Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Which pole is best and why?

N-Tech glassfibre - 30ft - £230
2.9%
1 (2.9%)
Facelift glassfibre - 30ft - £217

0 (0%)
CLX 27ft - £215
79.4%
27 (79.4%)
Unger Hi-Flo Advanced class - 27ft - £159

0 (0%)
Exel Xtel Glassfibre pole - 27ft - £127
17.6%
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 05, 2011, 09:44:39 am

Richy L

Which pole is best and why?
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:44:39 am »
I'm after a 30ft pole and I'c not sure which one to go for. I use an 18ft Unger Hi-flo at the momentand I'm happ with it, but as it will have the extra weight i'm not sure which one to go for. I will only be using it for the occasional job - probably 3days a month top.

I want a pole that it light(ish), rigid and not too expensive, and one that is known to have decent clamps.

Which one should i get?

Cheers

Smudger

Re: Which pole is best and why?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:45:43 am »
none of the above

SLX 30

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 09:50:33 am »
none of the above

SLX 30

Darran

quite right, but if you are on a budget get the clx.

Richy L

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 10:03:02 am »
Yeah I thought I might get that response. But I am not going to be using it very often and isn't there a waiting list for one?

I dont clean windows every day so I dont need an "every day pole" - if i did I would probably just go for the slx.

Is the CLX rigid?

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 10:10:49 am »
we have the clx-27 - very good for the price.

never have, or would touch anything that is just g/f.

if it's occasional use then the brodex ali poles are a good alternative

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Richy L

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 10:15:56 am »
It seems the Brodex poles get a lot of bad reviews.

What is the weight difference between the CLX and the Unger Hi-Flo - what are the benifits?

Tom White

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 02:46:35 pm »
Richy, I've a CLX 27 foot, if you want to come over and have a play with it; I've also got an SLX 18 foot, which is what I use mostly.  I keep the CLX for high work, but the majority of what I clean the 18 foot pole is spot on for.

And I see you're in the process of doing a lot of work to your house; that looks like fun!  :D

craig mcneil

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 03:01:03 pm »
It's not really a fair comparison. You've a whole load of glass fibre poles up against the hybrid CLX. None of them can possible compare to the CLX which is far lighter and more rigid than any glass fibre pole.

Tom White

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 03:03:20 pm »
I wouldn't say the CLX is rigid.  Compared to the SLX it's really wobbly!

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 03:28:10 pm »
ive had a fibre glass streamline 20ft pole.PLEASE DONT GET ONE OF THESE POLES!!too bendy and heavy.

i had a unger hi flo kit that fitted on a unger teleplus.good for conny roofs before i went wfp but again too heavy and cumbersome.

never used a facelift pole.ive heard they are good solid poles but again too heavy.

i have got a 22ft clx and its a great pole although for me its slightly too short for quite a few jobs esp awkward windows which are where we need the lightness and rigidity.mines a conny roof cleaning/fascia pole now.its also pretty bendy at full extend but good for the money.

i now use a 25ft SLX with aqua-daptor and extreme brush for all my work.its light,VERY rigid and reaches all my current work on domestics/commercial.the awkward windows above connies/extensions/flat roofs are so much easier with the SLX 25ft.It also reaches 3 storey windows.saves me getting another pole out of the van like i used to before thus wasting time.

in hindsight i should of just got a 25ft SLX straight from the start.you live and learn.it all depends on your work and hours worked as well IMO.window cleaning is a full time occupation for me and im on the tools every day so i need the best poles out there.i also have lots of awkward windows to clean on my run of the mill work!! ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

craig mcneil

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 03:30:26 pm »
I wouldn't say the CLX is rigid.  Compared to the SLX it's really wobbly!

I wasn't comparing it to the SLX. I was comparing it to the fibre glass poles on the list.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 03:46:41 pm »
but Craig, you think were all wimps trying to find lighter poles and brushes so i suspect you would recomend
the heaviest g/f pole and vikan brush going...

Darran

craig mcneil

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 03:51:23 pm »
 ;D

Beneath 20 foot I think you're all fairies and should be using solid aluminium poles and Vikan brushes, just like me (ahem). Above that there's a good case for a lighter, more rigid pole but I still recommend Vikan brushes! Above 30 feet then we should all be using SLXs with super light brushes unless you're built like the proverbial outhouse.  ;)

Erithwc

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 04:05:02 pm »
this post is crazy first thing tuesday the price of the clx will be going up now  ;D ;D

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 04:21:25 pm »
Craig - what a big poooof you are solid ali! pah!  should be solid stainless steel at least and the real men use lead lined poles !!  ;D ;D ;D

Darran

Richy L

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 06:55:34 pm »
Richy, I've a CLX 27 foot, if you want to come over and have a play with it; I've also got an SLX 18 foot, which is what I use mostly.  I keep the CLX for high work, but the majority of what I clean the 18 foot pole is spot on for.

And I see you're in the process of doing a lot of work to your house; that looks like fun!  :D

Yeah great fun!
We've got to the worst stage now. We had to dig the footings to 5ft as there was a drain nearby!

We have a deadline though as we are expecting our second baby in 22 weeks...  tick, tock, tick, tock

Richy L

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 06:57:35 pm »
Richy, I've a CLX 27 foot, if you want to come over and have a play with it;

I've just texted you.
Cheers mate,
When would be a good time to come and see it?

Tom White

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 07:03:39 pm »
Richy, I've a CLX 27 foot, if you want to come over and have a play with it;

I've just texted you.
Cheers mate,
When would be a good time to come and see it?

Richy,

I'm collecting in your street tomorrow evening; probably around five-ish.  Will you be in then?  If not before 8.30 am tomorrow morning.  

Or Wednesday late afternoon/early evening!  I'd say now, but I've got dinner on.

Richy L

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 07:23:04 pm »
Tosh,
Where are you working tomorrow morning? are you in chepstow?

How long does the 27ft CLX take to get delivered?

I cant find a 30ftSLX on the gardiners site??

Tom White

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 09:27:10 pm »
Tosh,
Where are you working tomorrow morning? are you in chepstow?

How long does the 27ft CLX take to get delivered?

I cant find a 30ftSLX on the gardiners site??

I'm not sure where I'm working tomorrow, mate.  Caldicot I think!  I'll text you.

And Gardiners are quick to deliver.