This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

slap dash
« on: April 26, 2011, 05:36:55 pm »
Well i watched someone today, all kitted out, nice van, i couldnt see inside it but presume its ionics, had ionics poles, uniforms etc...but dear me, how they get away with cleaning like that! Quick scrub, not even the whole window and quick rinse on to next.

I might not have the swanky van any more but least i do a tidy job!

markymark

Re: slap dash
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 05:40:14 pm »
watch, wait, then nab the custie when they get hacked off with the slap-dash charlies  ;D
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

wpclean

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 05:44:05 pm »
I think some people new to wfp think the pole is like a magic wand, and all they have to do is wave it past the window and job done !

Dick

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 06:08:12 pm »
Oh dear, if that's not the case then I won't bother converting from trad to wfp, I thought it was that simple.

LWC

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 06:19:53 pm »
No its an art

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 06:53:46 pm »
I've got four years to go on my wfp apprentiship.

Slash

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 06:54:57 pm »
Funny this as I too was watching a WFP'er a few months back,slap dash like you say and on to the next,he was'nt even rinsing properly,it was a town hall he was cleaning,I was eating my lunch and he was finished before I was finished eating my sandwiches,he packed up and off he drove,the next day I was walking by the hall and was amazed that the windows did actually look perfect,I could'nt fault them at all,it really did suprise me as I was sure I would see the windows in a mess but I did'nt ???

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 07:13:07 pm »
Funny this as I too was watching a WFP'er a few months back,slap dash like you say and on to the next,he was'nt even rinsing properly,it was a town hall he was cleaning,I was eating my lunch and he was finished before I was finished eating my sandwiches,he packed up and off he drove,the next day I was walking by the hall and was amazed that the windows did actually look perfect,I could'nt fault them at all,it really did suprise me as I was sure I would see the windows in a mess but I did'nt ???
thats just it no one knows there job like the person actually doing it just because someone is quick doesn't mean there doing a bad job..

LWC

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 07:14:33 pm »
Ive done wfp for over 6 years now, i know how quick you can go, but when your not scrubbing the whole window, and then just rinsing, they will NOT dry nicely.

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 07:17:46 pm »
doesn't matter how long youve been doing it you still dont know that particular job so shouldn't really judge.

LWC

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 07:20:57 pm »
Go scrub half your window and leave other half and rinse it and come back and tell me different.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 07:25:12 pm »
if its a 4 weekly clean most of us can do a bit of the old splash and dash.why bother taking you time if nobodies in? ;D ;D ;D ;D.

i tend to over rinse if anything.very rarely get any problems.

i bet theres window cleaners looking at you working from time to time and thinking"that lads a cowboy! look how fast he s going!!!" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 07:27:46 pm »
Go scrub half your window and leave other half and rinse it and come back and tell me different.

clean my own windows never i have a window cleaner for that  ;D, not trying to have an argument or anything  ive got a number of houses where you can give them a very quick going over and there fine.

p1w1

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 07:28:34 pm »
if its a 4 weekly clean most of us can do a bit of the old splash and dash.why bother taking you time if nobodies in? ;D ;D ;D ;D.

i tend to over rinse if anything.very rarely get any problems.

i bet theres window cleaners looking at you working from time to time and thinking"that lads a cowboy! look how fast he s going!!!" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
exactly  ;D

LWC

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 07:31:10 pm »

clean my own windows never i have a window cleaner for that  ;D, not trying to have an argument or anything  ive got a number of houses where you can give them a very quick going over and there fine.

An arguement, im looking for a fight!  ;D Wasnt saying it like that, just saying if you dont scrub the whole window you will see it, like when you clean car and leave a dirty patch.

Cleaning your own windows is so much hard work aint it lol

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 07:36:21 pm »
was it a trafic you saw
in oswestry matt ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

LWC

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 07:42:44 pm »
was it a trafic you saw
in oswestry matt ;)

haha, oh no it wasnt you was it, lol

Take it back, he was doing a lovely job, best ive ever seen.  :P  ;D

p1w1

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 07:43:07 pm »

An arguement, im looking for a fight!  ;D Wasnt saying it like that, just saying if you dont scrub the whole window you will see it, like when you clean car and leave a dirty patch.

Cleaning your own windows is so much hard work aint it lol
point taken wanted to get to 1000 posts ;D, cleaned my own windows twice and that for sure was a slap dash job  ;D..last thing you want to do at a weekend is clean your own windows luckily there is a windy who i talk to does the majority in our close.

LWC

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 07:45:32 pm »
I used to clean our house before we lived here, in and out 45 mins every month. Well i did it other day, had about 4 breaks, and took about 2 hours LOL

dave carroll

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 12:25:52 am »
i also have a window cleaner, he was doing it before i started so would feel guilty if i cancelled him. Plus he only charges £6 where as i'd charge £10 for a similar property, so i'm saving £4/month  8)

Dave