Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

BVC

That which should never be mentioned.
« on: April 28, 2011, 08:43:40 pm »
Been experimenting.

Old brush in soapy water.... ???

Light brush over the glass and frame... :o

Good rinse with one hot pencil jet... :-\

Anyone want to hazzard a guess at the results?

Spruce

Re: That which should never be mentioned.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:48:14 pm »
couple of spots at the bottom of the glass?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dave66

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:10:04 pm »
perfect
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

the bfg

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 09:12:49 pm »
no not really

BVC

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 09:23:01 pm »
DAVE66 YOUR A WINNER AND SPRUCE A CLOSE SECOND. ;D

Got me thinking about how dangerous it really is.

What appeals is there is zero effort involved in the scrubbing action. Which when youve got a dodgy shoulder is a big deal. Bird muck and the layer of dust on the glass just slides away.

Also the customer sees soap on the glass. Not a big deal I know but nice for them.

Frames and cills come up very nice, very easily

As I said before only experimenting on a few jobs and it could backfire bigtime but I think there could be a little potential.

unger do a solution dispenser for use with their erg tec carbon pole so this idea is not new. Just wondering how far you can go with this before (if any) adverse reaction.

BVC.

elite mike

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 09:28:10 pm »
interesting .

mikecam

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 09:47:29 pm »
Been experimenting.

Old brush in soapy water.... ???

Light brush over the glass and frame... :o

Good rinse with one hot pencil jet... :-\

Anyone want to hazzard a guess at the results?

I'd be certain that you got great results, and as a method for first cleans it sounds great. For on going maintainance cleans its a whole uneccesary palava.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:57:37 pm »
been using soapy water on firdt cleans for over 2 years,

your to slow. :P :P :P

BVC

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 10:34:30 pm »

I'd be certain that you got great results, and as a method for first cleans it sounds great. For on going maintainance cleans its a whole uneccesary palava.
[/quote]

Appreciate the input. My primary motive was the scrubbing movement. Hot water and a weak solution of fairy and water seems to eliminate the need for scrubbing. More of an application with no pressure. If you have shoulder/back problems this could be helpful. No real palava just a quick dunk in the bucket on each house.

Anything other than 000ppm was a big no no. I now use up to 10ppm with no problems
And soap on the brush or glass was punishable by death. Who knew! :)

BVC.

mikecam

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 10:41:54 pm »

Appreciate the input. My primary motive was the scrubbing movement. Hot water and a weak solution of fairy and water seems to eliminate the need for scrubbing. More of an application with no pressure. If you have shoulder/back problems this could be helpful. No real palava just a quick dunk in the bucket on each house.

Anything other than 000ppm was a big no no. I now use up to 10ppm with no problems
And soap on the brush or glass was punishable by death. Who knew! :)

[/quote]

Iknow what youre sayin. That 000pm bit is rammed down our throats, it has to be pure !! I've cleaned with more than 030ppm and its been fine. And still have to get my microfibre out for the bits the brush and 'pure water' doesn;t remove !!!

TLC

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 12:24:17 am »
BVC your a genius! You must have to use quite alot of pure to rinse off soap tho ey?

BVC

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:38 am »
BVC your a genius! You must have to use quite alot of pure to rinse off soap tho ey?

Nah and Nah.  Like I said got the idea from unger. A weak solution seems to do the job. Just slides straight off. Just concerned about build up in the seals over time.

Might try some other solutions. If anyone wants to play I would appreciate your input. GG3/Cheap liquid/TFR/Squeegy off maybe.

BVC.

BVC

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 07:10:29 am »
Also thinking that as the solution and the rinse do all the work, the type of brush you use is not as important. ??? Maybe?

BVC

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 07:50:58 am »
Weak GG3- no salt, no spots.Similar IPA.

BVC

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 08:56:03 am »
Weak GG3- no salt, no spots.Similar IPA.

Excuse my ignorance Jeff. Are you saying Use weak gg3 or dip the brush in a pint?

BVC.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 10:01:44 am »
Yes (where is quad wfp when you want him  :-\ ) Use a weak solution in your tank or as Ionics do dip the brush in a stronger solution in a bucket.It wont build up in the frame joints.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 10:34:04 am »
good idea.

if ive got really really stuborn bird muck (only happened a couple of times) i use t-bar applicator on a trad pole then scraper on a trad pole, then back to wfp

LWC

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 10:41:57 am »
One of those soap dispensers might be good like on a pressure washer?

I was wondering other day, i cleaned a GLASS roof, i used their tap first to get worst of it off, it was a big roof quite messy. Finished and thought ill clean it off with some pure now, well went inside they were spotless??? Rinsed very very well. I didnt test their water, maybe it was very low. I think its all got a lot to do with the rinse in any case.

BVC

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 03:31:15 pm »
Worked today. Confidence grew with every house. Brush in the bucket for each house. Perfect results. Used a bit more water than usual. Very easy on the dodgy shoulder. Coupled with a roasting hot pencil jet on full power I am once again in love with wfp and I dont care who knows it ;D ;D ;D

BVC.