Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Hewitt

Re: Backpack Prices
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 04:44:16 pm »
Be careful about restricting the flow as this could overwork the over pressure switch. In my experience most pumps that fail prematurely have a knackered op switch because the owner was too tight to buy a flow control.
If your pump fails disconnect the 2 wires to the op switch and join them together. In most cases your pump will magically start working. only it won't cut out if you close the output hose. Seems obvious to me but judging on the number of pumps I have sold where buyers had this problem it isn't obvious to everybody.

pikeman

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 05:52:13 pm »
Just wondered if anyone can help. Bought the wcw backpack and broke the control numpty of and now stuck on the fastest speed emptys in no time. Soon as i saw the control numpty and how it protrudes i thought i must be careful i dont snap it off, anyway it happened lol. A bad design i think, only a few months old but obviously my fault.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 10:32:13 pm »
Just wondered if anyone can help. Bought the wcw backpack and broke the control numpty of and now stuck on the fastest speed emptys in no time. Soon as i saw the control numpty and how it protrudes i thought i must be careful i dont snap it off, anyway it happened lol. A bad design i think, only a few months old but obviously my fault.
Snap :-\(literally)

tam north

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 08:30:42 am »
Mines done the same m8 after a week. Cost me £22 to replace flow switch.
Going to put a kitchen cupboard handle over it to act as a bumper . (seen speed switches on e bay for £3 for model railways does anyone have any idea if these work for back packs,)

wfp master

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 02:45:13 pm »
When you use your backpack do you add hose to it or just make sure you have a long pole hose?
i use pole hose from pole to backpack works fine.

wfp master

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 02:47:19 pm »
ws18 from john hewitt £110 delivered been using it a month great backpack.

ps outthere

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 09:31:43 pm »
I bought an ESR505c from John Hewitt. It has an intermittent fault that John can't find or repair.
I would not recommend for this reason + wasted postage return fees and, it still cuts out and won't work for hours.

pikeman

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2011, 12:22:21 am »
Wish id bought another shurflo now to be honest started off with it about 3 years ago still going strong. Just thought the wcw one had a handle and a easy flow controller which snapped off far too easy. So now no flow controller  at all. I have a van mount but take son with me sometimes with the backpack which is now the 3 year old shurflow. you just know that control on the wcw backpack is going to snap off, too late now though. :'(

gary999

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2011, 09:38:18 am »
i would never buy another shurflo, pcb goes far too easy
on them and they are way overpriced.

i have a couple of ws15 never have a problem with
them well priced they have a decent 70 psi pump
that chucks out 2.6ltr per min and are cheap to replace
if and when needed

wfp master

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2011, 08:16:21 pm »
Be careful about restricting the flow as this could overwork the over pressure switch. In my experience most pumps that fail prematurely have a knackered op switch because the owner was too tight to buy a flow control.
If your pump fails disconnect the 2 wires to the op switch and join them together. In most cases your pump will magically start working. only it won't cut out if you close the output hose. Seems obvious to me but judging on the number of pumps I have sold where buyers had this problem it isn't obvious to everybody.
do you mean if you use a tap on the pole turning it off to stop the water can damage the pump.?

jouk45

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2011, 08:38:11 pm »
Tosh......I got 2 shells of shurflo's where things have broken in them in the past. Do you know whether I could fit a new uk system to inside of it? Thanks in advance  ;)
YES YOU CAN, THE FULL UNIT IS AROUND £80 EXCLUDING BATTERY go to

http://www.wintecs.co.uk search under
Shurflo Backpack Sprayer - Pump Kit Assembly

GoodFella2006

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2011, 08:40:38 am »
Mines done the same m8 after a week. Cost me £22 to replace flow switch.
Going to put a kitchen cupboard handle over it to act as a bumper . (seen speed switches on e bay for £3 for model railways does anyone have any idea if these work for back packs,)

Do you have links for those speed switches? (Cheap £3 ones,also the £22 replacement one please)

KS Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2011, 04:42:31 pm »
You can get a Shurflo backpack from Daqua for £192+vat

LADDER MONKEY

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, 03:07:18 pm »
Had the same problem. BUT if you call Craig at POLARBRITE he has sorted the problem & at very little cost. He has come up with a great little bit of kit, got mine off him this morning.... PROBLEM SORTED ;)
HOPE THIS HELPS  ;D http://www.polarbrite.co.uk/

pikeman

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2011, 05:31:04 pm »
Many thanks ladder monkey appreciated. Ill get in touch with him. Great forum this i started 3 years ago, had a lot of help off this forum even if it is the dark side lol.

LADDER MONKEY

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2011, 05:46:11 pm »
Many thanks ladder monkey appreciated. Ill get in touch with him. Great forum this i started 3 years ago, had a lot of help off this forum even if it is the dark side lol.
hahaha i know what you mean pikeman  ;D I will help out where i can. but i know nothing to what alot of these guys on here do. All the best with it tho m8  ;)

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2011, 06:20:29 pm »
I'm glad it's sorted the problem for you Paul..

LADDER MONKEY

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2011, 06:37:01 pm »
I'm glad it's sorted the problem for you Paul..
its such a simple idea m8, but then again all the good one's are. Thanks Craig  ;D