This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PureClean Window Cleaning Ltd

Help with my new website
« on: March 17, 2011, 11:55:39 pm »
Hi guys, im new to this forum so please take it easy on me. im hoping to get a window cleaning website set up soon, but wanted your opinions on my other venture. i just want to know if the general feel is professional. as if it isnt i will get one designed properly for my window cleaning one. thanks.
if this works out well, i might go for another window cleaning one.

www.pureweddingdjs.co.uk

Steve Sed

Re: Help with my new website
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 06:25:01 am »
I immediately hit the back button on any website with automatic sound.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:26:14 am »
Ditto the automatic sound.

Flash content isn't very Google friendly, so you need to spend a lot of effort optimising that site.

Also,.. weddings=white. Your website is black.  Make it look more bridal & you will get more work from it.

Tom Kelly

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 09:44:25 am »
Great choice of music though. :)

VSP Home Care

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 11:22:14 am »
I'd lose the first page and have it go straight to the main page, the first let's the second one down quite a bit.  But well done if you built it all yourself mate, good effort.

erithwc

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 11:31:31 am »
i would get one designed from scratch with no music and get rid of the intro page alot of the time they are just a waste of time

i did my one myself just kept it simple im residential only so i find all i need is a point of contact without loads of rubish that know one wants to know about  ;D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 11:54:39 am »
I WOULD CHANGE THE MUSIC MATE, I LIKE IT BUT IT DOESNT MAKE ME THINK OF WEDDING MUSIC, JUST MEMORIES OF POPPING PILLS CLUBBING IN THE 90'S  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Bay View WCS

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 12:16:18 pm »
Hi PureClean and welcome

I am relative newbie to Window Cleaning and don't have a website so I can't comment on that score i'm afraid.  But as far as feedback on the dj website I would comment:

Automatic music can be quite annoying to some so you may be immediately alienating some potential clients.  Also, if some older people visit the site (as they may be the ones paying) then the current music being played may not accord with their view of 'traditional' wedding reception music.  I personally like the music and I appreciate that the bride and groom may like that genre more but the music played on the site does not reflect your range of styles.

I agree with the colour scheme and 'first page' comments.

There are a few spelling/grammar mistakes which should be addressed.

Give some previous clients a call and get loads more testimonials on there.

On the pricing page you don't make it clear whether the price is the same for Engagements and Anniversaries.

I don't mean to be negative and hope you take the above to be constructive.  I think you have done an excellent job with the site- just needs a bit of tweaking.  I particularly like that fact that you have managed to combine a professional approach with a personal touch- too many go down the 'corporate' road and this can distance them from the general public.

How about contacting the venues you have played at and negotiating a discount on the venue hire if they book through you.  Similarly with the Dancefloor company or a link to their website to get more info.

I think that if you can use the skills you have developed with this site on the WC site then you will not be far off; I'm sure many on here will give you honest opinions which will allow you to produce a very slick WC site.

Good luck

Tom

Steve Sed

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 04:07:28 pm »
You cheated!!! OK, you removed the automatic sound, but you also took out the back button. By the way, both my wife & I want our children to have this below as the first song. Not that they will listen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki9xcDs9jRk

PureClean Window Cleaning Ltd

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 08:12:04 pm »
ive changed it a bit now thanks for advice guys