This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tinker

Presentation
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:24:32 pm »
Hi Folks,

Please be gentle with me as I am (slightly) new .... this is my first topic.

Here goes...I will be required to hold a 10 minutes presentation and speak about my company, Home Sweep Home Cleaning Services at the local Business Over Breakfast forum. In the past we've had assorted suited professionals holding great Powerpoint presentations about their high-flying companies ... how on Earth would I measure up, what should I say about cleaning to make it interesting / captivating / different? Before and after pictures?

If any of you pros out there have done something like this in the past...please help! Many thanks in advance - any advice or tips would be gratefully received.

Ramona
Home Sweep Home

Pristine Clean

Re: Presentation
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:47:45 am »
A power point presentation is fairly easy to do. And I would say Fun.

I will assume that you can do a power point presentation. Or will you just do a 10 minute talk. Some breakfast clubs are easy going and other go the full hog no holds barred.

Talk about your company, list key points, why would a company choose you? Give the reasons why? You wont actually talk about cleaning more the way the company is structured to handle different environments.

Maybe talk about your Green achiever? That might be interesting to some companies.. they have to be seen to be doing their bit..

Talk about your staff and your services and what actually makes you different. You should know... you started the business.

If its a business breakfast.. I would mainly aim for the commercial market. Yes business people have homes but commercial work is where the money is.

All the best

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

tinker

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 10:57:42 pm »
Thank you Pristine! you are so right....looking back I see I lost focus a bit and targeted mostly the domestic market at the business breakfast sessions... I will take up your advice and concentrate on the commercial / EOT side... A real eye opener, cheers! However I think I would skip the Powerpoint presentation though, as still not sure what to show the audience in order to keep them awake...I will just stand up and (try to) talk as you suggested.

Very grateful....Ramona

southern counties

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 05:48:08 pm »
You could try a demonstration / talk on staingaurding and hand out small squares of carpet or business cards that has been half treated with staingaurd and half untreated. Then show them the stainguard trick of pouring some drink on both parts of the carpet and then suck it up with a tissue...leaving a stain on the untreated part.. Each table or person can have a go and see how easy it is. Maybe you would get some staingaurding jobs out of it..

Dave