This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: Tosh's new van - lets help him choose.
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 07:26:37 pm »
Can you buy these private without VAT?

I know nothing about this sort of stuff!  :-\

Yes & 4 to 5k would get you a beauty. ;)

Sarcasm?  I'm not sure what the wink means!

Or can it buy something decent?  I really aint got a clue!  ;D

No, really. A pre '07 scudo/expert/dispatch. with that budget you would be picking from the best examples, especially private.

Tom White

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 07:28:41 pm »
Thanks, Win, mate.  I think I'll start looking. 

Now anyone, where's the best places to look?  Are there any good interweb sites, or local papers, or is there local magazines dedicated to selling stuff like vans?

Cheers!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 07:30:22 pm »
Thanks, Win, mate.  I think I'll start looking. 

Now anyone, where's the best places to look?  Are there any good interweb sites, or local papers, or is there local magazines dedicated to selling stuff like vans?

Cheers!

Google "autotrader"

TomCrowther

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 07:37:40 pm »
Before Slumps says it, I will. Go for the lwb hi roof version, they will have H2 L2 in the description. This will give you a payload of 1200kg {i think} which is great for a 650 tank, pressure washer and two fat mates  :)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 07:59:33 pm »
why does tosh need a 650 tank

Tom White

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 08:01:44 pm »
Franky, I work with Wor Lass and she'll be using a pole, so I probably would need a 650 tank; maybe.

She only works short days so maybe 400 litres would be enough and I could top up if needed.

Hey, thanks guys; and Malc for starting this post; I'm not in any great hurry, so I can look around for a bargin.

Cheers.

chopsie

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 08:33:17 pm »
I got a 55 plate(2005) transit with 68000 miles on the clock in November 09 for £5000, So  I should think you could get a 2006/2007 one for that price now.
chopsie

Tom White

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 08:35:16 pm »
I got a 55 plate(2005) transit with 68000 miles on the clock in November 09 for £5000, So  I should think you could get a 2006/2007 one for that price now.

Does it make sense to go looking for a VAT free deal?  Anything I find on the interweb always has +VAT.

Or should I just accept that when buying a van, I pay VAT?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 08:45:41 pm »
OK Tosh - that pic you posted is the baby.

The 815kg payload jobby is fine for you, 500L a backpack and worlass. (After all she is only about 50kg of gorgeous fitness errr ... and very slim and athletic, tops.  ;D)

I know several windies who use these vans with 2 up and a 400/500/650L tank. The 650 husband and wife team I know drew a line on the tank at about 550L so as to not go over the 815Kg payload. I went to the Dursley auctions this time last year with one windy and there were several vans and he got a nice 06 on 38000 miles for £3.8K - he's got a 500L on board and another I know has a 400 and takes 2 or 3 25L barrels for his backpack which he uses too.

The greatest window cleaner of all (My hero - Roy Harding from Monmouth) has one (or the Citroen equiv. - same van different badge) and I bet he'd let you see his - his was new I think - on a 2003 plate.

Don't go long wheelbase - don't go to the new shape - they are less easy to park and get onto narrow drives - completely unnecessary IMO. But don't get a 1.9 - get the 2.0 110bhp diesel - they are more powerful and economic. (I've got the same engine in my Pug family estate and it's on 170K and drives like a good un.

These vans project the right image of being serious about your business without being "vanwrap overkill lookatme and my wedge".
It's a game of three halves!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 08:48:08 pm »
tosh you are always going to pay vat when by from the forecourt,

if you dont want vat then look private sales

AuRavelling79

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 08:55:28 pm »
tosh you are always going to pay vat when by from the forecourt,

if you dont want vat then look private sales

But Vat is still in there it's just not differentiated.

"They" post the Vat so that if you are Vat registered you know that is what you can claim back from the Vatman.

If like me you aren't vat registered then what you pay including vat is what goes on your books as what the van cost for writing down purposes.

Tom White

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2011, 08:59:52 pm »
There's some great info there, thanks guys.

And if anyone is after a fight, there's a good topic in the off-topic area!  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2011, 09:02:38 pm »
There's some great info there, thanks guys.

And if anyone is after a fight, there's a good topic in the off-topic area!  ;D

No there isn't!  ;D

clarkson

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2011, 09:13:27 pm »

HI
 I had the scudo as in the picture good van but very thirsty for its size.

I would recommend vivaro i know its a jump in size to the ones your considering but drives much better than the scudo/expert in this age group. pulls better, three seats massive payload loads of room for kit.

my mate got a mint 57 for 5000 quid at the block.

i honestly couldnt see the difference in running costs when i was running both.

cheers

john

AuRavelling79

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 09:16:02 pm »

HI
 I had the scudo as in the picture good van but very thirsty for its size.

I would recommend vivaro i know its a jump in size to the ones your considering but drives much better than the scudo/expert in this age group. pulls better, three seats massive payload loads of room for kit.

my mate got a mint 57 for 5000 quid at the block.

i honestly couldnt see the difference in running costs when i was running both.

cheers

john

Aren't the Vivaro's/Renaults the ones that had gearbox probs up to a 55 plate? The Scudo of the same shape as the Pug/Citroen is fine but I think it's a different engine to the Pug/Citroen.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 09:39:51 pm »

Does it make sense to go looking for a VAT free deal?  Anything I find on the interweb always has +VAT.

Or should I just accept that when buying a van, I pay VAT?

You will have to pay vat from a dealer.

You will also have to pay vat from a vat registered private seller

You will NOT pay vat from a private seller who is NOT vat registered.

It's a whopping 20%!

Even a vat registered private seller you could haggle the price to counter some of the vat.

alanwilson

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 10:10:05 pm »
Tosh - we have an Expert 2.0HDI (110bhp) same shape as the one you posted a piccy of.  In my opinion they are the best van for window cleaning - double side doors, 35mpg, enough torque and nice to drive.  Mount a hose reel at each door and you've got a brilliant setup.

I do prefer my transporter (174bhp) but for cleaning windows the Expert is much better.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 11:11:41 pm »
Tosh - we have an Expert 2.0HDI (110bhp) same shape as the one you posted a piccy of.  In my opinion they are the best van for window cleaning - double side doors, 35mpg, enough torque and nice to drive.  Mount a hose reel at each door and you've got a brilliant setup.

I do prefer my transporter (174bhp) but for cleaning windows the Expert is much better.

Told you ...