This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cozy

Re: All I can say is...
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 07:59:27 pm »
They never think about that Franky. The yank tourists put a few million into UK every year just to stand outside the palace. National identity is priceless too. The Krauts were all excited about it. Gurmun TV was full of the wedding today.

People need to look at what the dossers and benefit cheats cost the country. Start there.

traps7

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 08:02:13 pm »
I couldn't agree more Cozy.

the bfg

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 11:29:13 pm »

People need to look at what the dossers and benefit cheats cost the country. Start there.
[/quote]

like the royal family for one   bunch of dossers  do away with ther lot of them   I mean kust looking at prince philip looks like a scene from weekend at bernies

Tom White

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 11:40:14 pm »
Other than coming out of some 'special woman's womb' who was impregnated by some 'special bloke', what has Prince William done to deserve the title he owns?

In the 21st Century, in a so-called meritocracy, is there really a place for inherited titles?

mci services

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 11:45:15 pm »
Other than coming out of some 'special woman's womb' who was impregnated by some 'special bloke', what has Prince William done to deserve the title he owns?

In the 21st Century, in a so-called meritocracy, is there really a place for inherited titles?

well according to all my mates :o he is going to be the next King Billy ;D and apparently a white horse was involved today ??? so according to them it is a massive event ;D and he is now duke or something of Carrickfergus so that makes it all the better :o

H S and Son

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 11:45:53 pm »

Shut up you ugly barstood  :P

Tom White

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 11:51:47 pm »
and he is now duke or something of Carrickfergus so that makes it all the better :o

I got married in Carrickfergus.  Just by Carrickfergus Castle there's hoof prints of a horse reputed to have been made by King Billy's horse; which must've gotten off the boat walking backwards.

Shut up you ugly barstood  :P

Whose ruddy ugly?

Here's me celebrating the royal wedding in a British Union Jack bowler hat (though I think I look a bit like Odd Job).

I'm obviously a good lookin' bloke!

H S and Son

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 11:53:42 pm »
You sounded ugly on the phone the other day  ;D

Tom White

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 12:01:08 am »
You sounded ugly on the phone the other day  ;D

Yeh yeh, and that's why you were flirting with me, matey. 

:-*

H S and Son

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 12:09:42 am »
 ;D ;D ;D fecking lunatic.

mci services

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 12:29:57 am »
Tell you what today's events will have brought in more revenue than lost, also I have met most of the royal family and the are very down to earth and friendly people, and I don't just mean one off conversations, I worked on the Balmoral estate for three months whilst they were there. They have a great sense of humour and understanding of the world and our society, more than any politician I have ever met.

Good on them and we should celebrate.

ok I worked today but that was my choice, and I find weddings a bit boring ;D even mine I couldn't wait for the end ;D

H S and Son

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2011, 12:54:49 am »
even mine I couldn't wait for the end ;D

Funny, thats what your missus says too  ;D

mci services

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2011, 01:00:09 am »
even mine I couldn't wait for the end ;D

Funny, thats what your missus says too  ;D
;D she is still waiting though ;) so am I, as soon as one of us gets some money, that will be it ;D

H S and Son

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 01:18:00 am »
 ;D

Ross G

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2011, 02:10:46 am »
Iam not a Brit  >:( grrrrrrrrrrrrr

come to think of it neither is the royal family!

other side of no mans land in 1914 - 18 eh ?

Tom White

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 11:51:18 pm »
The Krauts were all excited about it. Gurmun TV was full of the wedding today.

Of course the Krauts were excited about the royal wedding; our royal family are a bunch of Krauts:

Remember, if a dog is born in a stable it doesn't make it a horse.

Queen Victoria was married to Albert, Prince Consort – son of Duke Ernst I of the small German duchy of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Her descendants were also members of the ducal family of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, a minor branch of the thousand-year-old House of Wettin.

It was Victoria's desire that her son rule as a member of the House of Wettin, instead of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, because she felt the older name would conjure images of the shared Saxon heritage of Germany and England.

However, the name Wettin was never widely accepted. Victoria's son, Edward VII, and, in turn, his son, George V, reigned as members of this house.

High anti-German sentiment amongst the people of the British Empire during World War I reached a peak in March 1917, when the Gotha G.IV, a heavy aircraft capable of crossing the English Channel began bombing London directly. The aircraft became a household name, and the name Gotha was part of the name of the royal family, Gotha-Saxe-Coburg. These bombings were coupled with the abdication of King George's first cousin, Nicholas II, the Tsar of Russia on 15 March 1917, which raised the spectre of the eventual abolition of all the monarchies in Europe.

The King and his family were finally convinced to abandon all titles held under the German Crown, and to change German titles and house names to anglicised versions. Hence, on 17 July 1917, a royal proclamation issued by George V declared:

Now, therefore, We, out of Our Royal Will and Authority, do hereby declare and announce that as from the date of this Our Royal Proclamation Our House and Family shall be styled and known as the House and Family of Windsor, and that all the descendants in the male line of Our said Grandmother Queen Victoria who are subjects of these Realms, other than female descendants who may marry or may have married, shall bear the said Name of Windsor...[1]

So our Royal family changed their German surnames to Windsor!

G Griffin

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 11:58:07 pm »
She looked lovely though.......I hope she has more luck that the other Queen Catherines.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

BORBRYCE

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 12:01:34 am »
Actually it is officially Mountbaten Windsor, prior to WW1, 1917, they were of the dynasty Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. German. The Monarchy changes with the centuries and the name they have now will change again in a few decades to something else more suited to the times. This name change is perfectly legal by the way. Even for us commoners.

Tom White

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2011, 12:03:39 am »
She looked lovely though.......

She probably looked better from Willy's point of view:

She may have refused to have vowed to love, honour and obey, but I guess these things don't get sucked by themselves.

(And I guess I have just committed a treasonable offence) ;D

Tom White

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 12:04:28 am »
Actually it is officially Mountbaten Windsor, prior to WW1, 1917, they were of the dynasty Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. German.

Exactly; Gurman!!!!  But Matt (the original poster) is saying that this rubbish is what makes us British?!!!  I agree.  Sucking up to the upper classes and remembering our place.  That's what makes us British.