This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Skylight City ......
« on: March 18, 2011, 09:36:28 pm »
Well as promised pics of todays work , it was roof time on the big job .
Dork in lift .......................ME
2 men doin a skive .........DAD AND HIS HOPPO
Window cleaner...............THE YETI

Took from 9.30 to 12.30 , started Peeing down when we put the harnesses on , sun came out when we took them off .....BLOODY TYPICAL !

Rich

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Moderator David@stives

Re: Skylight City ......
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:59:38 pm »
Rich

Did you have a rescue plan ?

Did you see the test cert for the wire ?

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:59:08 pm »
But of course Mr Morris , can you not see the bright yellow certs in at least 3 of the pics that i took , from what i can recall there needs to be one at the end of every joining man safe system , only to let the user know that it has of course been checked periodically for safe use .
You probably wont find a safer site to work on than this one believe me  !
As for a rescue plan , nah mate they let anybody out the roof access no probs !

That is provided that the site safety/security officer has checked you thoroughly for the relevant PPE requirements for the job in hand before he issues workers with a rather snazzy stainless/ally drop ladder and 2 way radios before the issue of any keys to roofspace .

Had this stringent safety policy not been in place ,i fear it would have hampered your call to me at 4 p.m for help in locating a star key and bulbs for your job in hand , not to mention the window cleaning that i then helped you with due to your IFFY OLD back ..............Hi Debs .... has he got you that curry yet ?

Which reminds me Dave ...... you still owe me and my other half a redundancy dinner  ;D

I am glad that you got these points about H+S out into the open though, looks like that NVQ did you a great credit my friend , cant be too safe , perhaps a course you can look at next is the AIM , no wonder Debs needs a beer and curry when she gets out of your motor  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Who ya gonna call ...........................PANES AND FRAMES .....

Love ya big guy ....Rich  :-*
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 02:23:08 pm »
Hi Rich

You still need a rescue plan, what happens if you are left dangling, you only have 20 mins before the blood is cut to your limbs, and start to build up toxins.

It is called suspension trauma.

You see, I had a rescue plan, when i called you for the star key.

Curry and Chips on its way soon