Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Re: Envirodri
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 09:50:57 am »
Yes Simon the Flexi 5 is a bit more but does a lot more
too.
It says on the Envirodri website "after years of research
and development" it's 2 brushes spinning opposite ways
for goodness sake.
Won't be bothering with one at that price for 2 spinning
brushes.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Len Gribble

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 07:56:34 pm »
Have to agree with the Flexi 5 you defiantly get more for your money also against the tm4 just wondering is the vac motor covered on pre-spay?  Oh I have a spare TM4 for sale (the ultimate Tonka toy) if the price is right £800quid no vat but open to offers above £850

John

Don’t read into it too much it’s all B.S ("after years of research
and development" another one is innovations) ;D ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 07:47:04 am »
Len,
I got a Flexi 5 on demo for a while and thought it was crap as a pile lifter. Then I realised that the entire suction system, pipes, slots, curves were blocked up with lint. Whoever had it before me had been dry vaccing with it and kept the vac motor on when agitating wet prepsray and hence all the wet lint clogging up the works.
The vac motor isn't covered if you have it on when wet agitating, it it even say DRY VAC ONLY on the housing.
As soon as I got it working as it should, it quickly became apparent that it was a stunning piece of equipment that helps produce fantastic carpet cleaning.

Simon

JandS

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 10:12:26 am »
Yes I think for the money the Flexi 5 is the
way to go.
Are there any similar machines about?

John

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2011, 01:41:01 pm »
You can get the same thing from Carpetgard who make the machine, but are the same price.

Simon

Len Gribble

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 07:17:57 pm »
Thanks Simon didn’t think it was a wet vac, it wasn’t me I read every label  ;)

John

Host freestyle is similar but doesn’t seem do what the Flexi 5 can with pre-spray and think it’s in the £3k+ bracket so the Flexi 5 is on the ball price wise. My tm4’s is about £1700 and it ant got a vac  >:(
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

JandS

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 08:23:54 pm »
Yes Len looked at the Host and as you say
£3k+, will have to go for Flexi.
Vacs up, pre spray down and agitated all in
one go.

John

Tony_Browning

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 08:24:54 am »
I Have an envirodri, replacement for long serving Host Freestyle (15+ service).

After 8 Months the plastic housing is cracked, and after 15 months pretty much disintegrated.

Matt @ Cleansmart told me there is a Host machine now available at around the £1300 mark......maybe worth a look  :)
Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire.
"A Local Company with a Passion for Exceeding Expectations"

Joe H

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 10:21:47 am »
I Have an envirodri, replacement for long serving Host Freestyle (15+ service).

After 8 Months the plastic housing is cracked, and after 15 months pretty much disintegrated.

Matt @ Cleansmart told me there is a Host machine now available at around the £1300 mark......maybe worth a look  :)

Host brought out a "new" model about 2 years ago. I saw it at a NCCA Roadshow day in Shrewsbury in Sept 2009. It was on "special offer" that day for £1k, so £1300 would be about right. It didnt have the facility to hang a vac pod on it, so in essence it was more like an Envirodri.  A set of brushes is about twice as much as a set for Envirodri though, so if you buy a new or 2nd hand Host do make sure you get the set of brushes you want or a bargain can soon be lost.