, and then i think a few days later you can port it back to the next one. never done this so may have it slightly incorrect but it's definietly possible.

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 04:34:37 pm »
Sorry, should have said............ I am already with O2, just coming to the end of another 18 months but I dont find their offers very appetising, but their service I do like.... so would like to stick with O2

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 05:41:36 pm »
Orange doesn’t do anything for free there high street shops wanted £15quid for the wife’s apple brought unlocked i4 sim and it took 5 days to get the pac code.  now feeling guilty (The suicide rate among France Télécom's 102,000 domestic employees is 15.3 per year, compared with an average of 14.7 suicides per 100,000 in the French population as a whole) am still with orange waiting for the i5 then I will get the i4 reject with a free sim on Vodafone have yet to use any phone to it’s full potential   :( :( ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

clinton

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 05:41:56 pm »
Sounds a good deal the giff gaff..

Long as  you can port the number over its good and as steve said you can port it..

Adam P

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 06:02:18 pm »
give them a call joe. o2 to o2 you can't keep number on a new contract/sim, only on upgrades, but as it's giffgaff then maybe you can idk. however as mentioned even a no doesn't mean you can't, it's just you have to port it to another netowrk, then back again

garyj

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 07:51:39 pm »
give them a call joe. o2 to o2 you can't keep number on a new contract/sim, only on upgrades, but as it's giffgaff then maybe you can idk. however as mentioned even a no doesn't mean you can't, it's just you have to port it to another netowrk, then back again

What are you on about now Trigger?    ::)

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 08:03:35 pm »
hi ho silver  ;D

garyj

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 01:27:10 am »
It's like having our very own Carl Pilkington  ::)

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 08:01:26 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

garyj

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 03:12:50 pm »
Been fishing, not had a bite yet  :-\.
Where is the little lean green arguing machine?

Adam P

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 03:19:04 pm »
what don't you understand Gj? you got me to come here on my lunch break so best be worth it