This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rycalshaw

silly price
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:57:07 pm »
just been undercut by another company for my eot cleans,the lady who runs the said company is charging £10-50 ph. i charge £20 ph and thought i was quite reasonable, at £10-50 ph minus fuel,cleaning products  pl insurance etc i can,t believe she makes a wage let alone keeping a business afloat or am i way out with my pricing...

Blue Frog Systems

Re: silly price
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:30:08 pm »
Sorry but i would say that you HAVENT been undercut at that price. £18/19 i would have thought being an undercut.

Sounds like the lady in question has just put in a price she is happy with.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Wc Solutions

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:31:10 pm »
£20 per hour is def not the average price.

we dont price per hour for eot cleans.

just give the total price.

sometimes the cheapest price isnt always the best job done tho.

im sure your £20 ph charge is alot different in service compared to the £10 ph charge.

we charge £12 on domestic weekly stuff and £15 ph on commercial daily/weekly stuff

Adam P

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 11:12:57 pm »
it wasn't these guys was it?

http://www.cleaninghouselondon.co.uk/cleaning-prices/

they have many other sites but all the same design, with the coupon, livechat etc, they even spam this forum and i'm sure will be along soon but they have ridiculous prices imo.

can't imagine they're doing a decent job at that priceor they could be upping it once at the property as it's crazy.

Two Bedroom Property (excluding carpet cleaning) from £127
Two Bedroom Property (including carpet cleaning) from £154

that's £27.00 for carpet cleaning of a 2 bedroom property which also includes VAT!

garyj

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 04:33:44 pm »
He's actually got a rather nice upsell hidden in there! He charges to take furniture away so anything the leaving occupier doesn't want it gets rid of at a price. He would then take that to a 2nd hand shop ( or a lock up) and sell it on via them or advertising it himself. When people move there is often furniture they don't want but can't get rid of because they can't get it to a dump. Just one bit of furniture from each job and he's made another £30 minimum! He also does garden waste, I bet a lot of people leaving an end of tenancy house have built up quite a bit of rubbish in the garden.
He's offering a lot of services so can probably take a hit on the cleaning and more than make up for it with other things. Quite clever really.

Adam P

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 04:47:24 pm »
suppose you're right in that more services he offers the lower others can go, but i'm often competing against them and the customer never says they also do this that and the other and do i do them. only once in last year have i been asked if we'd remove waste, of course we don't advertise it but i'm good enough on the phone to the customers find out what we're against, and they simply are offering the exact same services but much much lower price. i don't think anyone will disagree £27.00 with VAT is crazy low for carpet cleaning of a 2 bedroom house.

garyj

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 04:54:28 pm »
Yep, I blame the 'Go Compare' culture that is hammered into us on a daily basis, suppose that is why you have to sell yourself, equipment and method. It could be someone with a George that whips around the house in an hour and sees it as an easy 30 quid. Its an end of tenancy, very often all they are interested in is the receipt to say its been cleaned!

They might even be basing their pricing on one of those 'leaflet through the door companies' and think that is the going rate, they might even be charging extra for each spot and mark, we just don't know!

Adam P

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 05:41:08 pm »
good point. i'll have to find out