Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sandy

double hernia
« on: May 06, 2011, 03:35:14 pm »
how long do you need to take off work going in on wednesday for keyhole surgery

elite mike

Re: double hernia
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 04:18:38 pm »
i was signed off for 6 weeks  :'(

Helen

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 04:56:29 pm »
how long do you need to take off work going in on wednesday for keyhole surgery

ask the doctors, not us window cleaners :)

sandy

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 05:52:05 pm »
u get different stories from the doctors trying to plan my round time off so i dont lose custies

wellclean

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 05:57:49 pm »
and you think all window cleaners will give you the same answer. [unbelivable ]

Mike_G

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 06:14:43 pm »
This might not help but I used to play football with a lad who had a hernia op (not a double tho) and he was playing football within a week! I would guess only you will know when you are ready to go back to work.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 06:16:07 pm »
and you think all window cleaners will give you the same answer. [unbelivable ]

Nice ... the geezer is under the knife next week and he's trying to get a feel for the implications of his op. He can then take an "in the round" view. Sheeeesh!

Sandy - hope all goes well - my father in law (fit and very active little git of 62 at the time) went in in the morning and was supposed to stay for two days (1996) he discharged himself that evening. But I think he is an exception.

It's a game of three halves!

tacky

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 08:00:57 pm »
he told me to take 2yrs off .i ended up selling my round .i went bankrupt .they took the house off me the wife n kids left me .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

then u i woke up what a stupid dream

Johnny B

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 08:52:28 pm »
I had a single inguinal hernia repaired in March.

I was told to do no heavy lifting for 6 weeks, but to do light exercise (walking around).

After 3 weeks of sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle, I was beginning to climb the walls. So I went to my GP as I felt I was ready to return to work. He agreed it would be OK if I took it very easy (ie short days, or stopping immediately I had any twinges etc).

I have been back to work for 6 weeks now, and I feel as fit as I have ever been!  :)

Take care Sandy, I hope it goes as well for you as it did for me (better, even!)

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 09:36:50 am »
any keyhole surgery in that area will effect your core muscles in your abdomen and possibly groin.  it will make any lifting and turning painful for a while.

i expect to be off for at least 2 weeks, give or take a week, depending on how fit you are now, and how strong your core muscles are now.

good luck!
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

reachandshine

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 06:52:37 am »
Went back to work after 4 weeks then took it easy for another 2 weeks.
"Your pane is our pleasure!"

edward1

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 07:09:43 am »
 good luck sandy ,
speedy recovery

Sean Dyer

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 09:06:19 am »
long enough for me to go canvass all your work and tell em you aint coming back so i will do them instead :)

sandy

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 09:34:36 am »
ill need to get the wife and weans to clean them then