This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom White

Website Statistics; Views and Calls?
« on: April 27, 2011, 09:39:23 pm »
I've just had a look at my website statistics, and I'm getting views from unique visitors, I've had six unique visitors and 18 views (I suspect that these six visitors clicked on pages and the views is the total number of  pages they looked at), but no calls.

I seem to get between 1 and 6 unique visitors per day.

I would've thought that if someone in the Chepstow area, wanted a window cleaner, googled for a number, that I would receive a call for a quote.  But obviously not.  My phone has been quiet of late.

Is there anything wrong with my website (I've removed the pic of me and the blow up doll  :P :-[, before anyone starts).

http://abcchepstowwindowcleaning.co.uk/default.aspx

For those of you who have a website and look at your reports, have you an approximate figure for views to calls ratio?  Say for every twenty views you get one call, for example?

I'm not paranoid, pronoid, just curios (not bi either).  ;D

Frankybadboy

Re: Website Statistics; Views and Calls?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:44:00 pm »
i always get a call the next couple of days after mate,

except form one idiot in wales. ;D

BORBRYCE

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:44:23 pm »
Websites are poope for windys. Most of your viewers will be fellow windies.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:51:08 pm »
i will say that 8 out of 10 dommestic i get to clean reg.
and every uvpc clean i got thogh site ive cleaned or passed on

1 out of 4 commercial i get

Tom White

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:52:15 pm »
Websites are poope for windys. Most of your viewers will be fellow windies.

Last week I had two calls from my website, and the week prior I had one.  This week none!

Roy Harding

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:52:59 pm »
I get about 30 visits a day and have had about 15 calls in last 3 weeks.

Covering Monmouth Chepstow Newport Ross-on-Wye and Hereford

Roy

Lee GLS

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 09:58:57 pm »
ive created a site on microsoft office live, but how do you tell how many have viewed your page?

mci services

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 10:15:53 pm »
I find it goes in spurts, nothing for ages then loads of enquiry's, to be honest it is just there to receive payments and legitimise my business, anything gained is a bonus, I get more enquiry's from lads looking for work than customers, although I have had some good work from it

Tom White

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 10:23:33 pm »
ive created a site on microsoft office live, but how do you tell how many have viewed your page?

Lee, when I log in I can see a box with a graph on it which says website statistics and I click on the "reports" icon, and it shows a graph of how many people have viewed your site.  I think you may have to enable something though for the data to be collected; but it was that long ago I did this, I can't remember.

Lee GLS

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 10:33:07 pm »
thanks tosh, got it now, going off topic a bit, how did you get your site to rank 2nd on page 1 of google search when you search window cleaner Chepstow?

Tom White

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 10:36:35 pm »
thanks tosh, got it now, going off topic a bit, how did you get your site to rank 2nd on page 1 of google search when you search window cleaner Chepstow?

I dunno!  ???

I made a draft of the website, put some silly photos on it (one of me with a blow up doll), then forgot about it.  About a year later a woman phones me, she sounds a bit 'cagey' about me, mentions something about a website and my telephone number, and I do some googling and find the website that I'd forgotten about on the first page.

I think Stu had a similar experience.

Lee GLS

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 10:42:21 pm »
ok tosh, thats probably all i will end up doing, because im rubbish at this sort of thing, lets hope im on page 1 in a year  ;D

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 10:48:08 pm »
Is there anything wrong with my website

I'm not sure how many visits my website gets a day, but in the last 2 weeks I have had 3 calls per day from my website. I've had a quick look at your site, and although I don't like to criticise.. I would say that it is a little bit boring and I'm not too keen on your company name, the text is too small and seems too long winded. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm trying to help.. honest!! I'm no expert on websites, but yours just dosn't seem to hold my attention. I'll have a look around at some other websites and post a link to one that I think is a really good window cleaners website for you to compare with yours tomorrow.

mci services

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 10:49:34 pm »
woo hoo ;D I ranked no 1 for window cleaning(my town) but nowhere for window cleaner(my town) then tosh started asking about websites etc, and I changed some of the wording and key words and 3 weeks later no 1 for window cleaner as well :o

that will be why I have 2 cancellations from customers I dumped in November ;D

Tom White

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 10:59:20 pm »
Is there anything wrong with my website

I'm not sure how many visits my website gets a day, but in the last 2 weeks I have had 3 calls per day from my website. I've had a quick look at your site, and although I don't like to criticise.. I would say that it is a little bit boring and I'm not too keen on your company name, the text is too small and seems too long winded. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm trying to help.. honest!! I'm no expert on websites, but yours just dosn't seem to hold my attention. I'll have a look around at some other websites and post a link to one that I think is a really good window cleaners website for you to compare with yours tomorrow.

There's nothing wrong with honest constructive criticism; it's far better than false praise.

Thanks, groundy!  I'll ponder on your points when I'm less knackered.

groundhog

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 11:06:25 pm »

There's nothing wrong with honest constructive criticism; it's far better than false praise.

Thanks, groundy!  I'll ponder on your points when I'm less knackered.

Phew!! glad you didn't take my comments the wrong way, I'm knackered too.. but will try to add some more tomorrow  :)

mci services

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 11:44:28 pm »
Tosh I used to look at the stats all the time but found most views came from nosey buggers on CIU so they can be a bit false, but no matter how bad or good your site is( i think it is all right) it is giving you a presence on the tinter net that many shiners don't have so it can't be a bad thing, 

Tom White

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 11:59:10 pm »
Tosh I used to look at the stats all the time but found most views came from nosey buggers on CIU so they can be a bit false, but no matter how bad or good your site is( i think it is all right) it is giving you a presence on the tinter net that many shiners don't have so it can't be a bad thing, 

I don't have my website in my profile.

mci services

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 12:02:42 am »

I don't have my website in my profile.

yes but you would amazed the number of hits that came from links you posted months ago and I bet it shoots through the roof today/tomorrow

bobby p

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 07:08:16 am »
do you lads get big spikes in your stats ,where somebod has clicked on your site about 100 times?  i seem to get that alot, somebody in Cambridge (which is a long way from me ) has been doing that the other day.    very little work comes in from my website although it ranks well-mainly as theres no other w/c website in my town ! 

i probably get 1 job a week from it