Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GoodFella2006

Backpack Prices
« on: March 30, 2011, 12:26:55 pm »

Shurflo Back Pack:

Window Cleaning Warehouse £279.99 (Exc. VAT)

www.omnipole.co.uk                  £175.00 + Vat

Xlinesystems              £180.00 +?

Extend to wash     £139 including vat

WCW Backpack v2/Facelift Backpack/ESR 16:

Window Cleaning Warehouse £119.95 (Exc. VAT)

Polarbrite        £119.95 (Exc. VAT)

Extend to wash     £121

Wcdirect               £95.00 ex VAT

Bayersan Backpack:

omnipole.com    £225.00 + VAT

Backpack ESR18:

Extend2wash   £119  

Wc Solutions

Re: Backpack Prices
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 06:25:13 pm »
i have the esr16 from john hewitt - extend to wash.

great bit of kit! cost me £130 inc vat & del

john stracey

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 06:29:34 pm »
i got the blue wcw one a couple of months ago its great

Wc Solutions

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 06:32:24 pm »
i got the blue wcw one a couple of months ago its great

same crop sprayer as the esr16 but it costs a tad more from wcw...

neiljoust

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 08:59:45 am »

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 09:04:15 am »
I've got the Shurflo backpack and the yellow Window Cleaning Warehouse one.  The Shurflo is far superior.

The build quality is better, mine's had a RIGHT HAMMERING, and is still going strong after four years.  Not only that, you can easily stick in a spare battery; you can't without a load of fannying about with the WCW one.

And also check out e-bay.  I bought my last Shurflo from the US and it worked out cheaper (though I had to pay import duty).

GoodFella2006

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 09:45:19 am »
Filling up these backpacks is bit of a hassle.

I don't want to carry water barrels in my van so thinking about getting a more powerful pump.

Marco UP1-N 12V Self Priming Water Pump Ref: UP1-N 12V
Self-priming electric water pump with self-lubricating flexible impeller for prolonged life.
Brass body with stainless steel shafts.
Suitable for fresh or salt water, for intermittent use only.
The internal brush holder, with EMI filter included, protects the motor from corrosion especially in a sea water environment. When used with an external tube the flow rate increases by 3 l/min.

For intermittent use only.

Pressure 0.8 bar
Flow Rate 35 l/min
Low voltage 12v
Ports 1/2" BSP inner thread and Ø25mm bore hose connections
Consumption 9.5A 11A
Dimensions 176x120x94mm
Weight 2.8kg
Temperature Min -10C Max 60C

Price: £132.71 (Including VAT at 20%)

Source

0.8 bar works out 11.6 PSI so it's not any good for pumping water to the pole through 100m minibore i guess.

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 01:36:23 pm »
Most lads here tend to use (and correct me if I'm wrong) a shuflo or a flojet pump at 100 psi.  I use the shurflo.  And if you've a van, then yes of course you should go van mounted.  Backpacks are really more for people who wish to work out of a car.

Or others use trolley systems where parking is an issue.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 08:26:06 pm »
Tosh......I got 2 shells of shurflo's where things have broken in them in the past. Do you know whether I could fit a new uk system to inside of it? Thanks in advance  ;)

Tom White

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 12:10:50 am »
Tosh......I got 2 shells of shurflo's where things have broken in them in the past. Do you know whether I could fit a new uk system to inside of it? Thanks in advance  ;)

If you're talking about shurflo backpacks, then yes you can; I'm sure.

But I've never had to do this myself, but I've read posts here from guys who've replaced the pump or the circuit board (which I've seen advertised - but can't remember where - maybe it was Window Cleaning Warehouse).

I've never had to open my backpack up, but I'm sure they're not that complicated to fix.

Ross G

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 02:12:51 am »

WCW yellow fellow is like a duracel bunny for me it keeps going on and on no problems to report after two years use

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 06:30:21 am »
Cheers Tosh. I didn't explain myself clearly as usual lol. The shell/plastic  body is from america as yours are. I've been unluckier though lol. Got through 2 in a bloody year :-(

Frankybadboy

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 08:28:16 am »
Cheers Tosh. I didn't explain myself clearly as usual lol. The shell/plastic  body is from america as yours are. I've been unluckier though lol. Got through 2 in a bloody year :-(
what you doing with it.

the old saying look after it,and it looks after you.

mine 2years old(shurflo) and still going strong must say that i only use it on a few stand alone jobs now,but when i 1st had it got use everyday.
had a small leak from the pipe but easy fix.cant see a problem with replacing any part as it easy to take all out leaving just the shell.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 12:24:09 pm »
When you use your backpack do you add hose to it or just make sure you have a long pole hose?
It's a game of three halves!

S.A.J

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 12:31:36 pm »
Cheers for this post I'm after a new backpack with trolly so I'm going to order (when back in stock) a WS series backpack and trolley the biggest one (WS18T) from Extend 2 wash.

Cheers

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 12:54:50 pm »
I dont abuse it. Just use it all day every day. I think more often than not,the problem is damp gets in the electrics and causes problems with the on/off switch. I've had some shurflos last a year or two. Just had a bad run lately.

Wc Solutions

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 01:18:10 pm »
Cheers for this post I'm after a new backpack with trolly so I'm going to order (when back in stock) a WS series backpack and trolley the biggest one (WS18T) from Extend 2 wash.

Cheers

hi ya mate.

the ws backpacks only have one flow rate, i can personally speak up for the ESR16 - yes no trolley but down bnq and your sorted or mug an old lady on her shopping day.

esr16 is the same bp as wcw but cheaper from johns site.

Tom White

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »
I dont abuse it. Just use it all day every day. I think more often than not,the problem is damp gets in the electrics and causes problems with the on/off switch. I've had some shurflos last a year or two. Just had a bad run lately.

My first one lasted about 18 months, but I used to leave it overnight in the car, even in Winter, and the electrics did play up.

With my second one, I never left it in my vehicle overnight and it's lasted over four years and had a right hammering.

Therefore I think that leaving it in the car overnight, particularly during Winter, isn't good for backpacks.

John Hewitt

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 06:56:21 pm »
Leave it in the car overnight in winter and if you get a small crystal of ice in the pump stopping one of the non return valves sealing it wont build any pressure. Put it somewhere warm for a while and it will be OK. My trolleys and backpacks all come indoors if it is likely to freeze.

gary999

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 08:37:51 pm »

Cheers

ive got two ws15 backpacks great pieces of kit for the money
only one speed but ideal for me,if flows too strong for yourself
just stick a hoselock plastic flow controller to turn flow down.

the only weakness is the switch under the pack just like the
shurflo, easy enough to wire up a better switch further up