This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

boldy1304

Re: best hose reel
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 07:24:07 am »
you found it yet tosh, im interested what you mean, my hose reel only came today

me too  :o

DaveG

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 07:27:22 am »
Tosh ( and the other guys who bought these) how is the reel working?
Cheers
You can't polish a turd

Tom White

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 08:31:36 am »
Cheers

Brilliant.  I really like them; but I've nothing to compare it too.  But it's a doddle to use, very easy, so I guess that's good.

And I will stick a pic up of that small modification that someone here showed me how to do.  Promise!  It stops your hose from over running the reel and jamming between the side of the drum and it works a treat.

DaveG

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 06:03:18 pm »
Cheers
You can't polish a turd

outdoor restore

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 07:44:33 pm »
Cheers

Brilliant.  I really like them; but I've nothing to compare it too.  But it's a doddle to use, very easy, so I guess that's good.

And I will stick a pic up of that small modification that someone here showed me how to do.  Promise!  It stops your hose from over running the reel and jamming between the side of the drum and it works a treat.

Tosh

I think this is what you're looking for

Neil

Tosh
I see you've got the claber reels.  I find with mine that because they have a smooth action, when unreeling they can overrun and  the microbore has a tendency to jump off the reel and get trapped down the side of the handle.
I have a small length of foam pipe insulation (2.5" the wide version) covered in gaffer tape on each side, which stops this and acts as a damper for the overrun.  Have to replace the foam every couple of months.
Neil 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 004.JPG (969.23 KB, 150x112 - viewed 27 times.)

s.w.c

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 09:13:15 pm »
cant see pic, i get what you mean, still like to see pic, today i thought i would put mine together what a doodle i got 100m of 6mm hose and i had a spare bit of 6mm hose didn't measure it but would guess 15m to 25m, i will measure it tomorrow, so i added the small section first then added the 100m to it, guess what it all fitted so they hold just over 100m,

outdoor restore

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 09:48:42 pm »

Here's the pic, I think this is what Tosh was referring to.

Tom White

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:55 pm »
That's the one, thanks Outdoor; it works!