This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Burbidge

A real gap in the market........
« on: April 28, 2011, 11:10:13 pm »
It has completely baffled me that no one as of yet has solved a cost effective solution to cleaning high rise windows inside such as car showrooms.

The only products are Ionics Pro10 (i think) and the Dragon Fly!! I mean what a choice.

There is a real gap in the market here.

Cleaning inside high level windows in places like showrooms is not all the time but it completes the set.

The Ionics Pro10 is far too expensive at £6,000 a pop for the use it would get. And the Dragon Fly, well, on a demo I had recently I was told I would have to clean the windows the tardtional way first before you could maintain it with the system. It kinda defeats the object.

A mate of mine is a carpet cleaner, I think the Pro10 is a hybrid of a carpet cleaning machine or something, any how I think Im gonna get my friend to pull one apart to see if we cant make are own Pro10 style machine.......

Unless there is something else that I might have missed?

Londoner

Re: A real gap in the market........
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 11:14:05 pm »
I do a church hall insides trad with an applicator and a squeegee on a Harris pole. Good enough and a lot cheaper.

BORBRYCE

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 11:14:30 pm »
Keep it simple. A good operator using just a simple wagtail on a pole is as good and quick as anything.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 11:18:02 pm »
Vince, Ronnie, Im talking high. Static poles wont do.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 11:22:33 pm »
Something light that you can extend and drop when you move around. Last thing you want is your static pole banging into a car door when your squeeging off.

Any how if its a new contract, chances are the glass is really dirty. Static poles would apply well at height, it would make more mess than it looke in the first place lol

mikecam

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 11:23:12 pm »
Vince, Ronnie, Im talking high. Static poles wont do.

If thats the case then minute detail scrutiny won't be called for, shove a damp microfibre on a SL2and a T bar  and pop it up !!!

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 11:25:02 pm »
Hey Mike, you ok.

BORBRYCE

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 11:29:46 pm »
Lee, if it's that high who the hell will care or even notice if it's not perfect?

mikecam

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 11:39:28 pm »
Hey Mike, you ok.
I'm brainstormin tonight !!!!

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 11:45:32 pm »
good lad lol........ by the way sent you a pm re Not Happy topic.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 11:47:48 pm »
Lee, if it's that high who the hell will care or even notice if it's not perfect?

As you know, if you leave windows for about a year, they will start to look smokey..... car showroom glass shows this up in the summer days..... so I think the Dealer Principle of the showroom might care.

;D

mci services

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 11:51:24 pm »
yes but they are still being cleaned traditionally at the moment, to enough of a standard to keep this from happening, you can clean trad from the floor easy enough to around 35/40 feet

mci services

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 12:03:08 am »
reminds me of a story my dad was telling me, he was pricing an internal high clean and he produced the quote including the hire of internal scaffold tower, and the director says we aren't paying that, looking at the hire costs, can't they abseil it, my old man said sure they can but the lads need to get up there first to abseil down ;D so that will be the cost of the scaffold + an abseil team what is to be :D

they opted against both methods and allowed it to be laddered :o

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 12:54:58 am »
yes but they are still being cleaned traditionally at the moment, to enough of a standard to keep this from happening, you can clean trad from the floor easy enough to around 35/40 feet

I also forgot to mention that the structure of one showroom I have in mind does not allow a clean swipe of the blade to the bottom. Its inpossible and no they have not been cleaned from the previous guys. They kept putting off, thats why the have lost the contract. If I could use R&W inside it would not be a problem at all.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 12:58:30 am »
reminds me of a story my dad was telling me, he was pricing an internal high clean and he produced the quote including the hire of internal scaffold tower, and the director says we aren't paying that, looking at the hire costs, can't they abseil it, my old man said sure they can but the lads need to get up there first to abseil down ;D so that will be the cost of the scaffold + an abseil team what is to be :D

they opted against both methods and allowed it to be laddered :o

Guess what? lol the Dealer Principle is seriously consdering that we do it that way. I have given him an RA for the use of ladders but I would rather not......... like I said the Ionics Pro10 is perfect but too much compared to the use I would give it (costs around £6000)

BORBRYCE

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 01:04:09 am »
Throw a wagtail on a pole, any pole, clx,slx, Harris or Extell, whatever, then just clean as normal. Simple man, whats to think about.

gordonswindows

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 07:43:13 am »
Wfp inside is not that difficult

We do many of these high angled glass panes inside you just need to plan the catch of the water

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

Spruce

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 08:55:16 am »

We do many of these high angled glass panes inside you just need to plan the catch of the water

Gordon

Like a small hand towel  ;D ;D ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 02:07:23 pm »

Gordon

Like a small hand towel  ;D ;D ;D

;D
Or convertible car.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 02:22:42 pm »

Gordon

Thats really interesting Gordon..... how do you plan the catch of the water??